• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

LowParry

Fortinbras said:
First review from Germany by Games Aktuell: 83%

The campaign mode obviously sucks.

Hey, it's free items, cg movies (that will probably make no sense again), and...um...stuff.

Chairhome

Not sure if this was posted, but for Amazon:
Use code "5TEKKEN6" for $5 off. Puts the regular editions at $48.99.

Now I don't know where I should pre-order!

DrDogg

MrDenny said:
You will have plenty of choices in Tekken 6, which boast the biggest roster in any of the games in the series with 42 characters.

Does that imply other/boss characters will be playable?
I only see 40 characters on the select screen.

Kuma/Panda and Eddy/Christie

I assume that's where 41 and 42 are coming from.

I will have the PS3 version (and I may buy the 360 version sometime down the line if WCG uses 360 or something), but I will only play online the first month or so. After that I will not play the game online at all.

MrPliskin

Banned
Chairhome said:

Awesome, thanks man. I was holding out, but with this I couldn't resist. Purchase confirmed.

Seiken said:
GT Preview

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-hd-tekken-6/57917?fbid=xrb73s99YQz

EDIT: Motion blur seems sooooo exaggerated... you could turn this off on the PS3 version aye?

I'm totally using that Kenshiro outfit for Law.

I agree about the motion blur. It's too overdone and seems to blur all movement and not just really quick stuff. As it is I plan to keep it off but I'll give it a shot first to see if I end up liking it afterall.

Chairhome said:

Badass. Release day delivery for $6 and no tax = $55 game on day one
and you still get the preorder bonus.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
Badass. Release day delivery for $6 and no tax = $55 game on day one
and you still get the preorder bonus.

Thanks. Just ordered that way. MIdnight releasee wouldn't work for me anyways, since I work that night.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Last Tekken game I played was Tekken 2 and 3, maybe some quick Tag Tournament and some Tekken 5 in the local arcade. I know jackshit about it, don't remember most of the combos, characters, bla bla bla. What can I expect?

I will be doing the preorder tomorrow :lol

LowParry

Relix said:
Last Tekken game I played was Tekken 2 and 3, maybe some quick Tag Tournament and some Tekken 5 in the local arcade. I know jackshit about it, don't remember most of the combos, characters, bla bla bla. What can I expect?

I will be doing the preorder tomorrow :lol

Expect a lot of fun. :D

~Kinggi~

Banned
any word on which version is showing more polish, 360 or ps3? I mean, i have the arcade stick for the 360 so it kinda seems no-brainer.

random news, but this friday Tekken 6 will have its own space in PS3 Home.

also SFIV will as well, but I've checked it out already on JPN Home and have to say it's damn cool.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FindMyFarms said:
Expect Fersis to destroy you. He's cold blooded!
I dont even know how many buttons are!
4 or 6?

Dai Kaiju

Someone mention to me that Amazon sometimes ships games a day or two early. Anybody have any experience with this? I don't think I can wait another week.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's so hard for me to get hype for Tekken... XD I'm hoping that changes once playing it. Coming off Tekken 5 DR on PSP, so much of it looks... so similiar...

But it'll be my first online Tekken, so definitely looking forward to it! Tekken 5 grew on my quite a lot as I played it...

(Asuka helped a lot with that though, plus, y'know... "BRING IT ON, YA ALIENS!")

LowParry

Don't worry man. Going from 5 to 6 are big differences. Other than moves you'll be familiar with, you gotta learn the Bound System. I'm super excited for it. The weekend is going to be so frakin long!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
I dont even know how many buttons are!
4 or 6?
:lol
JustAnotherOtaku said:
You in Europe man? I'm in the UK and would definitely be interested in playing other UK/Euro GAFers. I'm by no means a Tekken expert, but lemmie get reacquainted with Asuka and I'll jump online ;p
Dude that's awesome, add me on PSN and we can play some (hopefully) unlaggy battles when the time comes!

PSN: seikenchan

Dai Kaiju said:
Someone mention to me that Amazon sometimes ships games a day or two early. Anybody have any experience with this? I don't think I can wait another week.

wondering the same since it'd be nice to save and actually get this ahead of the time my Gamestop gets this...

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I'm all for optional install feature. I love it.

In fact that is one of the features that Blazblue PS3 lacked and the load times were annoying due to it.

unomas

Banned
Chairhome said:

Thanks for the code! That brings it down to $38.99 for me after my $10 back for my Brutal Legend pre-order. Sweet! Tekken 6 is more on Amazon on the 360 than PS3???

HiResDes

Anyanka said:
what

Paul's bnb juggles are super easy in this. You won't need any practice. Launch, couple of jabs, f+1+2 bounds and then dash d+4 jf. If you're not confident in d+4 you could just f,f+2:1. If you get the wallsplat run up and d+1,4,2.
I never understand this shit...:lol; Yet somehow I do pretty decent in every fighting game.

Top Bottom