• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

LowParry

MMaRsu said:
I don't want to fuel any system wars but how is the performance supposed to be on 360? I just ordered it for 35 euro's including shipping so I can't wait to start playing it :D.

They play the same on both systems.

MMaRsu

Banned
CcrooK said:
They play the same on both systems.

Awesome news :D. God I can't wait to get back into this.. the last time I was REALLY into Tekken was with Tekken II, Tekken III was great as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheShampion said:
Awww man, spoilers!!!

I`m going to pretend there is an ambiguity until I see Leo`s ending CG movie
Hey I could be wrong. When I first saw Eliot from DOA4 I thought there was finally a modestly proportioned female in a Team Ninja game.

LowParry

_dementia said:
Hey I could be wrong. When I first saw Eliot from DOA4 I thought there was finally a modestly proportioned female in a Team Ninja game.

He was the best thing to come from DOA4. His style was slick.

Chairhome

creamsugar said:
Seems there is a new character called 震電.
I see two characters.

*rimshot*

So where is everyone getting their copies? I'm thinking of pre-ordering at gamestop for the CTS. That's the only place to get them, right?

GrayFoxPL

Spoilers incoming, fuck.

I don't even have to read the spoilers to figure out what's going on.

I'm bailing out of the thread.

Chairhome said:
I see two characters.

*rimshot*

So where is everyone getting their copies? I'm thinking of pre-ordering at gamestop for the CTS. That's the only place to get them, right?
I think the CTS costume is a general preorder bonus. Amazon has it too.

LowParry

GrayFoxPL said:
Spoilers incoming, fuck.

I don't even have to read the spoilers to figure out what's going on.

I'm bailing out of the thread.

It's fine. Nothing's being spoiled here. Leo's a woman for crying out loud. :lol

I got my pre-order at GS. I think they may be having a midnight sale to on Monday.

LowParry

Master Thespian said:
Damn, that seems kind of low. What did SFIV and BB get? It's not going to impact my purchase one bit, but if 85 is the going rate, I fear for the n00b purchases.

Fear not!

BlazBlue (PS3/360, Arc System Works): 7, 7, 8, 8 – (30/40)
Street Fighter IV (PS3/360, Capcom): 9, 8, 8, 9 – (34/40)
Melty Blood: Actress Again (PS2, Ecole): 6, 7, 7, 6 – (26/40)
The King of Fighters XII (Xbox 360, SNK Playmore): 7, 8, 7, 7 – (29/40)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2, Sammy): 8, 7, 8, 7 – (30/40)
Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360, Sega): 7 ,8 ,9 ,8 – (32/40)

SFIV and Tekken 6 are -the- flagship titles for fighters. Hands down. Only difference is, Tekken's already putting out their expansion while SSFIV is next year. Good times!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CcrooK said:
Fear not!

SFIV and Tekken 6 are -the- flagship titles for fighters. Hands down. Only difference is, Tekken's already putting out their expansion while SSFIV is next year. Good times!
Famitsu doesnt know anything about fighting games. In fact i dont know why people care about famitsu reviews.

LowParry

Fersis said:
Famitsu doesnt know anything about fighting games. In fact i dont know why people care about famitsu reviews.

All in reference to put away fears of any doubters. Besides, my review of Tekken 6 is 20/10. And I haven't even played the damn game yet. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ken Masters said:
but do they look the same?
Its the prettiest 3D fighting game i ever saw so its a safe bet on both consoles.

CcrooK said:

AWESOME. I'll have to keep this for handy reference if someone wants to argue me down based on scores.

Note to self, Famitsu hates fighting games (did Daigo or NIN rape all of the staff or something? :lol )

LowParry

Ken Masters said:
what's the plan for DLC with this game, is it going to be like SC4 with just costume pack DLCs?

Dunno. Though the word is, any new DLC will be free. But with Namco's track record...yeah...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf at those Famitsu scores? Well, at least that proves that they love T6.

LowParry

Mattlikewhoa said:
Yeah, Scamco...has a interesting history...We'll see how the do DLC once it drops...

At least they didn't go the route with exclusive characters to where you could pay for a key code later on with the content already on the disc.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
CcrooK said:
Can't seem to find them. Oh well. Robot as in large Nancy like robot or Alisa type?
More of an Alisa type if the scan is to be believed. I still don't know if the character in question is an actual robot, though. Just making a guess.

LowParry

twinturbo2 said:
More of an Alisa type if the scan is to be believed. I still don't know if the character in question is an actual robot, though. Just making a guess.

Strange. Wonder why this is coming out now instead of earlier. Namco's secret super something something.

weepy

Which systems are you guys getting it on? I pre-ordered it for the 360 and I'm wondering if the competition will be as fierce as the PS3 version.

Fersis

weepy said:
Which systems are you guys getting it on? I pre-ordered it for the 360 and I'm wondering if the competition will be as fierce as the PS3 version.
PS3 here.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
weepy said:

Unless you're a top Evo player- you'll be able to find comp that can stomp you on both versions. Nothing to worry about. PS3 will be tourney standard no matter what.

Taurus

MMaRsu said:
I don't want to fuel any system wars but how is the performance supposed to be on 360? I just ordered it for 35 euro's including shipping so I can't wait to start playing it :D.
Where did you find it so cheap? :O

Getting the 360 version.

weepy

arstal said:
Unless you're a top Evo player- you'll be able to find comp that can stomp you on both versions. Nothing to worry about. PS3 will be tourney standard no matter what.

What makes you think I'll get stomped ;) Though, it's a given that the PS3 version will be the tourney standard. I think Family Fun (local SoCal arcade) will have that really soon after the game releases.

So far, it seems about even. Honestly, I just wanna play some Gaffers...or kick they're asses, whatever. :D

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Midnight sales you say? There's gotta be a leak around here somewhere....

I'll see if I can pull some strings with my friends at a local shop. If I happen to get an early copy, I'll put up a video showing netcode impressions.

Top Bottom