• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3vnull

- When they showed the Men of Letters lady, I at first thought her boss was Death and he was just chilling overseas eating fish and chips. But, nope.

I was so hoping for that, too. But no...

Finale was ok. I was disappointed with the lack of emotions I felt.

Omni

I feel like season 12 is gonna be another season 6.

Just coming off fighting God's sister. There's no way they can ever top that in scale.

dalin80

Banned
carry on my wayward son

How i missed you

Ugh, so very tired of it. The show used to have an awesome soundtrack but now it's free license cliche rock and wayward son.

Back in season 1 a single episode had-

''In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly
''Good Deal" by Mommy and Daddy
"Poison Whiskey" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter
"Mary" by The Death Riders
"All Right Now" by Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9uNwEBusfM

OnPoint

I feel like season 12 is gonna be another season 6.

Just coming off fighting God's sister. There's no way they can ever top that in scale.

They really don't need to top that in scale, not right away, or maybe ever again. Now's the time to change gears a little bit. If they write the brothers into some truly sticky situations they could have a different but awesome "low-stakes" season. Get Cas and Crowly out of there for a bit. Don't provide macguffins for them to use to power their way out of it (the Colt, Hands of God, etc) and instead rely on their ingenuity and skills as hunters and people. I'd love to see them on the run again with nothing but a trunk full of guns and some classic rock blaring out of the Impala. Maybe have them slowly uncovering a dark conspiracy set up by The Men of Letters organization over the course of 2 or 3 seasons that would cause the rise of something like Cthulu (doesn't have to be that, just an example) unless they can put a stop to it.

I know I said it before, but I predict the Season 12 finale will be them facing down some impossible situation with their backs against the wall and BOOM, in comes John Winchester out of nowhere to save them.

Ugh, so very tired of it. The show used to have an awesome soundtrack but now it's free license cliche rock and wayward son.

Back in season 1 a single episode had-

''In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly
''Good Deal" by Mommy and Daddy
"Poison Whiskey" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter
"Mary" by The Death Riders
"All Right Now" by Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9uNwEBusfM

Yeah it's a damn shame how far the musical choices have fallen. I often find myself laughing at what they choose for some scenes.

Booser

Love Wayward Son. It's the shows theme song. You're not allowed to be sick of it.

The finale was probably one of the weakest if I'm honest. As cool as the Chuck reveal episode was it seemed like they ran out of steam afterwards. The showdown with the Darkness was probably the only way to write themselves out of the hole they got themselves into with such a lofty premise. I still can't wrap my head around Dean telling God what to do. Ugh.

The Men of Letters storyline doesn't seem too exciting, but I think it has more potential then God's family issues. Interesting to see what happens - if anything - with Lucifer. If they bring him back he has gotta be real pissed by this stage.

I keep forgetting they brought Mary back. It just seemed like such a contrived, tacked on twist.

Overall a good season which went a bit flat at the end.

dalin80

Banned
Have just started rewatching season one, just can't get use to Dean have a normal human voice, the good old days when single demons were the 'big-bad'.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Yeah, they would benefit from a change of scenery. Would possibly allow for some new lore. Even if only for 5 episodes.
So, basically, it will be like that season of Blossom where they started out in Paris. Maybe they could get Sam to say "woah".

xrnzaaas

The last episode would've been decent if this was the series finale and obviously if it wouldn't include the last two scenes. There's really not much to look forward to in the next season in terms of the main storyline, even if Dean & Impala fly to London. ;)

Omni

Have just started rewatching season one, just can't get use to Dean have a normal human voice, the good old days when single demons were the 'big-bad'.
Yeah, the first few seasons really were amazing. Now we're just in plain old silly territory. They've trivialised hell and demons so much as the series has progressed. I really dislike how this latest season has crapped all over Lucifer's character too. It almost ruins season 5 for me.

Love the show but I think we've been on a downward slope for a while now. Hope next season is the last.

Just finished watching the last two episodes of the season and man... It was terrible and I officially am through with the series. One thing for sure, I'm glad I've never bought more than the first 5 seasons in DVD. They really should have called it quit back then, I wish I would have foreseen it's rapid descent into a shit show. Now I'm just left with that shitty aftertaste.

Watched this season finally after being pretty bummed the last few. I was of the opinion that it should have stopped after season 5, but this season was terrific.

Kevin

Yeah I really enjoyed season 11. There was a few slower episodes 3/4 into the season but the final four were all pretty solid I thought.

While normally I would not have wanted the show to reach such campy highs, I do kind of understand that a lot of it was due to how low the budget was. I do really miss the more epic seasons of the show where it had a more serious tone but again budget really is an issue now and so I understand why they changed up the formula.

Season 12 sounds like it will be fantastic. I've wanted more Men of Letters stuff since the Men of Letters stuff first appeared in season 8. I was disappointed that they never did a whole lot with the Men of Letters and I'm getting the impression that they are going to give us a lot of Men of Letters for season 12 which has me hyped.

