• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Toxi

Banned
Ex-Aid 33

Damn, Dan and Emu's plan to take down Chronus was clever. It would have worked too.

Goddamnit Hiiro. I hope there's a decent explanation for his betrayal; there was nothing preventing him from taking the Proto-Gashat after Chronus was reprogrammed.

Reprogramming doesn't always go well. Look at what happened when he hit up Parad with it, and he also has no idea how to get Saki out of the gashat. Who is to say that Dan would even help him with it, since its obvious Dan wants Chronicle to play out in the end anyway?

Tiu Neo

Those Genji voices, so good. Too bad I'll probably never get the skin, and even if I get, I'm not really a Genji player.

Kard8p3

Anything that gives gekiranger more love
bts_lina.gif
bts_lina.gif

Tiu Neo

Amazons 2 - 8

So, Nanaha
was the owner of that arm. Kinda expected this after Jin was shown alive.

And how did Haruka's armor recover from those scars, and Jin's didn't? Well, not that Jin's scars (in his body) are consistent too. How does he recover? Is his deterioration temporary or cyclic? Amazon cells in effect? That would kinda explain how Chihiro grew so much in five years, I guess. But then, there's his vision, that didn't recover.

It's probably my favorite Amazons episode up to now. This was a slow episode, action-wise, but every moment of it was great. Everything is connected now, and I think I can feel a bit more for both Chihiro and Iyu, which I didn't care that much for before.

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 16

You know, this was a pretty good episode too. It left me wondering how much of what Scorpio said is true and how much isn't, for a moment. Even if it was just a trap.

One good thing Kyuranger is doing, is making the plot a bit less... formulaic? Right now we would be having everyone's focus with the extra ranger or something like that, and then a few episodes after we would have some filler, probably with a new stronger villain, and a few new mechas. Now? The next steps are not quite obvious, even if the end result will probably be the same. We still have a new villain, we will still have a new mecha, but the way there is a bit different.

RIP Champ (for now) :(

Zynx

So we have bugster (Shin) Kuruto thanks to Poppy digging him out of the first prototype Mighty Action X level 0. But the guy was actually got his game over by Pallad spraying Dangerous Zombie virus all over him.

If bugster Shin Kuruto came to exist because of Kuroto's special arrangements for a backup, his data could also be in prototype Dangerous Zombie - and Kuroto could be brought back that way? It might actually matter that the current Kuroto is calling himself Shin Kuruto.

Amazons 2 - 8And how did Haruka's armor recover from those scars, and Jin's didn't?

Haruka is some super-duper Amazon, remember. Jin is just a human being infected with Amazon cells, and Tlaloc most likely shredded his regenerative capabilities as well.

Its also likely he hasn't been eating as normal while wandering, as he's blind and a bit mental. Explains why he shambles like hell instead of normally walking around.

Also, with Chihiro, remember that Haruka had a similar growth cycle. They're sort of the same, just that Chihiro is a natural birth, whereas Haruka is a test tube baby.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 16

Damn, did not expect to already kill off a Ranger. Granted he'll be back soon but wow. "Come Sing and Dance With Us" strikes once again.

Ex-Aid 33

Hiiro you son of a bitch! Heel turn at the worst moment
Things are too good!

Amazons 21

So if I understand it, Chihiro is Jin & Nanaha's son, and he possessed the first lysogenic cells, learning about them when he bit his mother and managed to turn her into an Amazon. No wonder she hasn't been seen, she's long dead.

Maaaan this was a messed up week for Toku.

Toxi

Banned
After starting Kamen Rider Blade... Did I just have a stroke? I don't think I've ever seen a more incoherent first episode for a TV show. It feels like they condensed two or three episodes into one.

After starting Kamen Rider Blade... Did I just have a stroke? I don't think I've ever seen a more incoherent first episode for a TV show. It feels like they condensed two or three episodes into one.

You're gonna feel that way until the early to mid teens. Blade's introductory arc is notoriously odd.

Nudull

Banned
So, I watched the first episode of Gaim, and suddenly I witness some dance crew Pokemon shit straight out of the 2000's. Just Live More is rad, though, and I feel obligated to continue just for that. That, and to see how Gen Urobuchi it gets by the end.

Also checked out W for a few episodes. It's quite good, and I'm finding myself wanting to binge it all. I also wasn't prepared for how awesome WBX is as a theme song.

Slayven

Blade does feel like you are jumping in the middle, but ti is worth it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

look up "Kamen Rider Blade memes" for more information

like this

or

DA45TBPVwAAq74a.jpg

c45.png

DAopcjNWsAIEvck.jpg

tumblr_inline_nk5k60rosW1rnbieg.jpg

Akibared

I feel for Chihiro but after this weeks Amazons I'm still on Team Jin. #killallamazons

Also watching Kyuranger was making Naruto jokes with my buddy great episode!

Big One

Banned
So, I watched the first episode of Gaim, and suddenly I witness some dance crew Pokemon shit straight out of the 2000's. Just Live More is rad, though, and I feel obligated to continue just for that. That, and to see how Gen Urobuchi it gets by the end.

Also checked out W for a few episodes. It's quite good, and I'm finding myself wanting to binge it all. I also wasn't prepared for how awesome WBX is as a theme song.
Both Gaim and W are my favorites of the Neo-Hesei era (so far), they're great, but for different reasons. So yeah keep on.

Tiu Neo

Haruka is some super-duper Amazon, remember. Jin is just a human being infected with Amazon cells, and Tlaloc most likely shredded his regenerative capabilities as well.

Its also likely he hasn't been eating as normal while wandering, as he's blind and a bit mental. Explains why he shambles like hell instead of normally walking around.

Also, with Chihiro, remember that Haruka had a similar growth cycle. They're sort of the same, just that Chihiro is a natural birth, whereas Haruka is a test tube baby.

