• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spoony Experiment

New review! With The Spoony One out of the picture due to the teleporter malfunction in the FFX review, Dr. Insano takes up the reviewing reins with The Dungeonmaster, a 1980s sci-fi flick that has nothing to do with Dungeons & Dragons!
The Insano Experiment: The Dungeonmaster

Also some miscellaneous stuff...
- Spoony will be at MAGFest this week, here's his schedule.
- Guru Larry's Games Yanks Can't Wank - Don't Buy This: Five of the Worst Games Ever overview. (Sponsored by Spoony's Ice Cream)
- And for something completely different:
Experience BIJ #1
Experience BIJ #2

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, shame really. NC can be quite funny, though I will admit he can get a bit grating at times. Still, more often that not, he's funny.

You know what's sadder? This board loves Yahtzee while completely ignores Ashens. Shame, GAF, shame.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ookami-kun said:
You know what's sadder? This board loves Yahtzee while completely ignores Ashens. Shame, GAF, shame.

I've been a devoted Ashens watcher for quite some time now. He's awesome.

Though you can't really say GAF COMPLETELY ignores him. The first place I heard about him was in a thread here on GAF.

Just a short video today, direct from the BLAGOLE, a little over two minutes long:
Pumpkinhead...AGAIN?

It's the alternate ending to the Pumpkinhead game. Liked the post-credits joke.

So basically, in the "good" ending for the Pumpkinhead game, the developers metaphorically flip off the player. "Hey we're done already, let's leave something from the gag reel for the players who are either crazy (or stupid) enough to finish this game." And in the bad ending they literally did it. "Hey idiot, we gave you an easy way to beat Pumpkinhead and you didn't do it, so screw you!"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Been watching his game videos lately and they are great. Especially uptime, a series I never really played till black gate. Looking forward to underworld since those games confused the crap out of me as a kid.

Also I totally owned the bij star trek board game as a kid. Friends and I made fun of it constantly!

eXistor

I stopped watching him since about 6 months. His ego has gotten the better of him and his reviews just aren't any fun any more. He never reviews the stuff I want him to review. In the old days he didn't post as much as he does now, but it was almost always gold, now it's about 1 out of 10 videos that makes me laugh. Why would I want commentary tracks on everything he does? Seems useless. If anything he should save those for a dvd release if he ever does one.

Here's the rest of the E3 videos. I believe XCOM was the last one before his trip to Brad Jones' Paranoia screening
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Nyko Zoom and Razer Sixense
Final Fantasy XIII-2

The rest of the videos take on the Vlog style.
The Rest of E3 (Intro to the rest of the videos)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Twisted Metal
Dancing Games
Mass Effect 3 and Uncharted 3
Konami Lineup
Prototype 2 and Saints Row the Third
Aliens Colonial Marines
Catherine and War of the Worlds
XCOM (A continuation of last year's impressions)

RagnarokX

Totobeni said:
Nintendo fans VS Spoony

E3 2011 – Introduction & Nintendo’s Lineup! And the Wii U!

^ He said Nintendo is just doing sequels and sequels and they are just boring, Nintendo fans got angry over his comments calling him a hypocrite/360 fanboy, his fans now trashing Nintendo to defend his opinion..and other stuff just because of this short video.

E3 2011 – Star Trek

E3 2011 – Bethesda (Skyrim, Prey 2)
Well, he sure burned off all the respect he gained from his FFVIII review with that rant :p

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
RagnarokX said:
Well, he sure burned off all the respect he gained from his FFVIII review with that rant :p
Well see, if a game franchise does that, it's ok as long as they don't do it for X amount of years. Zelda's over that X so boo, boo.

RagnarokX

Freshmaker said:
Well see, if a game franchise does that, it's ok as long as they don't do it for X amount of years. Zelda's over that X so boo, boo.
Most Nintendo franchises don't get sequels for years, and they're more than just rehashes. Heh, he even shot down Luigi's Mansion as being milked. All of the games he was excited about were also sequels.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
RagnarokX said:
Most Nintendo franchises don't get sequels for years, and they're more than just rehashes. Heh, he even shot down Luigi's Mansion as being milked. All of the games he was excited about were also sequels.
Yeah, that's the reasoning he gave for liking those but hating Zelda on his justin.tv stream. He also said Majora's mask was exactly the same as OOT though so the man's clearly not paying attention to Zelda at all.

RagnarokX

Freshmaker said:
Yeah, that's the reasoning he gave for liking those but hating Zelda on his justin.tv stream. He also said Majora's mask was exactly the same as OOT though so the man's clearly not paying attention to Zelda at all.
lol wow. I mean, MM uses the same character models but you can't get more different than that game. He said he wanted deep involving stories and that's where MM really shines :p

Heh, Elder Scrolls games have even come out as far apart as the last console Zelda games:

Elder Scrolls III and Wind Waker 2003
Elder Scrolls IV and Twilight Princess 2006
Elder Scrolls V and Skyward Sword 2011
And that's not counting expansion packs. I guess he could be counting PH and ST but those weren't like any other Zelda game (and unfortunately not as good gameplay wise).

Zero-Crescent said:
Next up is the Tekken live-action flick, in a crossover review with Film Brain:
Tekken (2010)
Oh good, I just checked earlier and his site was redirecting to a suddenlink page. I thought he was out of commission for a while, but nice!

Also, no love for Phelous, anyone?

G-Fex

Fimbulvetr said:
These three and Lupa.

Lupa is a little much but I like her, especially since she loves the American ninja movies.

Typographenia said:
Oh good, I just checked earlier and his site was redirecting to a suddenlink page. I thought he was out of commission for a while, but nice!

Also, no love for Phelous, anyone?

Of course, he did the best let's play of Silent Hill. And the best reviews of the Resident Evil movies. Not to mention Resident Hazard videos.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Zero-Crescent said:
Next up is the Tekken live-action flick, in a crossover review with Film Brain:
Tekken (2010)

Holy fuck what the hell was that

Post apocalyptic setting.
Realistic take on Tekken.
Mortal Kombat in Tekken.
Kazuya raped Jun.
Kazuya work for Heihachi.
Heihachi is kinda good dude.
Jin is horny idiot who love girl butts.
The Devil curse is just Mishima family is bad.

Seems like it was a completely different story but they slapped Tekken name and characters on it.

G-Fex

Totobeni said:
Holy fuck what the hell was that

Post apocalyptic setting.
Realistic take on Tekken.
Mortal Kombat in Tekken.
Kazuya raped Jun.
Kazuya work for Heihachi.
Heihachi is kinda good dude.
Jin is horny idiot who love girl butts.
The Devil curse is just Mishima family is bad.

Seems like it was a completely different story but they slapped Tekken name and characters on it.

I honestly wasn't expecting much, cause the Tekken storyline itself in the games is so..convoluted and just a mess that I don't know.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
G-Fex said:
I honestly wasn't expecting much, cause the Tekken storyline itself in the games is so..convoluted and just a mess that I don't know.

The main plot on the Mishima clan is yes complete crazy but it's still better than this garbage, and it can be super fun in this kind of live action movie.

G-Fex

Totobeni said:
The main plot on the Mishima clan is yes complete crazy but it's still better than this garbage, and it can be super fun in this kind of live action movie.

Yeah I fucking hate the post apocalyptic serious stuff.

Top Bottom