• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
why would he return?

I can't imagine toku wages are great (is the water diet thing true or a rumor?).

at least power rangers actors have unions these days. are there actor guilds in japan, or do they just find pretty teens off the street and recruit them?

It's not so much the actor thinking he's too big but it's rather the agency deciding what he can and cannot take roles in as they have the ultimate say

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
why would he return?

I can't imagine toku wages are great (is the water diet thing true or a rumor?).

at least power rangers actors have unions these days. are there actor guilds in japan, or do they just find pretty teens off the street and recruit them?

Super Sentai and Kamen Rider have always been used to jumpstart stars. Back then they were action stars and stuntmen (with most making up JAC). Nowadays they're for models and upcoming actors.

They are handled by acting agencies, who pretty much are responsible for their acting careers and how much money they get from them. It's no surprise you get news like Shinken Red's actor having to struggle, or Kengo's actor quitting acting because of health issues. Or stuff like Eiji's actor getting his career shotgunned after supposedly being given a role in the Attack of Titan movie as something big only for it to be a character that gets killed early on, that he only recently rebounded via Pokemon web shorts and a medical drama. The actors are under the agency's control and are only bound by their duties there, hence why some like Fourze's actor being unable to return - because they've gone big and their agencies might not want them to return.

Then you get news like Tendou's actor quitting his agency and forming his own. That pretty much blacklisted him from most entertainment as apparently it's taboo but is apparently living a good life as being manager of his wife and raising his son.

Toxi

Banned
Then you get news like Tendou's actor quitting his agency and forming his own. That pretty much blacklisted him from most entertainment as apparently it's taboo but is apparently living a good life as being manager of his wife and raising his son.
Ugh, that's pretty terrible. Basically no freedom in the industry. At least it worked out for him.

Jeffrey

so what is actually a good career in japan? Feels like once you peel layers back its all miserable :eek:

but then thats kinda most jobs anywhere once you think about it haha.

After starting Kamen Rider Blade... Did I just have a stroke? I don't think I've ever seen a more incoherent first episode for a TV show. It feels like they condensed two or three episodes into one.

Blade is a weird show with a weird opening arc.

But so meme worthy.

Toxi

Banned
One of the nice parts of Kamen Rider Blade is that the Riders actually ride.

Ex-Aid's used a bike, what, three times in the entire series?

Tiu Neo

Yeah, and I thought that with the bike being a character, they would use it more.

How wrong I was. And then they killed the bike.

WarRock

Man, I have no time to write full impressions on Ex-Aid 33, but WHAT AN EPISODE. Love it scriptwise.

Going to leave those three points:
THE REAL ENEMY WAS CAPITALISM ALL ALONG!!1
Shin Dan Kuroto is the best thing to happen to the franchise since Cakeboss.
This:

javadoze

Last year and every year before: "They've done it. There's no way Kamen Rider can get any weirder than this!"

This year?:
Bottle collectables?

Are we going all in on Oronamin C advertising?

Jeffrey

At least in garo you see cut-in of faces often.

Don't remember drive much. I remember enjoying it but it kinda was forgettable!

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 33

Dad Dan is a pretty good villain. He's a bastard, doesn't hide, and even if the characters can confront him, they can't really win. Even the way he calls the others by their Gashat, and not by the name, makes him so cool.

His effects on Pallad are also interesting. This has become a good three-way fight. After Ghost, it's nice to have so many villains this good.

And yeah, Hiiro was stupid. The plan would totally have worked. Well, at least his motives are better than Makoto's countless heel turns.

Next episode... he's back.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
own your own Bugvisor II Kuroto Dan edition

1uH700d.jpg

also proto lv3's

0mCrboX.jpg

Slayven

Think Toei will ever do a year of crossover gimmicks?

Maybe have sentai and kamen rider use the same baubles but in different ways

WarRock

Eh, to me Gaim Riders are tech. The organics are the people who ate the fruits or evolved with Helheim. It fits the overall thematic of the show, culture versus nature.

Jeffrey

is decade driver, bio or tech?

Seems obvious, but, as with much of the show, I don't think they explained anything about it lol.

Tiu Neo

Gaim is Mystic.

But really, Gaim is a different series, as it is a bit of Tech (Sengoku), Mystic (God Powers) and Bio (Hellheim fruits).

Think Toei will ever do a year of crossover gimmicks?

Maybe have sentai and kamen rider use the same baubles but in different ways

Would be cool, easy to produce... but kinda risky, if the gimmick fails it will fail hard.

Jeffrey

Watched the garo anime movie. Was fun but kinda disappointing that it was just classic garo toku format vs the more interesting stuff in the show.

Even ended with past garos working together to give him a new form!

Slayven

Gaim is Mystic.

But really, Gaim is a different series, as it is a bit of Tech (Sengoku), Mystic (God Powers) and Bio (Hellheim fruits).

Would be cool, easy to produce... but kinda risky, if the gimmick fails it will fail hard.

Yeah it would either be a hit or fall flat.

When was the last time we had a straight bio rider, who's powers are inherent. Or is that now the realm of Amazons?

Tiu Neo

Yeah it would either be a hit or fall flat.

When was the last time we had a straight bio rider, who's powers are inherent. Or is that now the realm of Amazons?

Well, Amazons is that for sure. Before that... not sure? Most Showa Riders were, after their surgery. I didn't watch the early Heisei Riders yet, so I'm not too sure about Agito, Kuuga, Blade, Faiz or Ryuki. Kabuto had the Worms
and some of them were Riders, but that was not the origin of their power.

Oh, Hibiki's powers came from himself, but it's more of a Mystic than a Bio thing, I guess.

WarRock

Yeah, in that case I think Amazon and Amazons are the only options barring
Agito? Not sure how you would categorize Agito/Another Agito/Gills
. And I think the same applies to Faiz?

@Neo
Blade is tech, even though it messes with them biologically (similar to the Showa Riders but without surgery).

Yeah, in that case I think Amazon and Amazons are the only options barring
Agito? Not sure how you would categorize Agito/Another Agito/Gills
. And I think the same applies to Faiz?

@Neo
Blade is tech, even though it messes with them biologically (similar to the Showa Riders but without surgery).

Mystic? With a bit of bio tossed in.

Top Bottom