• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Aggelos said:
Namco's booth report by game-watch

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080919/ambn.htm

Lars looks great! Dragon Ball is "trespassing" the Tekken territory
ambn08.jpg
Dragonball Z is a good thing to happen.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Dali said:
Are you suggesting the DS may get a terrible, watered-down, version of Tekken 6? Interesting.

I actually liked T:A

I could do all my T3 Hwoarang combos so that = instant win.

Spiegel

CcrooK said:
Given Namco's recent track record with "exclusives", I'd say there's a fair chance of Tekken 6 going to the 360 as well. Hell, why not? Namco wants to make some moola right? Worked for Soul Calibur 4. Just don't do all this exclusive character bullshit for each platform. I'm not trolling. I'm just looking outside of the box. I'd still get Tekken 6 for PS3 no matter what.

Where are Ace Combat 6, Idolmaster, Beautiful Katamary and Tales of Vesperia PS3?

Bandai-Namco makes exclusives

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
http://sdtekken.com/2008/10/07/tekken-6-not-coming-to-ps3-but-bloodline-rebellion-is/

TEKKEN 6 Not Coming To PS3! But Bloodline Rebellion Is!

October 7, 2008

Namco Bandai held a special press conference yesterday (just a few days before Tokyo Game Show), where they went over new and upcoming titles and other special announcements. One of the announcements was that Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion will be heading to the PLAYSTATION 3 (no word when) and will have MORE content than the arcade version (big surprise!)… IGN was at the event and mentioned in their latest podcast that the PS3 will NOT be getting the regular version of Tekken 6, which was released late 2007 in arcades. More news as we get it!

Aggelos

That was obvious.
Tekken 6 would not come on PS3, after the revelation of T6BR.
With T6BR, Tekken 6 Vanilla is rather obsolete, and it would have been utter stupidity for namco to announce Tekken 6 PS3 version.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rad. I wonder when they will end up releasing it considering how many new fighting games are coming out next year.

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
http://sdtekken.com/2008/10/07/tekken-6-not-coming-to-ps3-but-bloodline-rebellion-is/

October 7, 2008

Namco Bandai held a special press conference yesterday (just a few days before Tokyo Game Show), where they went over new and upcoming titles and other special announcements. One of the announcements was that Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion will be heading to the PLAYSTATION 3 (no word when) and will have MORE content than the arcade version (big surprise!)… IGN was at the event and mentioned in their latest podcast that the PS3 will NOT be getting the regular version of Tekken 6, which was released late 2007 in arcades. More news as we get it!

Yeaah!

*Throws MarkMan up in the air

*9xEWGF

:D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:

October 7, 2008

PS3 purchase justified. Thanks, brah. PM me if you still have room on your PSN friends list. :D

Yeah, yeah, LittleBigPlanet justified my PS3 purchase, too...

Linkhero1

Ok so they have it at SF State now and I checked it out. Am I the only one who thinks the village stage looks too similar to the village from RE4?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Which village stage? The cemetary?

SF state has it good! .75 !

Here in San Diego it's $1.50 2 out of 3 rounds!

Linkhero1

MarkMan said:

I'm not sure, I was just watching. It closely resembled RE4 village though.

Yeah .75 ftw! :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MarkMan said:

Holy crap, and I thought 75 cents was a lot..

Yeah I played it a bit at State when they got it the other day. It's a fun game but I am not good at it honestly. I like Kazuya and Steve but I dont really get the fundamentals of the game. I do like the card reader system though. Makes me want to play it just to have my own character. haha.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I wish a local arcade near me had the cash to import a BR cab or two. I'm happy that one arcade near me has a Sega Rally 2 twin cab, nevermind that the wheels are busted, making the game unplayable.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SOCAL has two arcades about 5 mins apart that have T6 for .25 (the other for .50... but it's going to .25 soon!)

Vid94 has both SFIV and T6 for a quarter each!

MADNESS

I should just drive up there and play.

Linkhero1

MarkMan said:
SOCAL has two arcades about 5 mins apart that have T6 for .25 (the other for .50... but it's going to .25 soon!)

Vid94 has both SFIV and T6 for a quarter each!

MADNESS

I should just drive up there and play.
I wish SFIV was .25 here :(

Hunahan

Banned
New Developer Interview (conducted at TGS)

Focusses on the home version.

Says they're trying to come up with a new way to play online (beyond standard 2x2 versus), looking to make this the biggest Tekken ever on consoles (in terms of content), won't reveal all of their plans for content yet.

Uncertain about a release date? Seems odd after the TGS trailer said Fall 09. You would think he would have just gone with that for an answer.

Maybe it will be pushed forward a bit. Or maybe it just means uncertain as to when in Fall.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looks like Namco needs a character design lesson...
SNK could teach them. :D

AAK

Hunahan said:
New Developer Interview (conducted at TGS)

Focusses on the home version.

Says they're trying to come up with a new way to play online (beyond standard 2x2 versus), looking to make this the biggest Tekken ever on consoles (in terms of content), won't reveal all of their plans for content yet.

Uncertain about a release date? Seems odd after the TGS trailer said Fall 09. You would think he would have just gone with that for an answer.

Maybe it will be pushed forward a bit. Or maybe it just means uncertain as to when in Fall.

Oh MAN. Is Gametrailers serious???? That was the most fanboy provoking interview I've ever seen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AAK said:
Oh MAN. Is Gametrailers serious???? That was the most fanboy provoking interview I've ever seen.
That was disgusting. Worst interview ever.

Hunahan

Banned
lol yeah. That's why I didn't even bother summarizing the console war bullshit. Tried to spare ya'll the pain.

I also love this question:

"What have you guys learned from watching successes and failures of all of the fighting games that have come before Tekken this generation… Soulcalibur, Street Fighter IV, what have you really learned from their mistakes over the last couple of years thats going to help you guys make Tekken a better game?"

Ok question, I guess. Except, you know, Soulcalibur and Street Fighter came out after Tekken 6. Other than that....

Oh well. It's Gametrailers. What did you expect.

In many ways, Gametrailers always strikes me as a collection of individuals that haven't been following the game industry for very long. They really do completely miss the point quite often, and always seem to get far too wrapped up in hype and drama.

They still have good video feeds, I guess.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
In addition to online ranking.

Online Clans/Teams and ranking.

Make it happen Namco.

Bring Tekken Net over faithfully to consoles.

Hunahan

Banned
If I had one request, it would be the return of Team Battle.

I will never, ever, understand why this feature has been cut. It's totally my favorite mode with the friends.

Hunahan said:
If I had one request, it would be the return of Team Battle.

I will never, ever, understand why this feature has been cut. It's totally my favorite mode with the friends.
Yeah what the hell? It was it cut from Soul Calibur also.

Top Bottom