• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was already posted, but Discotek revealed at Otakon that the version of Lupin airing on Toonami is the original Italian version, not the version released in Japan. They plan to release both versions separately on Blu-Ray.

I guess this explains why the OP is not the same as the one that aired in Japan.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, we have the Italian OST, and the Italy-only "OVA" episodes.

I think they were planning to get the Japanese OP, though, since Demarco specifically said it was a licensing thing rather than something like "we're using a different version"...and it's not the Italian opening anyway.

Yeah, we have the Italian OST, and the Italy-only "OVA" episodes.

I think they were planning to get the Japanese OP, though, since Demarco specifically said it was a licensing thing rather than something like "we're using a different version"...and it's not the Italian opening anyway.

My guess is, at the present time, Discotek doesn't have the rights to the Japanese cut which is why they didn't specify an exact time-frame they plan to release it on Blu-ray.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Whoa, I didn't know Trever Noah produced the soundtrack for The Reflection (that Stan Lee/Mushishi anime).

I...haven't heard good things about the plot and animation, but I'm gonna hafta check that OST out.

The Reflection was so forgettable I kept forgetting it was on every week.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, I think it might be Hulu/Crunchyroll that grabbed it, not Netflix. But whatever it is, doesn't seem like it's happening soon.

Raxus

I'm like 97% sure he confused My Hero Academia and Little Witch Academia here when talking about Netflix

Yeah. Netflix is simulcasting it in Japan only. Hulu is simulcasting the dub with funimation but Funimation has the exclusive rights to the dub.

Regiruler

Yeah. Netflix is simulcasting it in Japan only. Hulu is simulcasting the dub with funimation but Funimation has the exclusive rights to the dub.

So in layman's terms, that means Funimation could put in on Toonami if they want to?

Too many Adjective Noun Academias.

So in layman's terms, that means Funimation could put in on Toonami if they want to?

Too many Adjective Noun Academias.

Kind of. Sometimes licencors are also able to get the Broadcasting rights, but then the bigger streaming services like Netflix and Hulu will also scoop those up in addition to the Streaming Rights to ensure their service is the only place the series is available. Hulu, for example, did it with Sailor Moon Crystal and the most recent season of Blue Exorcist. I'm assuming this is also the case for My Hero Academia.

So if Funimation already made the deal with Hulu, which is likely the case, that would explain why DeMarco stated that it won't be airing on the block anytime soon.

Line_HTX

Just put Sailor Moon on at this point. They're the last remaining OG Toonami show to not come back.

I prefer putting Mob Psycho on before Ushito.

*Folds arms and smiles at B-Dubs

Does YYH count as OG Toonami? That hasn't been reaired yet...though if they ran a Togashi block with that and HxH that'd be great...just call it Togashi Thursdays and throw in Level E.

caliph95

image.php

VBWaV4GpedQqneGqQ802ZC5YpSdBmN-faBJlcsgqQLY17OSvzSIF5O1wDkM0Du4H4ONHym2SCBp7vpg7G9QLejnfrre0fMzGGEmiHJo=w443-h332-nc

But I remember YYH coming on Toonami...I think right before Ruroni Kenshin was the time slot. I don't think it got put on Adult Swim late at night till it hit the Chapter Black arc. Actually if I'm remembering right it was aired in the afternoon and at night.
I have had this avatar ready since last week lol...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YYH went ASA Saturday nights to ASA Monday-Thursday to a more heavily edited TOONAMI version and finally finished it's run very early Saturday morning.

YYH went ASA Saturday nights to ASA Monday-Thursday to a more heavily edited TOONAMI version and finally finished it's run very early Saturday morning.
Oooohhhhh. Makes sense. I never stayed up late enough for the ASA airings. Does this predate the Midnight Run block? I might keep this avatar for the current week and switch it out again, just made another one. I think I like testing out my transparency skills.

Line_HTX

Saw the 1 minute promo and I think I will definitely be around for Outlaw Star. I've forgotten a few things, but I look forward to the updated HD look.

It would be crazy if he was talking about LWA and didn't realize it, but that's almost definitely wishful thinking.

Maybe, but then Hulu has the streaming rights to MHA so I believe the same principle would still apply since their licensing is why Sailor Moon Crystal and now Blue Exorcist S2 won't air on the block.

Regiruler

It's kind of weird to have all the anticipated shows snatched up.

Mob is one of the few still on the table and the dub wouldn't even be a debut.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick question to those who watch Toonami via Stream: I know the delay is about 10 seconds, but do you ever feel like someone will make a comment on something before said thing happens? I might just be overthinking it since I tend to be a fast typer when I know what it is I want to say, but now that I've cancelled my cable & making the stream my main source to continue watching Toonami with you guys, just wanted to make sure.

Once my 15ft. hdmi cable arrives tomorrow, my setup will be ready to emulate watching Toonami on TV.

Quick question to those who watch Toonami via Stream: I know the delay is about 10 seconds, but do you ever feel like someone will make a comment on something before said thing happens? I might just be overthinking it since I tend to be a fast typer when I know what it is I want to say, but now that I've cancelled my cable & making the stream my main source to continue watching Toonami with you guys, just wanted to make sure.

Once my 15ft. hdmi cable arrives tomorrow, my setup will be ready to emulate watching Toonami on TV.

I sometimes have a comment typed out for something I already know is coming up. I imagine others do this, and sometimes post a few seconds early.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm pretty sure I've done that as well in the past (I'll type a comment for a scene I was looking forward to in one of the 10+ tabs I have ready for making a post so I can make them as close to the event I'm commenting on as possible), but for the time being, I think the only show I might have to worry about something like that happening is HxH.

At the very least, 10 seconds isn't too bad compared to stuff like PS Vue's 30 second delay. I was able to tolerate the delay when I used the stream when Dish lost CN for a month, I'll be able to adapt.

....& hopefully, this'll be the last time I bring this up since I'm sure I've talked about this sort of thing over the last few months.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I know a show inside and out I will sometimes post my joke or reference about a minute early just to mess with people who are streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom