• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if there are any fellow Irish "Bricked" viewers, but there is a smallish Lego sale going on at Argos Ireland. The below are the ones with a decent price reduction...you can pick them up (if you local has stock)

PBnKy.jpg

LEGO Disney Pixar Cars 2 Big Bentley Bust Out - €47.99

ArDgh.jpg

LEGO Star Wars Republic Frigate - €79.99

dG8me.jpg

LEGO Star Wars Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers - €57.99

rCEIP.jpg

LEGO Star Wars T-6 Jedi Shuttle - €39.99

EZfFk.jpg

LEGO Star Wars Naboo Starfighter - €32.99

I am close to getting a Republic Frigate - that is probably the cheapest I will ever see it.

edit - looks like Argous UK have a similar deal going on the same products, although the price cuts are not as big. There are vouchers available off you next purchase though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just made a purchase.
wVjWL.jpg

/trollface. But, real talk, I love Star Trek and probably would buy this if it's still in production and doesn't have a stupid premium price. Norm backfire?

Xater

Just made a purchase.
wVjWL.jpg

/trollface. But, real talk, I love Star Trek and probably would buy this if it's still in production and doesn't have a stupid premium price. Norm backfire?

For some reason the Mega Bloks stuff always looks of lower quality. by that I mean the material and the actual build.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
For some reason the Mega Bloks stuff always looks of lower quality. by that I mean the material and the actual build.
I agree.

Looks like I could buy it new from some random place for 224$ on Amazon. That's not gonna happen.

But, Star Trek is Star Trek tho. And I'd gladly test Mega Bloks out with something Star Trek.

Xater

I agree.

Looks like I could buy it new from some random place for 224$ on Amazon. That's not gonna happen.

But, Star Trek is Star Trek tho. And I'd gladly test Mega Bloks out with something Star Trek.

I am sure there are people who created build for Star Trek including a manual. All you would need is the right bricks.

Edit:

I just did some googling and found This Enterprise D with instructions.

vXagw.jpg

Link: http://web.me.com/happywaffle/Legoprise/Home.html

I also think these mini models are kinda awesome.

Z9zW0.jpg
3CmmQ.jpg

Way more here with instructions: http://st.deckdesigns.de/minis.htm

willsmith

Honestly, looking at that box, I think the problem is that their photography is awful. The podracer that Jeff built during Happy Hour was mega-bloks, and it looked fine.

We should have a contest to design them a better box for their Trek stuff. If you think packaging doesn't matter, compare to the TIE fighter and X-wing boxes.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Honestly, looking at that box, I think the problem is that their photography is awful. The podracer that Jeff built during Happy Hour was mega-bloks, and it looked fine.

you need to get that captain picard minifig put it into your death star and use it to mock chan

That Enterprise looks like it has too many custom pieces (even though I only really see two, but for some reason it doesn't have that crafty appearance of a Lego set that is designed with mostly generic pieces), those transparent pieces look cheap as fuck and that light gray that is used for most of the pieces just looks off. It's a nasty looking thing.

Star Wars is basically Hidden Fortress with the Dam Busters action sequences.

Seriously, go watch the Dam Busters, the trench run is directly ripped off of that. Even has people telling the bombers to keep it steady as they are making their bombing runs.

No_Style

I'm a day behind. That C3PO challenge is amazing.

I'm loving this "Endurance Run". It's the first Whiskey Media ER that I'm watching until the end.

Premium Membership justified!

don't worry. I bet some rubberbanding will go down in challenges ;P

They should do 1 eps with no contacts or glasses. And spend the next eps fixing up their errors ;)

Norfair

I was thinking that for a challenge they could both get a smaller kit they have to build, and the half hour timer starts when the first person finishes the smaller kit.

I was thinking that for a challenge they could both get a smaller kit they have to build, and the half hour timer starts when the first person finishes the smaller kit.

They need a challenge that will help Norm make up some ground. Like for every page you turn you have to do 5 sit-ups. Will would probably just spend that round sorting. :D

Finally pulled the trigger on a piece....

rWoIt.jpg

Gonna build tonight!

Did not expect to buy a Clone Wars piece, but it looked kinda cool, and was the best available at the store (loads of sell outs).

389 pieces! I am happy, since I never built Lego ever before.

MrDaravon

Yeah, so I posted this in the main Lego thread, but my Lego purchases went from zero in the last twenty years to out of control thanks to this series, god damn it guys!

VVgpe.jpg

Also is the Blockade Runner you talked about building in the last episode the Tantive IV Will? I just bought that one as well, should be here tomorrow. God damn it.

zam

"Decigrams"? I've lived in Europe for 20 years and have never heard anyone say that. It's either grams, hektos or kilos (or kilograms).

zam

I guess it's just weird because in my physics and engineering courses we never say "kilos"... and since we're in 'Merica.
In everyday speaking we mostly say kilos ("A kilo of sugar" etc), in a science setting such as a classroom it's almost always kilograms.

But decigrams? Never heard it, even though decimeters are commonly used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom