• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

MrDenny

You will have plenty of choices in Tekken 6, which boast the biggest roster in any of the games in the series with 42 characters.

Does that imply other/boss characters will be playable?
I only see 40 characters on the select screen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
Yes, you can turn it off on the PS3. And it's funny how they mention Leo but with no gender say of "he" or "she". :lol
:lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Oh yeah, does anyone know what the poster in the Limited Edition is of? The cover of the game?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Elbrain said:
I would like to know the differences as well, even though I have the 360 Big Stick Edition Pre-ordered already.

Yeah I had my order locked and loaded but didnt know if each version is identical so I am holding off.

haunts said:
Should I get this for 360 or PS3? Any differences?
Alot of the VFDC cats(Me, Shag, Konjou, Cidkid and others)are rocking the PS3 version(I think will have the 360 version a few weeks later)Get the PS3 version, that's were the comp is.

Masamuna

Pre-ordered from Amazon in august. I've never ordered from them before, so with the release date delivery how does the process usually go down with them? Shipping confirm and all that?

I also found it interesting that the GT preview mentioned 42 playable characters and no confirmation of Leo's gender. But then again they didn't mention Lars or Miguel during the new characters segment so its believable that their info is off.

Is the Shinten thing a joke?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
I look forward to playing against GAFers! Stoked!
I look forward to see how shitty the online is :(... pity, I really want to battle some of you guys but you're all in the US.

Yoshichan

MarkMan said:
Damn. Maybe I should put the online podcast portion out sooner... we got 'man downs' already!
MAKE ME A BELIEVER, BABY~~~~~~~~~

Taurus

MMaRsu said:
Gamehubs man! Totally trustworthy website and they only sell region free games :D. Plus you can't beat 35 euro's man.. that's a little more than half of what games cost in stores here
Thanks! Going go to check it out now. I've usually used blahdvd.com, they had T6 for about 43 euros with shipping...

Yoshichan

Jesus, this game is getting advertised EVERYWHERE!

Gametrailes are constantly pumping out "hype-videos", local stores are having posters and gameplay running on their big TV-screens, fucking TAP OUT is holding hands with Tekken 6 (and guess what? Rua vs Machida this UFC event, I bet Tekken 6's going to be mentioned a lot!)

- AND HE'S OUT! THE FIGHT IS OOOOOOOOOVER! That was an amazing fight, brought to you by Tap Out and Tekken 6, a video game that will blow your minds!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ShinobiFist said:
Alot of the VFDC cats(Me, Shag, Konjou, Cidkid and others)are rocking the PS3 version(I think will have the 360 version a few weeks later)Get the PS3 version, that's were the comp is.

yeah and ps3 is tournament standard, even though I doubt ill play this in tournies for a long time. :lol

Yoshichan

CcrooK said:
....dammit. Why must this be out next week? Whyyyyyy........................
So that some people can get the time to train the DUN DUN DUN-timing right, obviously!

Taurus

Ok, stupid question but here goes:

If I order region free NTSC version of Tekken 6 (360), will I be able to play it on European servers? I'm from PAL area.

Thank you for your replies!

Yoshichan

I'm pretty sure no one can answer that question yet :(

GrayFoxPL

RelentlessRolento said:
Don't people realize that it's one of kaz's console costumes? Did anyone watch the 1up game night?

This is what it was all about? Kazuya's "Guyver" suit? :lol

K' I'm back again.

Having doubts on Wang. Will play him, but must have Bryan for online too. Wang has very limited combo play. Legendery Korean Bryan player "Knee" is came back to Tekken after army duty. Can't wait to see his new matches.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Are there any differences between the NA and JP versions that anyone knows about? I had the Japanese version preordered for a while now, but there is still time to change that..

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im a Tekken noob so i was wondering : Training mode with command list confirmed?

Darkman M

I pre ordered the 360 version awhile back at bestbuy for the buy 1 get 50% off sale. When i get a stick for the ps3 i might end up double dipping on this one.

Seiken said:
I look forward to see how shitty the online is :(... pity, I really want to battle some of you guys but you're all in the US.

You in Europe man? I'm in the UK and would definitely be interested in playing other UK/Euro GAFers. I'm by no means a Tekken expert, but lemmie get reacquainted with Asuka and I'll jump online ;p

someone should start a PSN id/XBL gamertag thread in the online forum (I don't want to; It'd feel weird for me - since I made the VF5 one :p)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
BTW not all the VFDC people are going to be rocking PS3. I know Glory will be on 360, probably Slide as well (if he isn't burned out or giving everything up)

Seriously, unless you become a monster at the game, finding comp should be easy on both consoles, even if there is an 80/20 spliit.

This isn't going to be KOFXII.

MrPliskin

Banned
_dementia said:
Anyone going to any midnight launches?
There are a few high-profile games coming out on 10/27 so stores should be doing them.

I don't know if anyone is doing a Midnight launch. I'm ordering off Amazon.com so I can get it release day.

I was reading this OP looking for a full Character List, and this made me laugh:

Slated to come out by the end of 2007

Oh Namco! I'm actually glad the game didn't release in 2007 though, it gave me the much needed break from Tekken, and now going back into it, I'll feel "fresh". Can't wait to dig into the King's.

Edit: Come to think of it...is there a full Character List anywhere?

Top Bottom