• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

AmMortal

Banned
AAK said:
:lol

Yikes, a bunch of people quoted me when I said "confirmed for late 2009". People need to fix their sarcasm detectors. I just said that when I heard that BR is gonna be released at the end of 2008 so I thought Namco would play the TTT / T4 card and release the console version nearly a year later after the T5 backlash w/ the Arcade owners.

Take it easy people, it isn't officially late 2009. Just my prediction.

Peace please.

Well, I hope you die of a thousand papercuts!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
After watching some gameplay here, I can safely say that Bloodline Rebellion is the jump-the-shark moment in Tekken, even more so than the fighting panda bear. Ho. Lee. Shit. Hype downgrade am total...

Aggelos

CurseoftheGods said:
Is the PS3 getting T6 Vanilla or BR?

If PS3 was gettin Tekken 6 Vanilla then it would have been out already.
PS3 is surely gettin Tekken 6 BR, that's why you haven't heard a word about Tekken 6 PS3 version. I guess namco is going to make the announcement of it in the forthcoming TGS.

Kai Ozu

Don't know how I feel about all this crazy shit they are putting in this version. But I know one thing for sure, the music that starts 50 seconds in the trailer kicks ass. It sounds like this game is going to have an awesome soundtrack.

Aggelos

Namco's booth report by game-watch

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080919/ambn.htm

Lars looks great! Dragon Ball is "trespassing" the Tekken territory
ambn08.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
tk604.jpg

Unless there's blood splattering on the screen Gears of War style, what's the point? Did Namco forget how to make a good fighter?
tk614.jpg

And did they forget how to make good characters? Itagaki must be saying, "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!" now...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If Namco forgot how to make good fighting games they must be really hurting considering that Tekken 6 is still #1 after both SF IV and VF5 are out in arcades.

EVEN BEAT GUNDAM!

WTF

no one beats gundam!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ビデオゲーム部門

1 位
TEKKEN 6 / / 鉄拳6<バンダイナムコゲームス>
303.2 / pts.

2 位
GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE<アークシステムワークス>
269.4 / pts.

3 位
GUNDAM VS. / / 機動戦士ガンダム ガンダムVS.ガンダム<バンダイナムコゲームス>
254.7 / pts.

4 位
Fate/unlimited codes<カプコン>
201.9 / pts.

5 位
Virtua Fighter 5R<セガ>
183.3 / pts.

6 位
STREET FIGHTER IV <カプコン>
181.5 / pts.

7 位
Arcana Heart 2 // アルカナハート 2<エクサム>
169.8 / pts.

8 位
STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE<カプコン>
121.4 / pts.

9 位
MELTY BLOOD Act Cadenza<エコールソフトウェア>
102.3 / pts.

10 位
GUNDAM SEED DESTINY vs Z.A.F.T // 機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY 連合 vs. Z.A.F.T.�<バンプレスト>
87.9 / pts.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
If Namco forgot how to make good fighting games they must be really hurting considering that Tekken 6 is still #1 after both SF IV and VF5 are out in arcades.

EVEN BEAT GUNDAM!

WTF

no one beats gundam!
People are inherently stupid. How else to explain that? Then again, they're not as stupid as the 'Mericans who voted for Bush twice.

(Don't blame me, I got my voting registration card in 2003, and voted for Kerry the year after that...)

But if the best Namco can come up with is someone who, as Kotaku said, lost a battle with a bottle of hair gel and a weeaboo android girl who sprouts chainsaws from her freaking hands, I have to assume that the Tekken team must have smoked too much Pineapple Express. At this point, I expect these three guys to show up in the next update...

AAK

What makes Goku and mechagirl more ridiculous than a philanthropist alien, a boxing raptor, a psychopathic cyborg, or even an ancient mayan ogre?

& Holy Crap @ Tekken 6's ranking!? Come on Namco, keep up the momentum, just release a tag update next year. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MarkMan said:
ビデオゲーム部門

1 位
TEKKEN 6 / / 鉄拳6<バンダイナムコゲームス>
303.2 / pts.

No wonder there's no console release yet.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
twinturbo2 said:
People are inherently stupid. How else to explain that? Then again, they're not as stupid as the 'Mericans who voted for Bush twice.

(Don't blame me, I got my voting registration card in 2003, and voted for Kerry the year after that...)

But if the best Namco can come up with is someone who, as Kotaku said, lost a battle with a bottle of hair gel and a weeaboo android girl who sprouts chainsaws from her freaking hands, I have to assume that the Tekken team must have smoked too much Pineapple Express. At this point, I expect these three guys to show up in the next update...

Um Tekken has always had wacky characters... don't know why the new ones are considered worse than the other ones.

and you know what? The game is still leagues more popular than VF5 and Street Fighter at this point, despite what that shitty site known as Kotaku says. I don't even play Tekken at all, and even I can respect what Namco has done with the series recently.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Reno said:
Um Tekken has always had wacky characters... don't know why the new ones are considered worse than the other ones.

and you know what? The game is still leagues more popular than VF5 and Street Fighter at this point, despite what that shitty site known as Kotaku says. I don't even play Tekken at all, and even I can respect what Namco has done with the series recently.
I'm aware of that, but did the fighting panda bear have chainsaw hands? No? Thought so. This just reeks of what-the-fuck-were-they-smoking character design. Sure, Alisa may be fun to play with, but in a competitive setting, she'd be banned faster than you can say Yoda.

Anyanka

Why would she be banned? That makes no sense. A character doesn't get banned for being silly and outrageous.

Yoda is banned because he is console specific not because of his crazy moves.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
You know what? I've identified the problem with Alisa. It's the hair. Definitely the hair. Red is okay, pink is okay, but both?

PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Everything I said about the chainsaw hands still stand, though. Fuck this shit, I hope KOF XII doesn't pull this shit on me...

Anyanka said:
Why would she be banned? That makes no sense. A character doesn't get banned for being silly and outrageous.
Are the chainsaw hands blockable?

Anyanka

I'm sure they're either blockable or slow or high or only do like 5 damage or some other weakness. Just like Yoshimitsu's swords. It's not going to be a big deal, relax. More often than not the broken moves in Tekken are like a generic d/f+2 uppercut not some crazy super power.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Anyanka said:
I'm sure they're either blockable or slow or high or only do like 5 damage or some other weakness. Just like Yoshimitsu's swords. It's not going to be a big deal, relax. More often than not the broken moves in Tekken are like a generic d/f+2 uppercut not some crazy super power.
The only way I'll come around to this is if there's blood splatter on the screen everytime I connect with the chainsaw hands. srsly. Tekken is like a Saab, and Alisa is that moment where you first realize that the ignition is on the center console instead of on the steering column, and you go "why is the ignition there?"

LowParry

Heh. Might was well toss out the name Alisa and change it to KOS-MOS. Would make more sense. Vader in Soul Calibur. KOS-MOS in Tekken. It's the Namco way! Anyway. She looks like a lot of fun. Wouldn't make her my main though. I'll stick with Kazuya. And someone commented on wacky characters in Tekken? Late to the party?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
twinturbo2 said:
I'm aware of that, but did the fighting panda bear have chainsaw hands? No? Thought so. This just reeks of what-the-fuck-were-they-smoking character design. Sure, Alisa may be fun to play with, but in a competitive setting, she'd be banned faster than you can say Yoda.

the chainsaw attacks aren't a big deal... you got dudes shooting lasers out of their eyes and high school chicks with wands that turn people's heads into pandas. I don't see what the big deal is... she's a character and she actually seems quite interesting. I personally don't have any interest in playing her -- if I was to ever play T6 I'd main Zafina or Jin -- but for you to even mention competitive playing here is a joke considering how little we know about the way she plays.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Reno said:
the chainsaw attacks aren't a big deal... you got dudes shooting lasers out of their eyes and high school chicks with wands that turn people's heads into pandas. I don't see what the big deal is... she's a character and she actually seems quite interesting. I personally don't have any interest in playing her -- if I was to ever play T6 I'd main Zafina or Jin -- but for you to even mention competitive playing here is a joke considering how little we know about the way she plays.
You may know more about this than me, but I look at the chainsaw attack and the first thing that comes to mind is "cheap gamebreaking weeaboo motherfucker". I hope I'm wrong, but you know what they say about first impressions...
Eiji said:
WOW. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Alisa isn't even that good based on initial impressions.

Her chainsaw attacks are slow and they sure as hell aren't unblockable.

Believe it or not even though each character can do crazy damage in T6, the game is BALANCED.

Namco is doing a great job of keeping game balance in check. I don't doubt this will be the same for future iterations.

Spiegel

EverSoTrendy said:
What's the difference? It's not hurting you if it comes out for the xbox360? Give me a fucking break dude.

The difference is that it's an Arcade/PS3 exclusive for now.

And this is a Tekken 6 thread, not a Tekken 6 speculation port thread

LowParry

Negaiido said:
fixed double fixed

Given Namco's recent track record with "exclusives", I'd say there's a fair chance of Tekken 6 going to the 360 as well. Hell, why not? Namco wants to make some moola right? Worked for Soul Calibur 4. Just don't do all this exclusive character bullshit for each platform. I'm not trolling. I'm just looking outside of the box. I'd still get Tekken 6 for PS3 no matter what.

°°ToMmY°° said:
i think it's referred to the fact that sony always published the tekken series.

1. That's only in Europe apparently.
2. Didn't SCEE also publish a few Ace Combat games?

Either way it'll be a year before most of us get a chance to play the game anyway. =/

zoukka

Lars is ok I guess, though I think he will be quickly forgotten. Way too flashy.

Alicia however looks so bad. Could be from any B-grade animefest and those robot-parts look stupid, appearing and disappearing instantly. They should have made a decent female robot character like Jack.

Also some of the item-moves look too stupid to be even funny. Bryan's minigun looked like a toy.

°°ToMmY°° said:
heh, it's acting as you always do. give us a break, dude.

Are you fucking kidding me dog? I own a PS3 and an Xbox360, it doesn't matter to me either way, but if it did get released on the X360 is would not matter one bit.

EverSoTrendy said:
Are you fucking kidding me dog? I own a PS3 and an Xbox360, it doesn't matter to me either way, but if it did get released on the X360 is would not matter one bit.

lol, just looking at your post history. there's everything i needed to know before answering you.

°°ToMmY°° said:
lol, just looking at your post history. there's everything i needed to know before answering you.

Well alright, but in my post history you would know that I own a Ps3. Obviously you cannot read. Sorry. Not going to argue with a moe.

Top Bottom