• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm watching Africa over again. Man as annoying as the young group of people were Linda and all her mother Africa bullshit was twice as annoying. So glad to see her get the boot.

Hmm, starting to watch Cook Islands, and how gauche is this, they've divided them into tribes of racial identity. Hopefully, the execution overcomes my initial expectations...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
criesofthepast said:
I stopped watching survivor after like season 3 or 4. Have they gone somewhere cold yet? Drop them in the north pole and I'll watch again.

Nobody wants you to watch again.

Okay, I was worried but Yul finding the Hidden Immunity Idol with a great display of logical ability and Billy "love at first sight" Garcia has ensured this will be a good season.

Tim the Wiz said:
Okay, I was worried but Yul finding the Hidden Immunity Idol with a great display of logical ability and Billy "love at first sight" Garcia has ensured this will be a good season.
it gets better:D Yul is my favorite so maybe im biased:lol

BowieZ

Banned
Tim the Wiz said:
Well, I just finished Palau, and I gotta say, Tom is - or, at least, was - a beast. Single-handedly won the tribal immunity challenges against a team of mindless hardbodies (it seemed like the casting director for that season was an adolescent girl; honestly, almost half the people were overly-muscled or overly-blonde hospitality workers and acting-wannabies from California) and completely dominated the individual immunity challenges. Not only a tough guy, but also quite smart - although he lacked strategic acumen, especially when it came to his "alliance". Totally deserved the win.

I mean, the way he torched Bobby Jon - a guy who's clearly super-determined - at every turn, despite being close to twice his age, was awe-inspiring. It's been a couple years now; surely he won't be able to compete in much the same way, right?
No, he won't be able to compete in the same way at all (he's overweight now), but nor should he even if he could... I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to know he'll need to adopt a different strategy. He needs to strike a balance between seeming like he's fit enough to help the Heroes survive to the merge (although the Heroes look fit enough to do so anyway) but not too strong that he's a target post-merge. But he's got a tough job at hand as soon as the Heroes lose immunity...

On a side note, I'm one of the few people it seems who utterly loved the Palau Final 3. That decision (you know which) makes me tear up every time. <3 Yet some people demote it to "stupidity". Eh. Kid had heart.

Tim the Wiz said:
Hmm, starting to watch Cook Islands, and how gauche is this, they've divided them into tribes of racial identity. Hopefully, the execution overcomes my initial expectations...
The finale is great. And yes, there's a way in which the racial division reaches a pay-off. :D

WiaRS

Neo Member
Jennifer Lyon, from Survivor Palau, just died. I believe she is the first Survivor Alumn to pass away. Breast Cancer :( in her thirties.

AnnHog

I can't wait for this. I would love to see Amanda or Cirie win it.

WiaRS said:
Jennifer Lyon, from Survivor Palau, just died. I believe she is the first Survivor Alumn to pass away. Breast Cancer :( in her thirties.
damn :(

BowieZ

Banned
For those who are keen, you can upload special video applications to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/casting_call/ where 10 finalists will be voted on by the public to win a trip to L.A. and an in-person audition with the Survivor 21/22 casting team.

WiaRS said:
Indeed. First castaway to have passed away. <3 Jenn. Immortalized in Survivor forever.

*Prayers and wishes to Ethan, winner of Africa, who is also recovering from cancer*

Galang

Banned
I've been a pretty big Survivor fanatic since the Cook Islands. Watched season 1 & 2 and then pretty much tuned it out until 13. Never missed an episode since the Cook Islands and I'm extremely excited for the new season, actually glad to see Amanda back again. I was routing for her two seasons in a row... so I'm hoping she wins this time. Would be a slap in the face for her to make it to the end again and not win for a third time in a row.:lol

I'm disappointed there's no Yul, Yao-Man or Taj... wouldn't of minded Sierra again either even if just to see her fight with Coach/Tyson. Otherwise I think the list is pretty solid. I'm rooting for Russell, Parvati, Amanda or James to win at this point. Can't stand Randy, Tyson or Coach despite the entertainment value they bring.

I would love to see a season where the cast is made up of only the past Winners/Runner-Ups, they have more than enough people to do that by now.

Galang said:
I would love to see a season where the cast is made up of only the past Winners/Runner-Ups, they have more than enough people to do that by now.

Unfortunately a lot of them would basically have to quit their job to play again. Guys like Yul have too much in terms of their political-ish careers to lose by playing another round of Survivor. You make money from Survivor, but it's hardly "set you up for life" money, especially given the big US tax on game show/gambling winnings.

(A shame Hatch couldn't on on the new season though, had never heard the story of his match smuggling into All-Stars until I checked wikipedia. :lol )

Galang

Banned
Yea, I guess it wouldn't be worth the risk in the end. Hatch would of been definitely interesting to see though!

I also thought it would be interesting to see a season with all the first people voted out, but in that case usually the members who are the physically weakest are voted out first so I'm not sure how that would pan out.:lol

Galang said:
Yea, I guess it wouldn't be worth the risk in the end. Hatch would of been definitely interesting to see though!

I also thought it would be interesting to see a season with all the first people voted out, but in that case usually the members who are the physically weakest are voted out first so I'm not sure how that would pan out.:lol

It would be all seniors and girls with huge tits

Anyone watch the clip show tonight? Was better than I thought it would be. Shame they make it look like Richard is back for the new season. It would be awesome if they kept it secret this whole time that he really was on the show. :lol

I'm pumped for this season after watching Surviving Survivor tonight.

This show is the ultimate energy builder. How can you not be pumped up and not use all your stored energy after seeing an episode. This shit has and always will be inspirational television. I hope this show never dies.

Galang

Banned
VGChampion said:
I almost agree with this. When Jeff quits I quit.

Same for me, I never get tired of this show. They haven't really brought any interesting twists in the last two or three seasons is my only concern.

Excited for the clip show tonight since I missed a fair bit of seasons in the middle.:D

Codeblue

I hope it holds up to last season. The epic comeback of the Foa Foa Four against the Galu like 26 was incredible. Based on past seasons I'm rooting for Russel and Rupert.

xbhaskarx

Codeblue said:
I hope it holds up to last season. The epic comeback of the Foa Foa Four against the Galu like 26 was incredible. Based on past seasons I'm rooting for Russel and Rupert.

Nothing can compare to that comeback, you should probably lower your expectations a bit.

I agree on Russel and Rupert, those are the two I'm rooting for as well.
Also JT and Tom.

cubanb

Banned
I'm rooting for Russell and James. I liked Rupert in the first season, but in allstars he wasn't nearly as cool and whined too much.

Codeblue

I hope the villains don't go after Coach/Tyson because they're from the same season. The entertainment value will severely decrease if that happens.

Codeblue said:
I hope the villains don't go after Coach/Tyson because they're from the same season. The entertainment value will severely decrease if that happens.

Boston Rob and Russel will run over everyone

Codeblue

BigJonsson said:
Boston Rob and Russel will run over everyone

I still don't want Coach to go home before he can tell a few more stories about how he was almost raped by savage natives. I still can't believe he pulled out a lie detector test result at the reunion.

I predict the Heroes dominating this game with the challenges. They have most of the best physical competitors, it almost seems unfair.

They can easily include challenges that require more puzzle solving than flat out physical ability to balance things out. You can almost bank on that being the case.

BowieZ

Banned
Bauer Action Hour said:
They can easily include challenges that require more puzzle solving than flat out physical ability to balance things out. You can almost bank on that being the case.
Note that all the challenges this season will be reconstructions of past seasons' challenges.

Bauer Action Hour said:

yeah but I don't think they're too bad with those either. Amanda, Tom, Colby, and Cirie are all pretty good at those kinds of challenges. Plus the villains are gonna scheme like crazy, they're gonna blind side each other left and right lol

BowieZ

Banned
Well if we've learnt anything, it's that most of the villains would probably be quite content heading into the merge in the minority.

Codeblue

I just watched Surviving Survivor and seeing Russell and Richard in the same room really made me wonder about what could have been. The combination of demoralizing nudity and sock burning probably would have made everyone quit within hours of getting on the island. It's funny that the two greatest players have the same initials.

2DMention

Banned
I'm looking forward to this one too. Should be pretty fun.

I'm rooting for Russel, Rupert, and Amanda

It WOULD be funny to see Amanda make it to the end only to fall on her face again with the jury.

VGChampion said:
I almost agree with this. When Jeff quits I quit.
That was my philosophy as well but the more this show goes on, the more Jeff kind of bothers me. He seems to be mailing it in over the past number of seasons. Honestly, I can't really blame the guy but when you compare him from now to the early stages of the show there's no comparison. Depending on who replaces Jeff (assuming they do), I might stay on board.

Shalashaska said:
That was my philosophy as well but the more this show goes on, the more Jeff kind of bothers me. He seems to be mailing it in over the past number of seasons. Honestly, I can't really blame the guy but when you compare him from now to the early stages of the show there's no comparison. Depending on who replaces Jeff (assuming they do), I might stay on board.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Get out.

BowieZ

Banned
  1. Two days to go!
  2. 10 Survivors from Heroes v Villains to present Top 10 on @Late_Show with David Letterman, Wed 11:35pmET/PT (Rupert Boneham, Colby Donaldson, Cirie Fields, Russell Hantz, Jerri Manthey, Robert Mariano, Parvati Shallow, James "JT" Thomas Jr., Stephenie LaGrossa and Tom Westman)
  3. Jeff and CBS have signed contracts for at least two more seasons (S21, 22)

BowieZ

Banned
TS.jpg

NYSE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom