• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Nook Amiibo is less than $6 new direct from Amazon and Walmart

Az987

all good things
Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel my preorders of the second wave of animal crossing Amiibos and wait for a price drop.

I wish they'd reprint some of the older Amiibos now.

Also several Amiibo (Mewtwo, Zero Suit Samus, Link, Ganondorf Captain Olimar, etc.) are discounted on Walmart.com to $9.99. Amazon price matched.

I went to a Walmart tonight and there were 6 total Amiibos and four were Pixel Mario. I had gone to a a Best Buy right before and got a Retro Mario and Wreck-it Ralph 2-figure and disc pack. Both at the same price of $10.40 after GCU. I decided to get it from Walmart since I thought they would have a longer return policy.

Now I'll just ship it to my local Walmart Neighborhood Market.

Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel my preorders of the second wave of animal crossing Amiibos and wait for a price drop.

I wish they'd reprint some of the older Amiibos now.

They have been doing that.

Still no Wii Fit Trainer though.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Chibi Robo amiibo is going for pretty cheap too. It seems amiibo associated with poorly received games are also poorly received.

The AC amiibos have the least functionality out of any series and are tied to a shitty game, not surprising to see them marked down.

The only amiibo set that was/is crazy are the Smash ones because they're the coolest and are tied to the best amiibo-compatible game.

Rival

Gold Member
Ness is the only one I don't have that I really want. I think the craze is kind of over. My local Best Buy had a huge bin of Marth the other day. I hadn't seen him since I bought one on the first day. The AC ones do nothing for me.

johnsmith

remember me
Ness is the only one I don't have that I really want. I think the craze is kind of over. My local Best Buy had a huge bin of Marth the other day. I hadn't seen him since I bought one on the first day. The AC ones do nothing for me.

Lucas is still available to preorder too. If he had been released around the same time as Ness there's no way he'd still be up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...os-lucas/4784101.p?id=bb4784101&skuId=4784101
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017W175WA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Really seems like AC amiibo crashed hard.

Boy is Nintendo going to look silly when the NX features amiibos as a core feature.

It wasn't a fucking Animal Crossing game.

The 3DS title was some crappy home decorating garbage, and the Wii U one was a god damn board game that was given away free.

If you thought Metroid fans had it rough, try being an Animal Crossing fan.

Socivol

The 3DS title was some crappy home decorating garbage, and the Wii U one was a god damn board game that was given away free.

The Wii U game was definitely not free, which is why so many people were annoyed by it. It was a $60 game that came with two amiibo figures.

Phu

Banned
I've dumped hundreds of hours into AC games, so I should have been all over these [at least jumping on KK asap]. But with Smash I don't know if I have it in me to go after another large group of amiibo [and I only went after some of the Smash ones]. Tie them to an AC game that is less than stellar and something I don't want [and trap one of my favorites in a bundle pack] and I just don't care.

Right now, the only non-Smash amiibo I can see myself ever getting would be one offs [like Wolf Link of Chibi-Robo] and even that will be very situational.

AdanVC

Chibi Robo amiibo is going for pretty cheap too. It seems amiibo associated with poorly received games are also poorly received.

Yup. Nintendo thought they could literally get away with it by releasing underwhelming (crappy) titles as an excuse to sell amiibos and it didn't work out.

Madao

at least you guys already have a main game this gen.

meanwhile, Metroid hasn't had a main game since last gen.

Az987

all good things
Also several Amiibo (Mewtwo, Zero Suit Samus, Link, Ganondorf Captain Olimar, etc.) are discounted on Walmart.com to $9.99. Amazon price matched.

I went to a Walmart tonight and there were 6 total Amiibos and four were Pixel Mario. I had gone to a a Best Buy right before and got a Retro Mario and Wreck-it Ralph 2-figure and disc pack. Both at the same price of $10.40 after GCU. I decided to get it from Walmart since I thought they would have a longer return policy.

Now I'll just ship it to my local Walmart Neighborhood Market.

They have been doing that.

Still no Wii Fit Trainer though.

Yeah, for the more harder to find ones. I need stuff that was common at launch but impossible to find now, like Samus and Kirby.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nobody wants to be around you when they don't owe you money, Tom

Much less pay to keep you around

rav

Bought! Thanks for the heads up. Adding him to my collection.

12511896_10207891478226228_1457926884_n.jpg

Awesome, is that your desk at work?
I only ask because I have a coworker that did something very similar with StarWars toys.

Yeah, for the more harder to find ones. I need stuff that was common at launch but impossible to find now, like Samus and Kirby.

Yeah. Kirby was the only common one I never got. When Best Buy had an offer that got them to $8 a piece after GCU I got all the commons left.

Pixels

I'm not really a fan and I love these amiibos for some reason. Have the whole first wave and I haven't played either tie in...

Sorry, but shit posting drive bys like this annoy me. You're asking on a video game forum why people like collecting shit? Really?

Nerd or collectable shaming is annoying. Putting these on his wall is no different than the people that collect vinyls, books, video games, or even Hot Toys and display them in cases or glass cabinets.

Calm down bro, I was hardly "shit-posting" or shitting on him collecting games (on GAF of all places).

I was curious as to why he had them arranged/displayed like that, that's all. Way too over-react though.

And to actually discuss the OP: I wouldn't buy it unless you plan on playing Amiibo Festival, considering it's not compatible with anything else at the moment.

Ploid 3.0

Ugh I can't look at this picture without thinking of Dawg's thread yesterday

I don't know the thread, but seeing this picture after seeing a Gaffer's 80s-90s Ninja Turtles toy collection, which got me all misty eyed, give this collection 20 years or so. Maybe people in the future will be getting all nostalgic over these things.

Richie

Should be noted for my fellow Mexicans, Tom Nook is being sold for107 pesos directly from Amazon Mexico. Which is by far the lowest I've ever seen any amiibo sold for in these parts. (With the dollar increase, this is 2 cents above $6 USD).

In related amiibo-sold-for-cheap news, Amazon Mexico also has the Chibi Robo bundle (both amiibo and game) for $399 (a surprisingly low 22 USD).

Legendary tagging, too.

Jawmuncher

I always doubted how popular and recognizable Animal Crossing characters are to the public. I'm shocked at how many AC figures there are - most I haven't even heard of.

The AC line doesn't seem to be doing all that well. Doesn't help that the game they're tied to isn't very appealing to most.

They need to sell kk separately cuz i don't want no fucking llamas

haha "no fucking llamas" , got me laughing while drinking my juice

yeah animal crossing amiibos are just sitting on shelves , to late , should have released during the shortages, Nintendo probably doesn't know that some people settle and buy something if they drive to a store just to not waste their time
amiibos are over >:)

they got about $500 from me since the beginning of the amiibo age 0_o SHIT

Neiteio

Someone actually gave me the Tom Nook amiibo as a Christmas gift.

Now I'm wondering if they're being cheap. This is no way to buy my love.

Someone actually gave me the Tom Nook amiibo as a Christmas gift.

Now I'm wondering if they're being cheap. This is no way to buy my love.

I bought one for a friend who is collecting them. Also bought Mabel and Zero Suit samus for him because they are at reasonable prices right now

Top Bottom