Yeah, makes sense.

https://twitter.com/Kyuranger_toei/status/869216814005235712

This V-Cinema features the story of Scorpio prior to joining the Kyurangers, from his brother's betrayal up to joining Shou, to be released at Oct. 25.

They are really investing on Kyuranger, eh? V-Cinema at the middle of a season? And an important one? I hope it pays off.

Big One

Banned
Btw I finished Ghost like a week ago. As of right now I've watched all the Neo-Heisei era movies and specials EXCEPT for the Wizard movie.

No motivation to review Ghost to be honest. I tried a few times, but it's just... I dunno. It isn't there for me here. I'll sum up my experiences though:

Gaim Gaiden - Loved them. They weren't written by Gen but still had the spirit of Gaim.

Drive Specials - The Chaser special was really good, but I felt the Heart special was just awful. The Chaser special is my favorite of these specials next to Accel and Eternal from W Returns.

Ghost x Drive movie - It was pretty awful, to be honest. Nothing of note here.

Ghost + Eyecons movie - This one is kind of hard to gauge for me. I don't think it's completely terrible for what it is. It's not like there's large stretches of nothing happening like in Wizard, but the stuff that "happens" in Ghost always ends up being underwhelming no matter how much they set things up. Takeru dying and coming back over and over again makes Takatora's death's from Gaim tolerable in comparison. Otherwise, it's a fairly forgettable series with some shining moments here and there. I think they could've done something interesting with Ghost but they just...didn't. I will give it props for using the Gaim-styled serialized structure though.

Dr. Pacman movie - On the other hand, this was surprisingly really great! This is easily the best crossover movie since the Gaim x Drive movie in the very least (I think it's better). So much fun and there's a lot of genuine badass moments in it. Even Haruto wasn't unbearable in it.

Ranking Neo-Heisei:

Gaim
W
Ex-Aid (so far)
Drive
OOO
Fourze
Ghost
Wizard

*italics are series I didn't like at all

Now I've started a full rewatch (and in some cases watching for the first time as well as finishing off some series) of the Heisei era in RELEASE ORDER starting with Kuuga. I'm also going to get around to watching Amazons as well.

Slayven

I love the writeups for toku character, they have all these abilites they never use

Neo Header (ネオヘッダー Neo Heddā): Sensor Antenna. Able to detect noise and enemy presence in the surroundings. Neo's can amplify brain waves to summon Jungleder.
Amazon Eye (アマゾン・アイ Amazon Ai): Able to change focus at will and catch target 1k meter away even if they are in high speed.
Neo Wilder Skin (ネオワイルダースキン Neo Wairudā Sukin): Moderate tightening skin that wraps around the body with flexibility to enhance joints and muscles movements, and provides astounding physical abilities. It will also harden itself due to situations, to prevent damage from enemies.
Neo Lung Armor (ネオラングアーマー Neo Rangu Āmā): Neo's chest armor. With the Neo Amazon Driver's influence, the Amazonz cells in Neo's body harden themselves to protect the core inside by cancelling out almost all damage inflicted. It can also absorb heat and wind from the surrounding area and convert them to stockpile energy.
Shellslicer Glove (シェルスライサーグローブ Sherusuraisā Gurōbu): Arm cutters that can cut through everything. A punch can crack 85m thick bedrock.
Knee Metal Guard (ニーメタルガド Nī Hecusu): Knee protector that can observe the quake and strengthen the knee.
Shellslicer Boot (シェルスライサーブーツ Sherusuraisā Būtsu): Boot cutters that can cut through everything. A single kick can crack 100m thick bedrock.

Was this posted?
Uchu Sentai Kyuranger to Have a Space Squad Tie-In Episode in June
It has been announced that Uchu Sentai Kyuranger's episode 18 (Space.18) will be a tie-in for the upcoming Space Squad: Uchu Keiji Gavan vs. Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger V-cinema. Both Yuma Ishigaki and Ryuji Sainei will be featured as Geki Jumonji/Gavan Type G and Banban Akaza/DekaRed respectively.

The synopsis of this particular episode is described as:

Madakko has stolen the Pyxis Kyutama and arrived at a different part of space through a blackhole. The Kyurangers follow but they are encountered by Geki and Ban who, unaware of the situation, arrest the heroes on illegal space travel charges. We will see the encounter of commanders Sho Ronpo and Doggy Krueger as well as the latter's encounter with Garu, his inter-series brother (?). The episode will also feature team-ups by Lucky/ShishiRed and Ban as well as Naga/HebitsukaiSilver. Ishigaki will show his own skills in scenes before transforming.
Looks like we have more space stuff coming our way. Glad to see Geki Jumonji in action again.

BatDan

Still better than the transformations in the Berserk 2016-2017 anime.

That's going to be a joke for sooooooo many years.

Oh yeah, totally remember when they showed that on Fox.

Now go look up the "Galaxy Rangers" pilot that's meant for Bioman, but they spliced in Zyuranger footage. Mark Dacascos!

I have seen the "Galaxy Rangers" stuff. Complete with Judas Priest music.
At least Dacascos eventually got his American Toku role... in a much worse product.

Jeffrey

why would he return?

I can't imagine toku wages are great (is the water diet thing true or a rumor?).

at least power rangers actors have unions these days. are there actor guilds in japan, or do they just find pretty teens off the street and recruit them?

BatDan

He's basically one of the top actors in Japan now, you probably won't see him in a rider thing for a long ass time.

I don't know, I think the Bleach movie is a downgrade from Fourze.
Then again if he's a top actor, then perhaps the movie is like a Hollywood blockbuster, but with Japanese budgets.

The Shonen Jump Cinematic Universe

Top Bottom