• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime Expo had some good manga announcements, some expected others we've been waiting for years for it to officially come over (looks at Silver Spoon). Oddly enough Viz Media was the most quite of the usual US publishers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am in the process of setting up my PS4 and will then play the Persona 5 you all like so much. I'm trusting you ToonamiGAF, don't let my 6 WiiU games and $5 go to waste.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am in the process of setting up my PS4 and will then play the Persona 5 you all like so much. I'm trusting you ToonamiGAF, don't let my 6 WiiU games and $5 go to waste.
I only put over 155 hours into it, so maybe you'll like it.

Trusting ToonamiGAF tends to end badly, especially a ToonamiGAF whose currently dealing with Tokyo Ghoul. Sanity ain't quite there anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I forgot how short the Crash games were. I've already platinum'd Crash 2 & 3, with just the original to work on now.

After that....maybe I'll get Splatoon 2, but damn it, I REALLY don't want my co-worker constantly bugging me about the Splatfests again. Otherwise, I think my next game is Sonic Mania in August. If my friend is getting FF12 HD, I might borrow that from him. I'm tempted by Yakuza 0 being cheaper ($40 via GCU at Best Buy), but I don't know if I want another long game so soon after Persona 5 considering I'm doing my 3rd playthrough to do all the requests, earning the platinum.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I keep thinking today is Tuesday and we're doing a podcast. Only it's Monday and we're not doing one this week. My sense of time has gone all wonky.

Morlas

The force of July will do that to a person

Also do you think they'll ever try to do toonami jetstream again it was pretty ahead of its time...if only it had better exclusive shows and I guess streaming technology wasn't there yet too

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The force of July will do that to a person

Also do you think they'll ever try to do toonami jetstream again it was pretty ahead of its time...if only it had better exclusive shows and I guess streaming technology wasn't there yet too

I think Hulu, Netflix, Funimation's Video site, and Crunchyroll have all made such a thing redundant. It's a shame because it was a great idea and was basically what Crunchyroll is now, just done 5 years too early.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DeMarco pretty much stated there's no point when there's so many other streaming services nowadays that do what Jetstream did back in the day.

Man, I'm at work right now and it's literally dead. I work for a University Library and damn near everyone took off today because of the Holiday and there's barely any students on campus to boot.

Morlas

Man, I'm at work right now and it's literally dead. I work for a University Library and damn near everyone took off today because of the Holiday and there's barely any students on campus to boot.
Sounds fun bet they're like if you have nothing to do just sort books or something

Morlas

tumblr_inline_nm5ltiHiy91tq8esh.gif

Xe4

Banned

LOL, I just got off working at my University's library and it's the same fucking thing. Even my managers were bitching about it lol.

Now I don't know if that Bayonetta 1 and 2 Switch rumor is actually believable or not, but watching some people get seemingly genuinely annoyed about the mere potential of an announcement of a rerelease is amazing.

bigkrev

This was me today. I believe I saw a total of 20 people all day on the entire campus.

Raxus

Now I don't know if that Bayonetta 1 and 2 Switch rumor is actually believable or not, but watching some people get seemingly genuinely annoyed about the mere potential of an announcement of a rerelease is amazing.

With the exception of W101 (sadly) I wouldn't be shocked if most of WiiU's library made it on to the switch. It is a vastly more popular system and the games for the system are highly regarded despite struggling to find an audience.

It'd be nice to see Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta all find new home on the switch so more people can appreciate the games ala mario kart 8.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
With the exception of W101 (sadly) I wouldn't be shocked if most of WiiU's library made it on to the switch. It is a vastly more popular system and the games for the system are highly regarded despite struggling to find an audience.

It'd be nice to see Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta all find new home on the switch so more people can appreciate the games ala mario kart 8.

Seriously. The WiiU library is fairly well regarded and has some real gems. For most of the public it's going to be like brand-new games and Nintendo won't have to worry about dev time or quality of the titles. So long as they pack in the DLC it's a smart move on their part.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can't agree, I really hope W101 gets a Switch port. Kamiya seems on board with the idea. Maybe, hard to tell with him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can't agree, I really hope W101 gets a Switch port. Kamiya seems on board with the idea. Maybe, hard to tell with him.

I hope it gets one along with the rest of the WiiU's good games. I think a little more exposure could do that game some good, it's really good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope it gets one along with the rest of the WiiU's good games. I think a little more exposure could do that game some good, it's really good.

Agreed. It was my 2013 GOTY, and that was a really fucking good year too.
It just had everything going against it. On a failing console, released the same time as GTA V, no marketing, decent reviews but a lot of "Me no good at games so game is turrible" that plagues a lot of sites these days *cough*Crash Bandicoot*cough*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Agreed. It was my 2013 GOTY, and that was a really fucking good year too.
It just had everything going against it. On a failing console, released the same time as GTA V, no marketing, decent reviews but a lot of "Me no good at games so game is turrible" that plagues a lot of sites these days *cough*Crash Bandicoot*cough*

It's a fun game, but it's a hard game. I think, given a decent marketing push, it could do very well on the Switch.

cntr

Banned
I could totally see them trying again with the Wonderful 101. Just give it more marketing and take advantage of the word of mouth it does have.

I feel like it would fit in next to ARMS and Splatoon, in a way.

Jarate

Banned
I wish work for me right now was "slow"

Working 11 hour pizza delivery shifts for 5 out of 6 days!!!! And we're super busy!

Chase17

Tropical Freeze deserves another chance to be a bigger hit.

Raxus

Tropical Freeze deserves another chance to be a bigger hit.

Yeah, even a Smash Deluxe would be huge. I imagine they are holding that for 2018/19 while we wait for a true smash sequel.

As much as I'd love 101 on the switch it'd probably call for more fanagaling due to it's dual screen support I imagine but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom