• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people love the Japanese dub of Jojo, but I think it's good they're dubbing the stands.

Having the stands dubbed may or may not work as well as the Japansese dub, but it'll give the dub more of its own feeling. Which I think is a good thing.

We already have two of them.

Sam Riegel would be a great choice as Josuke's English VA.

I think Erica Mendez (Gon's VA) would be good as Koichi.

I know people love the Japanese dub of Jojo, but I think it's good they're dubbing the stands.

Having the stands dubbed may or may not work as well as the Japansese dub, but it'll give the dub more of its own feeling. Which I think is a good thing.

Only thing I'll really miss from the Japanese Dub is
Dio screaming MUDA MUDA MUDA

So...I just found the main character in Rochard is voiced by Jon St. John, aka Duke Nukem.

Meaning no offense to the guy, I'm sure he's a nice guy, I wouldn't have noticed if not told.

Only thing I'll really miss from the Japanese Dub is
Dio screaming MUDA MUDA MUDA

Jojo is one of those shows that doesn't easily translate over into English. (Kinda ironic considering the show follows characters who travel the world, and the second main protagonist is an American punk.) All things considered tho, I think the dub for part 1 and 2 turned out pretty solid.

Part 3 Stardust Crusaders July 29th at 12:30 ET

Yes. They released a promo and everything

Yup, Stardust Crusaders is taking Attack on Titan's place on July 29th (as we predicted).
Well now... I'm certainly gonna enjoy this.

I'm just worried how the two OPs will be handled cut, especially the second one.

Next week on Toonami:

1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 1 - New Surge
This, on the other hand, can just...
(ヘ・_・)ヘ┳━┳

I have no idea what to expect.

Line_HTX

Nice drawing, SAB CA.

And I never got to answer your question from a while back. Yes, Tekken 7 is everything I hoped for. For me, at least. I don't really care about the story, I just love how I can record something in Training Mode so I can do something about a string that I'm not familiar with. That and the new customization tune is better than the one in Tag 2, lolol

caliph95

how much of the second season doesn't follow the manga?

giphy.gif

Which as a reason makes no sense like how
Kanedgy joins Aorigiri the same ass holes who torture him "to get stronger"

Raxus

how much of the second season doesn't follow the manga?

Aside from bits from the first episode literally every episode afterwards. And you saw how well the adaptation was going when they had the manga to go by.

Great stuff SAB. I love the collages you do for marathons.

cntr

Banned
One of my friends 'likes' Season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul, in the sense that it didn't seem so bad after Season 2.

caliph95

Supposedly, Root A is based on the original draft that Ishida had for the manga. It loosely follows the story beats of what actually happens in the manga, but character motivation gets thrown out the window.
Supposedly in the draft they only took ideas from it and basically ignore it becuase stuff in the draft gives better reasons for stuff among other things.
Kaneki joining Aorigiri was given a valid reason

A few days ago...

I don't understand the appeal of the Crash remakes.

In today's news...and I still don't understand.

Oh well, maybe this means we can finally get another Spyro game.

Spyro was always cooler than Crash.

Neoxon

After listening closely to the JoJo trailer, it sounds like Matthew Mercer is doing Star Platinum's voice this time.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A few days ago...

I don't understand the appeal of the Crash remakes.

In today's news...and I still don't understand.

Oh well, maybe this means we can finally get another Spyro game.

Spyro was always cooler than Crash.

Its been topping the charts on PS1 PSN downloads lists month after month after month. It's not that surprising especially with it being 3 redone games for $40 that are very family friendly and nostalgic for many.

Remember how I was talking about weird videogame commercials?

Well, I remember how people used to play Crash, put on a mask, and harass people in stores. Those were dark times.

Its been topping the charts on PS1 PSN downloads lists month after month after month. It's not that surprising especially with it being 3 redone games for $40 that are very family friendly and nostalgic for many.

Wow, really? Okay, apparently people want more Crash Bandicoot in their lives.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I just hope it nets us a Crash Team Racing remaster which is one of the best kart racing games around. Throw in some online and they have a winner.

TheSun

I hate Crash.

Y'know what should come to Toonami?

Medabots, oh yeah!

But yeah, never before have I saw a gag dub of an already goofy show play it more serious than the original.

The only good thing about the dub was metabee's voice. Apparently he speaks in jive turkey.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I counted up the stuff I'm looking to trade in and it looks like I can get a PS4 for like $30 before the GameStop bonus trade-in thing. Damn thing may well be free once I factor in the bonus thing.

Now it's just a matter of are there enough games I want to play on it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess the block is set for the rest of this year
Pretty much. The next show to end would be GitS, but I'm pretty sure 2nd Gig will air as well, & then it's waiting to see what replaces Lupin since it ends right at the end of the year.

I'm pretty sure they'll air it uncensored & both seasons together, but I'll see if DeMarco can confirm this. I just know this is gonna be the first Jojo part where we're gonna be hearing a lot more changed names.

caliph95

Why are we talking about a Crash, misguided and flawed movie about racism in toonami gaf
inb4 that's not the Crash we are talking about

cntr

Banned
Who knows, maybe they'll actually keep the post-GitS Jack slot?

I'd bet on Mob replacing Lupin at the beginning of next year, either way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if they feel as though they have enough shows to do 2 rerun slots.

.........I also hope Tokyo Ghoul doesn't get the rerun slot in the future.

Raxus

I wonder if they feel as though they have enough shows to do 2 rerun slots.

.........I also hope Tokyo Ghoul doesn't get the rerun slot in the future.

Seriously doub it since GitS will be well underway with either S2 or another replacement show like AoT Season 2. If I had to venture a guess AoT Season 2 would place second behind GitS and anything else would be a surprise. Maybe Samurai Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom