• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

DDxJ8aZV0AAPZJ6
now all i need is to be cuter and a hoodie with holes for the ears and it's complete

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
bring this new show to toonami

Oh right, Jojo panel in about an hour, hoping I can make myself remember instead of being distracted by Crash.

Moaradin

Not all Trigger shows are action based, and one of them seems like it might be another Inferno Cop/Ninja Slayer type show.

bigkrev

516GE9R3YZL.jpg

So I bought this CD at Suncoast Video in 2004 for way too much money (I think it was $30?) and it mostly just had voice tracks but it had I Think I Can and Crazy Sunshine so it was a worthwhile purchase

It just dawned on me we're two years from the distant far off future that Blade Runner is set in.

And we still don't have cyborgs that can imitate us to the point where we can question our sense of humanity.

What a shame.

Xe4

Banned
I really need to watch the first season. I think I'll do it soon?

Nausicäa and Akira, but those are movies.

Cautiously hype.

I knew Nausicäa came after, but I thought Akira manga started in the early 80's whereas the anime was in '88.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They're showing the Toonami promo at the Jojo panel, guess DeMarco confirmed it early? They said it was a "major announcement" & was one of the last things to be shown at the panel.

I don't get why people were expecting Viz to confirm Part 5. They only license the series. Any official announcement would come from the actual animation studio.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm still going to go with the names Araki intended. I know the changes are there for a reason, but I don't have to like them.

On Part 5,
I wonder if DavidPro will prepare a special uncensored version for Crunchyroll like Liden Films did with Terra Formars. Part 5 is fucking brutal and will likely be heavily censored.

cntr

Banned
The weird thing about the Jojo name changes is that they should be able to use them without change. Song and band names aren't copyrighted, they're trademarked, and the difference between a copyright and a trademarke is that you can use a trademark if there's "no reasonable chance of confusion".

The actual issue is that Crunchyroll and Viz would have to prove this in court, and they would run out of money from the protracted lawsuit.

(That's why, for example, the French and Italian versions of Jojo don't need name changes, the risk of a painful lawsuit there being much less than in the US.)

ciqPes5.png

Guys just noticed that in this pic on the wall behind her there's a drawing of Mamimi's black cat and also some sort of picture of a guy playing baseball. Just a fun little tidbit or maybe Naota becomes a teacher?

Xe4

Banned

Actually, your post piqued my interest enough just now to actually look up Nausicaä, and apparently the manga came first there too! Which is interesting because very few think of it being an adaptation, myself included. You learn something new every day, I guess.

(I should really read the Nausicaä manga sometime).

cntr

Banned
From what I know, the Nausicäa manga was Miyazaki's original version of the story, but the movie was cut down because of limits on time. It was always planned to be a movie from the start, though.

(He drew and wrote the manga himself.)

cntr

Banned
Nah. He's quite straight-forward, in terms of visual technique.

I'm waiting for the anime Edgar Wright.

caliph95

He is the Disney/Pixar of anime or the anime besides kids stuff like pokemon/digimon and Naruto that people will admit to liking without guilt.

My Dad bought Moving Castle and he isn't an anime fan (though he is fan of kung fu and epic chinese movies and 2nd Hellboy)

cntr

Banned
yeah I thought about it later and a lot of anime directors do get there, lol

Satoshi Kon, too.

Edit: Man, imagine Watanabe doing something like Baby Driver. That'd be so dope.

caliph95

Watanabe is close to Wright than Miyazaki and Baby Driver is something he would do at least a sci fi version of it (i know about Kids and Samurai)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I definitely didn't technically expect them to announce FLCL 2 and 3 together. Multiple multi-ep series? 2 seasons the length of the original would be interesting. It's weird to see THAT trailer, and think "well, they kept out the zany... guess that's next time!".

That new TRIGGER series is Kamina revived, holding a drillsword, right? OK. ;-)

It also feels weird to see so many quick game announcements out of AX. Aksys announced a ton of visual novels and UNIBEXL[ST], Namdai announced Seven Deadly Sins and Little Witch Academia for Western release... felt like some of the stuff I'd have wanted to see at E3 popped up here instead.

Nice drawing, SAB CA.

And I never got to answer your question from a while back. Yes, Tekken 7 is everything I hoped for. For me, at least. I don't really care about the story, I just love how I can record something in Training Mode so I can do something about a string that I'm not familiar with. That and the new customization tune is better than the one in Tag 2, lolol

Thanks! I had some fun making that one.

And that's great to hear. I need to get back to it, or my Vampyre and Tiger Summoner are going to get rusty, lol. I keep lookin' for announcements of the DLC... An SNK character of Kazuma Kiriyu would be great to play around with.

Great stuff SAB. I love the collages you do for marathons.

And thanks too! I'm truly glad to hear that! I often wonder if I'm the only one who gets some of the organization, especially in boarder-less ones like these.

So I'm playing the Resident Evil HD Remake.

Just starting it, and everyone runs to the mansion, Wesker like "Yo go check that noise out so I can....do something", and you stumble upon some bloodstains.

Then Barry tells you go ahead, so he can examine the bloodstains.

What the hell does that even mean Barry? How are you going to examine it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom