• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Is there a good list out there of changes since Tekken 5? Not so much individual breakdowns but majors changes. I was sold on the game a while back but watching videos recently it's kinda hard to tell....

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Wow. Someone over at TZ in their online forums is claiming Tekken's netcode is equivalent to BB's.

I don't know if that would be possible given how it kinda strains both systems , and BB doesn't strain either.

I'd sacrifice some graphical quality for better netcode, but that's just me.

Caj814

arstal said:
Wow. Someone over at TZ in their online forums is claiming Tekken's netcode is equivalent to BB's.

I don't know if that would be possible given how it kinda strains both systems , and BB doesn't strain either.

I'd sacrifice some graphical quality for better netcode, but that's just me.

Some random 2009 poster or someone very credible?

LowParry

I call the TZ post bogus. BB is a 2D fighter for crying out loud. Unless Namco has some magic midgets, then color me impressed. I'm still staying on the "it will be good as SFIV netcode" bandwagon.

CcrooK said:
I call the TZ post bogus. BB is a 2D fighter for crying out loud. Unless Namco has some magic midgets, then color me impressed. I'm still staying on the "it will be good as SFIV netcode" bandwagon.
What the fuck does graphics have to do with anything? Inputs are inputs.

LowParry

_dementia said:
What the fuck does graphics have to do with anything? Inputs are inputs.

Uh...I would think they'd have a lot to do with it. You're dealing with an 3D engine vs a 2D engine. C'mon think about it.

Edit: An example would be (from my perspective) is Dawn of War 2. When people have their settings so high, it lags the game. So I sort of view it in that way because of the visuals that lag the gameplay.

The lag when the settings is high is because the machine itself can't handle the game. I don't think Namco would program Tekken 6 so that the PS3 lags because it can't handle the game.

Still doubtful with netcode but we'll see.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shikashi said:
Did Dark Resurrection suck, or...?
Yes, but the best Tekken
tie with Tekken Tag
if you take online away.

Arde5643

Anyone knows if Law's considered any good in T6?

Played Law ever since T1 through T4 (didn't play Tekken after T4).
He's definitely more interesting in T4 than his previous iterations, although I didn't play T4 too much since Jin was too cheap then.

LowParry

arstal said:
Would you say balance overall is equivalent to VF? How disadvantaged is the bottom tier in SF terms?

People say Yoshi and Zafina are the bottom two. But in the right hands, they could be pretty deadly. That's how balanced T6 is. Tiers are going to change a bit over the next couple of months I figure with the console release.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There is no chance this game will be as balanced as VF4:Evo

LowParry

Seiken said:
There is no chance this game will be as balanced as VF4:Evo

I think it may. But than again, there may be one of two of those overpowered characters. But what fighter doesn't have that. Damn coming close to a week till release.

Yoshichan

CcrooK said:
I think it may. But than again, there may be one of two of those overpowered characters. But what fighter doesn't have that. Damn coming close to a week till release.
I can't fucking believe how close we are. Funny how I'm not going to pay anything for the game I'm going to play the most this year; there's a Tekken 6 tournament where I live, you get the collectors edition (not the arcade stick-version, the regular limited version) if you win the tournament. I'm that positive I'm going to win so I'm not even going to order the game :lol

You could say I'm going to be butthurt and rage a lot if I loose but this town sucks so the chances are zero!

LowParry

I suppose there's talks of another Gamestop tourny. Though haven't heard of any details yet. Xbox. Xbox controller. What a shitty way to go on about playing it that way. Though playing Paul shouldn't be too shabby. Guess more will get told later on. MM knows something.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MarkMan said:
Law is TOP tier.. Definitely a top 3 character IMO.

Really? Law was my old school Tekken character. I used to really like Jun too, but they took her out. Then switched to Jin, then switched to Asuka. =x

In other words, no clue who to try and "main" anymore. :lol

KaYotiX

Banned
Ive always loved King since the first Tekken when i played it in the Arcades way back when :D Im also glad my SF4 Tournament stick is gonna get more love from another fighter.

DR2K

Banned
CcrooK said:
People say Yoshi and Zafina are the bottom two. But in the right hands, they could be pretty deadly. That's how balanced T6 is. Tiers are going to change a bit over the next couple of months I figure with the console release.

Not really. This game is already widely played by all the top players around the world.

entremet

I've always cycled through Yoshi, Paul, the Mishima clan, King and Jack whatever version he's called now. Looking to adopt some new blood, probably Steve.

I'm new to this thread and I was wondering if the PS3 version is arcade perfect? My understanding is that the arcade hardware is essentially a PS3 so if that's true it should be.

Thanks if you can help.

LowParry

Bearillusion said:
I'm new to this thread and I was wondering if the PS3 version is arcade perfect? My understanding is that the arcade hardware is essentially a PS3 so if that's true it should be.

Thanks if you can help.

Better than the arcade :D

Oh, do any of you listen to MYK's podcast? Fun to listen to.

CcrooK said:
Better than the arcade :D

Oh, do any of you listen to MYK's podcast? Fun to listen to.

Better than the arcade? Is that because of the extras or does it actually have improved graphics or something? Also, is anyone having a midnight sale for this game?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
IAMTEKKEN's podcast is good stuff.

Definitely listen in if you wanna learn more about the intricacies of the game :)

---

For SDT podcast show #2, I want to launch another one before next Tuesday. Half will be about online play info and the other will be live interviews from players at an upcoming event... (this weekend), what do you guys think?

Rhazer Fusion said:
Better than the arcade? Is that because of the extras or does it actually have improved graphics or something? Also, is anyone having a midnight sale for this game?
they got rid of some slowdown iirc

Top Bottom