• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
For SDT podcast show #2, I want to launch another one before next Tuesday. Half will be about online play info and the other will be live interviews from players at an upcoming event... (this weekend), what do you guys think?

Sounds good to me.

The Lone Gamer has nice little write up about vanilla Tekken 6.

http://thelonegamer.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/looking-back-tekken-6-0-aka-vanilla/

Don't know if you guys noticed it, but thanks to T6 hype, DR Online got a shitload of movement! At least in PAL land. People want to train. I'm no different. Didn't really play online before because I had the asian version and as it's region locked so the online from eu had like 3 second lag :lol. Then much later I got the Euro version, but nobody was playing by then. Now afternoon time there's tons of people playing!

It's not that bad. Playable with peeps from neighboring countries. Still there's always input lag that you gotta keep in mind. It's an old netcode, but it's good to train at worse conditions to be better prepared for online in T6, lag will be smaller but it's obvious it will be there.

Switched my main from Bryan to Wang - people have no idea how to play against him, that's how rare he is :lol. It's pretty funny when I outwang their main char and they switch to mash friendly guys like Eddy, Steve or Lili. They lose even worse.
Someone explain me this: Why 3 different oponents in a row switched to Steve when I beat their mains? Is there some kind of false rumour floating that Steve is anti-Wang? :lol
They did so much worse with him. I don't get it.

Lili hate grew even more with me. Such a noob gun. I have no respect for that character. It's not that she's good, it's that her movements exploit the lag really badly it's hard as fuck to block her online. One sweep and blind oki and half 60 points of life gone. Still the bitch doesn't get me often, since I focus twice as hard to beat her to a pulp. Lot's of side stepping and never rolling back and the bitch is toast.

Read some on T6 Wang and analyzed the rare match videos. Man, he got shitload of new moves, he's like a new character. Way weaker juggles comparing to the rest but he's definitely staying as my main.

All of you Lilli users - be ready for a in your face Wang in T6! You'll get no mercy from me. Aiiou! :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Seiken said:
I can't fucking believe how close we are. Funny how I'm not going to pay anything for the game I'm going to play the most this year; there's a Tekken 6 tournament where I live, you get the collectors edition (not the arcade stick-version, the regular limited version) if you win the tournament. I'm that positive I'm going to win so I'm not even going to order the game :lol

You could say I'm going to be butthurt and rage a lot if I loose but this town sucks so the chances are zero!
Such confidence... good luck Seiken-San

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
Such confidence... good luck Seiken-San
Fierce and strong babe! I'll be sure to record the finals :)

LowParry

MarkMan said:
IAMTEKKEN's podcast is good stuff.

Definitely listen in if you wanna learn more about the intricacies of the game :)

---

For SDT podcast show #2, I want to launch another one before next Tuesday. Half will be about online play info and the other will be live interviews from players at an upcoming event... (this weekend), what do you guys think?

More online impressions would be great. More interviews from players is big to. Looking forward to it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GrayFoxPL said:
Even if you lose? ;)

Good luck man, who'll you pick?
I won't lose I'm really sure :lol I'll be picking the Phoenix Smasher. That new bound combo of his is ridiculous.

GrayFoxPL

Seiken said:
I won't lose I'm really sure :lol I'll be picking the Phoenix Smasher. That new bound combo of his is ridiculous.

I'd pick Paul too for a tourny that you have to play on xbox pad (right?). Watch out for lilli scrubs.

Btw. As my Wang would say: "Too much confidence makes me weak and soft." ;)

Yoshichan

GrayFoxPL said:
I'd pick Paul too for a tourny that you have to play on xbox pad (right?). Watch out for lilli scrubs
Huh? This place is going to be PS3 and you can bring whatever controller you want, no restriction :D Paul's been my main since Tekken 2, now in T6 I'm actually switching to Lee but since I want to win the tourny it's better to choose someone I've played with for 10 years and feel confident with :)

EDIT: Oh and if SOMETHING happens (this is my first time playing Tekken 6 after all, who knows) and I lose, I'm going straight back home to rage till I get banned here on GAF. I'm not going to buy the damn game, I don't have any money :(

LowParry

Seiken said:
Huh? This place is going to be PS3 and you can bring whatever controller you want, no restriction :D Paul's been my main since Tekken 2, now in T6 I'm actually switching to Lee but since I want to win the tourny it's better to choose someone I've played with for 10 years and feel confident with :)

EDIT: Oh and if SOMETHING happens (this is my first time playing Tekken 6 after all, who knows) and I lose, I'm going straight back home to rage till I get banned here on GAF. I'm not going to buy the damn game, I don't have any money :(

You should be able to pick up on Paul's bound moves easy. Watch a few videos and you'll get the idea. And as always, the best finisher with him. D 4, 2 ~ 1+2 ftw! That shit is safe too now on blocks! Abuse away!

Yoshichan

CcrooK said:
You should be able to pick up on Paul's bound moves easy. Watch a few videos and you'll get the idea. And as always, the best finisher with him. D 4, 2 ~ 1+2 ftw! That shit is safe too now on blocks! Abuse away!
Aye, but I'm not really sure if I'm going to try any insane bound combos since I don't want any risks of getting fucked :lol I think I'm going to play just as I do in T5: DR, hopefully it's not that much of a difference :)

GrayFoxPL

Seiken said:

Ahh, someone said gamestop on xbox pads touny and I tied it to this somehow.

Pauls good on any ocassion as always. Unless someone often blocks low... D+4 gets punished to hell and back.

What do you mean - going home if something happens? You said you'll record the finals. :D

When playing online I noticed how stress can get into you. Sometimes you'll forget half of the moves and after the lose you talk to yourself "Oh I could do that and this." . I just can't imagine the tourny stress. I don't believe in "no competition" - the biggest oponent is yourself. Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooou!

Yoshichan

GrayFoxPL said:
Pauls good on any ocassion as always. Unless someone often blocks low... D+4 gets punished to hell and back.
Aye, I should keep this in mind. I should play safe and punish instead of risk it and get punished.

GrayFoxPL said:
What do you mean - going home if something happens? You said you'll record the finals. :D
AYE!!! That's the spirit I should be having :D
GrayFoxPL said:
I don't believe in "no competition" - the biggest oponent is yourself. Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooou!
I'm quite confident because back in the days when we had a Tekken 4 tournament, I was dominating the place. Completely raping everyone and everything. But yeah that was years ago, some nerd might've moved in to my town and is probably thinking the same way as I am now :lol

GrayFoxPL

modeps said:
I haven't played Tekken since tag on the PS2... but I'm kind of wanting to play this one.

Jump right in. It's like tag but with way more moves that couse stun and more juggle oportunities.

People who play Tekken since at least 3 or Tag should not feel alienated. Only if someone didn't taste the wall stages, it could take a second to get used to. Then it's home.

Yoshichan

modeps said:
I haven't played Tekken since tag on the PS2... but I'm kind of wanting to play this one.
I'm with GrayFox on this one, if you played Tag you'll still be quite familiar with some move sets. Go for pro!

Yoshichan

Oh and on a side note, I lost the SFIV tournament they had :lol Embarrassing, seeing they were all scrubs. You could say I lost because I was so god damn disappointed by the first test of the game. Lost twice against two Cammy players :lol

EDIT: But at that time I actually had money, so when I lost I kinda just sigh and walked 40 yards to the store and bought a copy of it lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... you havent played Tekken 6... and your last tournament was on Tekken 4.... mhmhmhm
Good luck friend.

Well, I thought I had to go to work today, but apparently I had my days switched up. In light of my glorious day off, I have a random question.

Does anyone play Tekken with guard damage turned on?

Anyanka

CcrooK said:
D 4, 2 ~ 1+2 ftw! That shit is safe too now on blocks! Abuse away!

what

Paul's bnb juggles are super easy in this. You won't need any practice. Launch, couple of jabs, f+1+2 bounds and then dash d+4 jf. If you're not confident in d+4 you could just f,f+2:1. If you get the wallsplat run up and d+1,4,2.

Yoshichan

Fersis said:
So... you havent played Tekken 6... and your last tournament was on Tekken 4.... mhmhmhm
Good luck friend.
Does that mean I haven't been playing T5 with pro buddies around the country :D? Being in a tourny doesn't automatically make my skills better; playing days upon days in Stockholm to train - now that's what makes a better player. So I have experience, don't worry ;)

Also, I have my high doubts that anyone that's participated in the T6 tourny has played T6 before.

Fersis

Seiken said:
Does that mean I haven't been playing T5 with pro buddies around the country :D? Being in a tourny doesn't automatically make my skills better; playing days upon days in Stockholm to train - now that's what makes a better player. So I have experience, don't worry ;)

Also, I have my high doubts that anyone that's participated in the T6 tourny has played T6 before.
Ha i thought that you skipped T5.
Now it make sense. Hope you win so we can play!

Yoshichan

Btw, I heard they made Pauls (not sure if this is correct), D+4,2,1+2 move a lot easier to perform? The timing was super strict in T5 and it seems that it's a part of Pauls bread'n'butter bound combo. True or false? Because I had problems doing it 100% of the times.
Fersis said:
Ha i thought that you skipped T5.
Now it make sense. Hope you win so we can play!
Oh, oh! No, God no, I've probably played T5 more than any other fighter except Tag and 3s.

Aye, hopefully online play is good :(...

Anyanka

Seiken said:
Btw, I heard they made Pauls (not sure if this is correct), D+4,2,1+2 move a lot easier to perform? The timing was super strict in T5 and it seems that it's a part of Pauls bread'n'butter bound combo. True or false? Because I had problems doing it 100% of the times.

False. It seems exactly the same to me. It hasn't been hard since T4, if you have trouble with it most likely the problem is you're actually trying too hard and going too slow.

Do you know about the "We Will Rock You" method?

Yoshichan

Anyanka said:
False. It seems exactly the same to me. It hasn't been hard since T4, if you have trouble with it most likely the problem is you're actually trying too hard and going too slow.
Fucking fuck, well there goes that shit. I swear I only get it 20% of the times in T5: DR and I've had like 1000 hours of practice in T5 or something. God damn it.

Anyanka said:
Do you know about the "We Will Rock You" method?
No what is it?

Yoshichan

Anyanka said:
The beat, the "dun dun DUN" is the right timing. Seriously it works.
WAIT, ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? :lol :lol

I'm going to try this RIGHT NOW, please don't tell me you're kidding! BRB!

GrayFoxPL

Seiken said:
Oh and on a side note, I lost the SFIV tournament they had :lol Embarrassing, seeing they were all scrubs. You could say I lost because I was so god damn disappointed by the first test of the game. Lost twice against two Cammy players :lol

EDIT: But at that time I actually had money, so when I lost I kinda just sigh and walked 40 yards to the store and bought a copy of it lol.

I wouldn't win SFIV tournament even if my oponnents were limbless infants playing on a broken 360 pads.

abstract alien said:
Does anyone play Tekken with guard damage turned on?

I don't think anyone in the last 15 years. (And before that there was no Tekken.)

LowParry

Now that I think of it, I hope they add in later some of the old costumes as DLC. They did it with SC4. For example Ling's outfits from 4. Or Kaz's 2P costume from 4. That shit was hot.

Yoshichan

Dude, DUDE, ANYANKA! SEND ME YOUR FUCKING PAYPAL OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON, IF IT'S MY IMAGINATION OR SOMETHING BUT IT WORKS!

It fucking works, this is ridiculous. How come no one's said that to me of all the thousands of hours I've failed doing it with my buddies? Bastards were just scared that if they told me I'd woop their asses even more.

Jesus Christ Almighty. I'm going to woop some Tekken 6 ass.

Yoshichan

CcrooK said:
The more you do it, the more you'll develop muscle memory. Then it just becomes natural.
I've been thinking of the same "not-working"-timing since the launch of Tekken 5. I still can't believe I never considered it as a problem (when I failed doing it, I always thought, eh what the heck). Now for the main question, do I try performing this basic yet awesome string in the tourny or do I go for a T5: DR-based Paul?

Arghhhhhhh!

GrayFoxPL

CcrooK said:
Now that I think of it, I hope they add in later some of the old costumes as DLC. They did it with SC4. For example Ling's outfits from 4. Or Kaz's 2P costume from 4. That shit was hot.

Yeah, but I doubt they will. I still think T4 had the best outfits in the series.

In T5 and later they went back to the old T3 and Tag styles wich imo was a retarded decision since they look so damn outdated.

I mean, who thinks that Kazuya's "Dracula suit" doesn't look ridicilous already? And now Jin wears it. *facepalm* They look like fucking butlers.

For Jin, I want the T3 2P outfit. It would look so good in new graphics engine.

Anyanka

The best part about that move in 6 is that the full thing hits against the wall. qcb+2 or whatever mid and d+4 jf is scary stuff.

Paul is very good in this game.

LowParry

Seiken said:
I've been thinking of the same "not-working"-timing since the launch of Tekken 5. I still can't believe I never considered it as a problem (when I failed doing it, I always thought, eh what the heck). Now for the main question, do I try performing this basic yet awesome string in the tourny or do I go for a T5: DR-based Paul?

Arghhhhhhh!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HongKongTekken#p/u/23/wnLOK541wwc

Not the best Paul, but the best stage. Should give ya the idea. :D

LowParry

Who cares about blur or none blur. Pick the version that most of your friends are playing on. Graphically they are both the same.

Yoshichan

No chance I'm having motion blur on. Looks like a technical mess.

LowParry

Seiken said:
No chance I'm having motion blur on. Looks like a technical mess.

It looks a lot better than you think. And...I thought there was no option to turn it off on the PS3 version? Maybe I read that wrong.

Yoshichan

CcrooK said:
It looks a lot better than you think. And...I thought there was no option to turn it off on the PS3 version? Maybe I read that wrong.
O_O No way.

GrayFoxPL

CcrooK said:
I dunno. :lol Watch that vid between blur and no blur. There's nothing different other than a blur. They look the same.

My pc to shit to play it, but it showed me the first frame. There are lot more jaggies on blur side.

Anyanka said:
You can turn it off on PS3.

Good to hear.

I'd like to have 3 levels of blur as an option. I think now it's too strong.

Right now I'm not a big fan of motion blur but that can change fast when I get to play with it.

CcrooK said:
Ah, here's what I read now that found it:

"Removing the motion blur filter frees up a lot of resources, and Namco has chosen to deploy these in two different ways on each console. Xbox 360 gets an enormous resolution boost to 1365x768, while the PS3 gets 2x multi-sampling anti-aliasing."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken6-resolution-game-blog-post
that's what the 360 version of SCIV ran at too, right?

So, what time is the official thread going up today?

Top Bottom