Honestly, we know they can't top god so it will be nice to do something completely new revolving around the Men of Letters and a very human season 12. This could hopefully once again give the show new life and a new approach and that has me excited. Same with that other "twist" ending. Both of these could really shake the show up and with all new show runners and some new writers, I'm kind of hoping that to be the case.

I see no reason why the show needs to end if me and others are still enjoying it and the ratings prove that it's still one of the CW's biggest successes each season.

Media

Glad I found this thread.

Loved this last season. Chuck was amazing, the conversation between him and Lucifer was wonderfully executed, and I loved the fact that beating the bad guy was done with diplomacy this time. It was a refreshing change.

The twist of Sam vs Bond Chick and Mom being brought back leaves an interesting cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what they do next.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fine with me. More Crowley. Less Rowena.

Oh yes

a0bNk.gif

Media

Kevin

Season 12 sounds decent enough but I was really hoping they were done with the Lucifer stuff for the time being. Kind of tired of major characters/actors being recasted. They should have just left it well enough alone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Season 12 sounds decent enough but I was really hoping they were done with the Lucifer stuff for the time being. Kind of tired of major characters/actors being recasted. They should have just left it well enough alone.

Could be all the arch angels are back now. Plus with Lucifer's turn at the end of last season, there's some interesting things they can do with him now. He's not just a bad guy anymore.

noomi

I've had Supernatural sitting in my netflix que for a very long time, and last night I finally decided to give it a go ^_^

From what I understand the show starts off pretty serious but eventually turns to be very meta and comedic (in a Community way?).

Either way, without any spoilers, would anyone care to rank the season from best to worst? I want to know when I'm going to get to the good stuff :D

I've had Supernatural sitting in my netflix que for a very long time, and last night I finally decided to give it a go ^_^

From what I understand the show starts off pretty serious but eventually turns to be very meta and comedic (in a Community way?).

Either way, without any spoilers, would anyone care to rank the season from best to worst? I want to know when I'm going to get to the good stuff :D
Latter half of season 1 is when it picks up and gets better. And as for comedy and meta, it is only occasionally we get those episodes.

As for ranking: 5=4=11(I seriously can't decide the order), 8, 2, 3, then some order of 1,9, and 10, with 6 and 7 being at the bottom. Man was season 7 bad.

Media

It's still serious but yeah, it got a lot more meta. It's never really a comedy, but some episodes are hilarious as hell.

And sadly watching the first season on Netflix means you miss out on the amazing music :(

Best seasons? Eee that's hard. My personal rating.

5=11

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

It maintains most of its tone throughout the series but you'll get those very Community-esque Abed-delusion meta episodes at a rate of one every season, on top of some genre-trope/self-aware jokes sprinkled here or there.

Oh man Noomster welcome aboard the Impala!

So seasons 1-5 are regarded as the best. Seasons 6-8 are pretty weak. 9 is the dumps, 10 starts picking up again, 11 is the best since the GoaT seasons.

Personally tho, I find that every season past 5 has some high moments(except one of the arca involving...youll know when you get there :p)

Also the 1st season on Netflix doesnt have any of the original licensed music, which sucks.

noomi

Wow wasn't expecting replies so quickly haha! Thanks guys ^_^

Looking forward to going through the show, will probably take me a while but I'm committed to sticking with it and taking it all in.

Sucks to hear about the licensed music missing from Netflix, is this only with the first season or through the entire show? Netflix is really the only way I can watch it at the moment.... unless it's on Amazon Prime Video...?

Wow wasn't expecting replies so quickly haha! Thanks guys ^_^

Looking forward to going through the show, will probably take me a while but I'm committed to sticking with it and taking it all in.

Sucks to hear about the licensed music missing from Netflix, is this only with the first season or through the entire show? Netflix is really the only way I can watch it at the moment.... unless it's on Amazon Prime Video...?

Idk if its on amazon prime...the music is really effective. Like, the songs are just right and perfect to their scenes.

Also, I know your gonna rock that NMS soon, and NMS is the perfect "put on a video" game :p So you might go through Supernatural faster than you think haha

noomi

Idk if its on amazon prime...the music is really effective. Like, the songs are just right and perfect to their scenes.

Also, I know your gonna rock that NMS soon, and NMS is the perfect "put on a video" game :p So you might go through Supernatural faster than you think haha

Fo sho! 265 episodes are going to keep me plenty entertained.

Also noticed that the first season of Supernatural on netflix doesn't seem to be in HD :*(

Fo sho! 265 episodes are going to keep me plenty entertained.

Also noticed that the first season of Supernatural on netflix doesn't seem to be in HD :*(

I need to...rewatch it again dont I...

...yeah I want to say the first couple seasons might not be HD. Itll get there tho. Man, this show started in 04/05...its been around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom