• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galang

Banned
Woah, completely forgot this was on!! I don't think Amanda will do as well this time and if she does I would hope she doesn't mess up again at the final tribal. One of the few I would like to see win.

Galang

Banned
BigJonsson said:
If Russel finds the idol without clues again.........

Since Jeff said that the production was surprised at how well he could find idols without clues, I guess the idols are better hidden this time. I know the seasons were filmed almost back to back, but guess we'll see..

Parvati and Amanda are really the only females Russell has to be careful with imo. I don't remember if Cirie had any gameplay, I think she only had good intuition if I remember right. He can probably manipulate Sugar very easily when he has the chance.

Preview spoiler:
wtf happens to Rob? If it's that big, why would they spoil it like that in the preview? Why did they only show that? wtf?

ScrabbleDude said:
Preview spoiler:
wtf happens to Rob? If it's that big, why would they spoil it like that in the preview? Why did they only show that? wtf?

Probably took an Ambien - its never as exciting as they make the preview seem.

Yeah, showing that is going to get a lot of people coming back next week but it's also probably useless in the actual show.

I'm sort of sad to see them go with Sugar instead of Cirie. I've never liked her so I was actually excited for a moment when they almost went with getting rid of my least favorite hero. Plus Sugar had some sweet hair season.

xbhaskarx

Just started here on the west coast... WTF you can't hear a single word any of them are saying over the helicopters and the music. :lol

Codeblue

Tyson says one thing all episode and it's the best thing tonight. Glad Sugar is gone, I'm sure Randy will be too. She sucked in Gabon and she sucks now. Right now it seems like Danielle is in a pretty good position to win the game, all she needs to do is ride Russel to the finish.

Also, I didn't think Coach had it in him to drag Colby across the field.

xbhaskarx

My big question is will any of these other folks realize that Russell is pretty much the best Survivor player ever, given that the previous season had not aired yet...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
xbhaskarx said:
My big question is will any of these other folks realize that Russell is pretty much the best Survivor player ever, given that the previous season had not aired yet...

I don't see the love for Russel. He played a brilliant mind game with people, but totally failed the social aspect of the game which is why he lost.

As for the other players. I would imagine in the sense of fair play they would have been able to see some footage of Russel beforehand. And if they didn't it would make sense to kick him off ASAP. He's on the villains team and invited to return before his season even airs. That would raise red flags for me.

Codeblue

People love him because he is good tv. So long as he is on that show and opens his mouth, there will never be a bad episode, same with Tyson and Coach. They are just fun to watch.

TheDuce22

Banned
Pretty sure Russel was so popular because he singlehandedly took down a tribe full of delusional douchbags. It was awesome to watch.

DrForester said:
I don't see the love for Russel. He played a brilliant mind game with people, but totally failed the social aspect of the game which is why he lost.

As for the other players. I would imagine in the sense of fair play they would have been able to see some footage of Russel beforehand. And if they didn't it would make sense to kick him off ASAP. He's on the villains team and invited to return before his season even airs. That would raise red flags for me.
No, he lost because the jury was full of a bunch of morons. Both Eric and Kelly have said they wished they voted differently. He is the greatest player ever.

Why is Candice on the heroes team? I'm completely baffled by this. I think she may have been an alternate.

Also, this is just speculation, but I don't think anyone should count on Russell to win this season. He was pretty desperate to buy the title of "Sole Survivor" from Natalie at the last reunion, so I don't think this season works out the way he would like.

xbhaskarx

DrForester said:

Huh? Russell...
-survived a 4-8 merge.
-found THREE hidden immunity idols with ONE clue (a pic of a rock, and that one was actually the most impressive)
-pretty much every week, whoever Russell wanted to be voted off was voted off

Russell didn't lose because he failed at the social aspect, he lost because they were jealous and swayed by Erik's nonsensical speech. I don't blame Russell, I blame the morons who voted against him in what was the dumbest final vote in Survivor history.

suaveric

MagicJackBauer said:
No, he lost because the jury was full of a bunch of morons. Both Eric and Kelly have said they wished they voted differently. He is the greatest player ever.

Hmm.. where'd they say that at? That sucks for Russel if it's true.

Codeblue said:
They all talked about him like he was some massive force, which confused me since they hadn't seen him play.

I have to think they showed them last season before it aired and before they left so that everyone would know who he is to give everyone a fair chance. The way they were speaking about him was as if they did see his run on the season.

dogonfire

MagicJackBauer said:
Brett also said he wanted Russell to win, but he voted for Natalie. He should have won that season but he has a chance to one-up himself this time.

Anyway I'm happy Sugar was the first out. She ruined Gabon by handing Bob the game on a silver platter for media attention. The first challenge was pure awesome though.
Preview:
WTF? Rob is lying next to a rock, did he trip and fall on it? Did he fake it? I hope he doesn't get pulled out of the game, I want to see the inevitable Russell/Rob power struggle play out.

jey_16

Banned
glad to see Sugar gone....she was so annoying in Gabon. I will be amazed if Russel's strategy works again but i would be happy to be surprised , i thought it would backfire massively last season (i agree about the bitter jury comments though!) Boston Rob has got some moves as well, he is the next big threat

i actually thought i would be supporting the villains but i'm leaning towards the heroes for some reason

So so so so so happy Sugar is gone! Ken gets his revenge a year late! God I hate her.

Dunno who to root for yet. James is always fun to cheer for, but he never seems to have a legit shot at winning. I'm in wait and see mode right now; anyone can win me over.

bill0527

I have this feeling that maybe Sugar wanted to get voted out.

Why in the hell would she be fucking with people on night 1 while everyone was trying to sleep? She also started the crying game a little too early. She also seemed pretty damn happy to be gone during her exit interview. She started out with the obligatory "This sucks", but then turned to pure bliss when she talked about getting some clean clothes on.

Every all star season there seems to be a few people who, after the first day or so out there, just decide that they don't want to do this shit anymore and they either sabotage themselves or quit.

Manics

Banned
xbhaskarx said:

Russell isn't the greatest player ever. He totally sucks ass at the challenges, the only thing he has going for him is the tenacity to find the hidden immunity idols without a clue. When it came down to competing for individual immunity he failed at every single challenge except one at the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom