• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

So I just watched that episode with a bunch of girls doing a musical of Supernatural and they sing carry on wayward at the end, HOLY FUCK, THAT SHIT HIT ME RIGHT IN THE FEELS!

That song is amazing.

51gX8kcSrJL.jpg

EW has a special edition issue out right now about Supernatural. They even have an episode ranking at the end of the issue, which I gave a cursory glance. Solid top 10 list in it from what I remember.

And no, Changing Channels was not in the top 3.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know it's just a cover photo op and all but J&J are still both incredibly hot.

/goesawayagain

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Last week’s issue of EW had the cast of Riverdale on the cover. That’s a riculously beautiful cast.

Yeah but they're young, fresh stars. The Winchesters are a decade older than they used to be and they've aged like fine wine. Or whiskey in Jensen's case.

Platy

Stopped watching this show a long time ago. I have two questions.

1. How has the show been after season 6?

2. Have these two beautiful bastards kissed yet?

1 - it took a while to come back from the shittiness that was season 6, but we are awesome again.

2 - they are brothers ew ... that being said, we had 2 cosplayers in love

ZeoVGM

Banned
Stopped watching this show a long time ago. I have two questions.

1. How has the show been after season 6?

2. Have these two beautiful bastards kissed yet?

Season 7 is likely the worst in the series and the last for the showrunner who took over for Eric Kripke after season 5.

Season 8 is great, with one poor subplot in the first half that they thankfully drop. It also has one of the best season finales in the series.

I would probably put season 9 as the second worst season, mainly due to the second half where the brother drama is so over the top and annoying it's almost unwatchable. My fiancee almost wanted to stop watching the show at that point during my full series rewatch (and her first ever) recently.

Season 10 is good. It's a bit more personal rather than the world-ending stakes of previous seasons. It also has the amazing 200th episode. The finale is a bit weak but it brings us to...

Season 11. One of the best in the series. The brothers are on the same page again and it touches back to some stuff from season 5 so if you can avoid spoilers, I would suggest it. It has a few issues but also has some of the best episodes in the series (an episode shot entirely from the inside of the Impala, an episode about imaginary friends, a crazy two-part mid-season finale/premiere and an episode near the end I can't spoil at all).

Season 12 is awesome. It seemed to have gotten a bit of a mixed reaction here but I think it's one of the best. The brother drama is almost completely gone to a very satisfying point. There's a moment where Sam hides something from Dean but admits it like an episode later. And instead of four episodes of bickering, Dean accepts it and they move on. It's a great moment.

There's also a bunch of other little things. The season is more focused on the "family" of Sam, Dean, Cas and Crowley with more personal stories. I really liked it. It's actually my fiancee's favorite season, which surprised me.

It also has one of my favorite finales in the series as well.

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://www.tvguide.com/news/jeffrey-dean-morgan-supernatural-return/

"We talk about it all the time and I've been saying it for years -- because it's Supernatural, and you can come back (as proven by every actor that's ever been on the show), I certainly hope that at some point not only will John return in some capacity. But I think that Sam and Dean need to have some closure with this guy and I think that John would like the opportunity to have some closure, and I think you, the audience, deserves it," Morgan said while giving a Q&A at a Supernatural fan convention in New Jersey over the weekend.

Make it happen, writers.

Make. It. Happen.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I want Sam, Dean, Mary and John to fight monsters together, as a family at least once before the series end.

The moment is just too good to pass up.

I love that JDM seems to have been more into the Supernatural scene lately, showing up at more conventions and such. And he certainly doesn't need the money with his Walking Dead role, which will last forever if he wants it to.

Okay, season 13 OT is prepped and ready to go. Not a lot of changes from the season 12 one. I was at a loss as to what to do with it but this thread inspired me. You all brought this on yourselves, so don't complain to me when it posts next week.

I just wonder who will guess what the theme is for this new OT.

Kevin

Season 7 is likely the worst in the series and the last for the showrunner who took over for Eric Kripke after season 5.

Season 8 is great, with one poor subplot in the first half that they thankfully drop. It also has one of the best season finales in the series.

I would probably put season 9 as the second worst season, mainly due to the second half where the brother drama is so over the top and annoying it's almost unwatchable. My fiancee almost wanted to stop watching the show at that point during my full series rewatch (and her first ever) recently.

Season 10 is good. It's a bit more personal rather than the world-ending stakes of previous seasons. It also has the amazing 200th episode. The finale is a bit weak but it brings us to...

Season 11. One of the best in the series. The brothers are on the same page again and it touches back to some stuff from season 5 so if you can avoid spoilers, I would suggest it. It has a few issues but also has some of the best episodes in the series (an episode shot entirely from the inside of the Impala, an episode about imaginary friends, a crazy two-part mid-season finale/premiere and an episode near the end I can't spoil at all).

Season 12 is awesome. It seemed to have gotten a bit of a mixed reaction here but I think it's one of the best. The brother drama is almost completely gone to a very satisfying point. There's a moment where Sam hides something from Dean but admits it like an episode later. And instead of four episodes of bickering, Dean accepts it and they move on. It's a great moment.

There's also a bunch of other little things. The season is more focused on the "family" of Sam, Dean, Cas and Crowley with more personal stories. I really liked it. It's actually my fiancee's favorite season, which surprised me.

It also has one of my favorite finales in the series as well.

This is pretty accurate to my own views as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd say the first few episodes of 7 were really good and it does feature one of the best episodes in the series (you all know the one). I might put it just above 6, but that's me.

6 is the worst season. 7 at least tries something new, but it drops the ball and then has to wrap it up because Gamble left. 6 is just an entire season of lost potential.

8 and 9 are pretty damn bad, too. I really hated the way Carver just came and shit all over everything that came before him, turning angels into walking jokes and demons into bureaucrats.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, 8 is the worst season, with 9 being second. 6 at least had some good premises that I hope they mine later on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
French Mistake alone puts season 6 over 7.

The main plotlines in 6 were all complete trash and utterly wasted potential until "The Man who would be King" saved the season. There were two, maybe three, good episodes that season. Not enough to make up for all the trash, especially early on.

Aaaaah, I want to watch it!!! But will not. I also want to go blind into season 13. When are we getting it?
I'm with you on that lol. I'm tempted so hard to watch that trailer and look at all those spoiler tags, but I can wait. Season 13 premiere is Oct 12 it's so closssssse!

I skipped most of Season 12, jumped back on the finale, and didn't notice that I'd been gone. Honestly, I stopped truly caring about the show past Season 9, despite starting off as a big fan of the series.

Fun fact: I met Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer) at a con just after Season 10 finished, and caught him up on the events of the show after he left. I told him the next villain if
God's Sister, The Darkness
, so you need to get back on the show. "This is your chance," and sure enough, there he was back in Season 11.I'm sure the execs were already planning on pulling him back from the moment the scripts were finished, but I like to think that I played my own part in getting him back on the show.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Wait

is this the first time we see Rowena
burnt to death? that was her corpse no?

Looks like that video is down?

But to answer you question, no. It's the very first scene in the season finale.

(There's no way she's really dead though. They wouldn't kill her off screen.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom