• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Oh Mr.Smith, you cheeky bastard. You turned back a page, then back again with no weights in sight, then suggested Norm should do the weights in that situation.

Gomu Gomu

You know the poor kid, who comes to the candy store and looks at all the candy from the store's glass display, wishing he could get in and eat them? I'm just like that kid. And those GIFs are the glass display.

Don't have a CC, or any means to pay online at the moment :(.

If Will is concerned about LEGO because of (a) the expense and (b) having the space to display stuff, he should just disassemble the stuff after he's built it, tuck it away and then sell it after it goes OOP for a tidy profit. Both problems solved!

I'm getting more respect for the design of the deathstar. The fact that the compacter had to be closed via a mechanism adds so much to the experience.

lolololololololololol ! :D

34821-tested_star_destroyer.jpg

ow btw GIFS of the day are delayed a little because I'm not feeling so well today so I'll do them tomorrow (thanks for understanding all)

willsmith

This is probably Will's most cheating episode, which is why he got caught. Needs to be less greedy.

I haven't watched this one yet, but I curled on every page turn. It isn't my fault that norm did 2x curls because he can't follow instructions.

Darklord

Banned
How the hell do I get a Super Star Destroyer in Australia without paying $700? So lame. Might as well pay someone to steal Norms for that price.

Aaron

I haven't watched this one yet, but I curled on every page turn. It isn't my fault that norm did 2x curls because he can't follow instructions.
In your defense, norm getting the added weight from a few pieces stuck together was bullshit.

I am jealous of whiskey media types.

What are you doing today?

Looking at gadgets from next year and then building a super star destroyer.

Because of this damn series, I have now bought three Lego sets, and a Whiskey Media subscription. You guys are bastards.

I also like to think that this series has sold more subscriptions then Giant Bomb did this month.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Noop. Will and Norm you guys are wrong about the minifigs.

Will: You only put 2 storm troop helms on (page 210) before the last pag. The last last page is the first page to show the minifigs on but it doesn't tell you where to put them.

Norm: You put that little mini star destroyer on the last page and the minifigs don't go on at all.

Majine

Banned
The more I see of these sets elsewhere, the more certain I am Norm is going to be at a disadvantage later on. There are so much small fine details to be done.

f0rk

When Will said "lets do this" and then unzipped his hoodie trying to be dramatic to reveal ANOTHER Star Wars shirt I cringed all the way off my chair.

When Will said "lets do this" and then unzipped his hoodie trying to be dramatic to reveal ANOTHER Star Wars shirt I cringed all the way off my chair.

Did you know will spent more more on tshirts than on the actual Lego set? *does the will nod, eyebrow, grin thing*

obonicus

The judge should have ruled a time penalty for Will for the cannon shenanigans. Or let Norm toss a Volleyball at his table.

Yeah, seriously who is manning the camera for these videos? Whenever something happens it takes way too long for them to pan across or cut to a different cam.

I just imagine Vinny in the control room with a big meatball sub and every time something happens he has to rummage around for a napkin to wipe the sauce of his fingers before flipping a switch.

The more I see of these sets elsewhere, the more certain I am Norm is going to be at a disadvantage later on. There are so much small fine details to be done.

Yeah, the more I look into it, Will's is something you play with, Norm's is something you display.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hardest part of the SSD is probably the engine cores. The detailed top center area isn't as hard as it looks, and the two top panels for the main hull are pretty simple.

FYI: Batgirl on the Batman TV series was played by Yvonne Craig:

xWDFr.jpg

She was also the famous sexy green alien on Star Trek:

Ugxzo.jpg

Slow your roll though, she is 74.

Not that it matters but minifigs asside I don't think Will should be allowed to weigh pieces that he's built but are not attached to the main superstructure yet. He's just piling semi-completed stuff on top.

Not that it matters but minifigs asside I don't think Will should be allowed to weigh pieces that he's built but are not attached to the main superstructure yet. He's just piling semi-completed stuff on top.

I hate to defend will (team Norm obvi) but Norm was doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom