• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got it backwards. DEE cal is correct. He said de CAL.

Something. I dunno. Will says it funny.

However, you have a British accent, you're supposed to say certain things funny. Will has no excuse.

Also, after watching you build a tie fighter, you get real American when saying "I got it" three times fast.
Can't live here for 16 years without picking some of that stuff up.

Question for you foreigners: if you're talking about 500 grams are you going to say "half a kilo"?

It just sounds wrong.

Edit: will doesn't know what home stretch means.

Great episode in general please have more conversations next time.

So I thought this was a slow episode for gifs UNTIL THE END !!! OMG sooo much potential :D
Feast your eyes on these ^^

GIFS OF THE DAY:

tested_willship10bsx7s.gif

tested_normship23v15ncae.gif

tested_normship23v4v6ct6.gif

tested_normship23v366cjr.gif

tested_normship24enfdx.gif

tested_normship25hufiv.gif

Question for you foreigners: if you're talking about 500 grams are you going to say "half a kilo"?
It just sounds wrong.
Yes but we say it that way 100% correct and for us that totally sounds normal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
definitely prefer the appearance of the finished SSD, but the Death Star looks way more fun to build. SSD is all abstract structural pieces, whereas with the Death Star each little section is an elevator, or a laser turret, or something else recognisable

I think thats why I liked the VW camper and am looking forward to the modular buildings - every few pages you're like 'oh, thats the gear lever', or 'thats really clever how they use that brick to make a window ledge'

Chuck

Still without luck
If they wanted to make it a real competition, they would have had to build the same thing, but it would likely be less interesting to watch. Though they could have done that if they did more challenges and road blocks and whatever else to slow each other's builds and we would get more of an idea of who is actually ahead.

willsmith

I hate to be that guy, but Will got Zuckuss and 4-LOM backwards.

True story, Kenner got the names wrong on the action figures for Zuckuss and 4-LOM... They were reversed. To me, 4-LOM will always be the methane breather, and Zuckuss will always be the bug-eyed robot.

True story, Kenner got the names wrong on the action figures for Zuckuss and 4-LOM... They were reversed. To me, 4-LOM will always be the methane breather, and Zuckuss will always be the bug-eyed robot.

Yep I knew that, I bought an exclusive boxset at Celebration V where they had them the wrong way again (purposely).

CelVHas2PkFront.jpg

Majine

Banned
I guess the differences between the sets are starting to show now as Will pulls ahead. His set is a toy, Norms' is a statue.

MrDaravon

I never really had Legos as a child (we were poor and Legos are/were expensive generally). But I love Legos and Star Wars, and this series has been incredibly entertaining. I'm almost caught up on episodes now, and I couldn't help myself any longer today:

fQ8bP.jpg

When they hit their mid-life crisis, some men buy fast cars. I apparently buy Star Wars Legos. I both love and hate you Will/Norm/Gary.

The V-Wing was on sale for $15 and the little one was like $4; I figured this would be an easy entry and to see how serious I actually want to get about this.

zam

Every episode now I'm hoping/wishing Gary will come in with his X-wing and fly it around going "pew pew" "whoosh" and then just walk out.

Also Ryan Davis should pop in more often.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
"oh hey Norm, you should totally get a penalty for your SSD sticking out over the table"

later in episode, practically crawls under Norms desk to retrieve a dropped piece :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
All I said is that if someone more famous had been in the lead, Firefly would have had a better chance to survive. I think that Fillion was awesome in the role, and perfect for it.
Why is Castle doing so well then? The lead actors haven't done anything big enough to warrant 10-11 million viewers.

The issue is sci-fi and the way Fox aired the damn episodes:

2-3-6-7-8-4-5-9-10-14-1
6-8 months later: 11-12-13

I guess a huge celeb could have saved it from Fox's crap, but Fillion was perfect for the role like you said.

I think Fox not being stupid on the episode airing is a more important history change than looking at Fillion's casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom