• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
giphy.gif

TheSun

Man, Toonami is gonna show Outlaw Star.
Show was so good. Though I only saw, like, first two episodes when it ran on the Midnight Run, I think.

Also, is it too early to make egg baby jokes?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*goes to Sportclips to get a free haircut*

*gets stylist who talked about Studio Ghibli, Godzilla, & video games*

Well uh, okay, nice to know it's not just "SPORTS, BRO" like the commercials made it out to be.

I'm buying both provided forces doesn't review like '06 or Boom
Same here. I'm not too big on the original character stuff, but if they're trying to use the Generations gameplay, I'm up for more of that style if they know how to improve upon it.

*goes back to waiting for Mania LE to arrive in the mail*

Raxus

*goes to Sportclips to get a free haircut*

*gets stylist who talked about Studio Ghibli, Godzilla, & video games*

Well uh, okay, nice to know it's not just "SPORTS, BRO" like the commercials made it out to be.
Started dating recently and you'd be surprised how geeky most people are when you sit down to talk to them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Started dating recently and you'd be surprised how geeky most people are when you sit down to talk to them.
My friend's been trying to tell me this for a while & that I don't need to worry since things aren't as bad compared to when we were in high school in the late '00s. Only issue now is that I've come to terms with the fact I just have bad self-esteem considering how I was never popular with girls my age combined with how I'm a bit of an introvert.

I'm really only vocal on these forums because I know I'm in a community of friendly/enjoyable people who like the same stuff & I can actually think about what I post/decide if I need to reword something or just not post it at all.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-16/hidive-streams-ushio-and-tora-english-dub/.120196

Looks like Ushio and Tora may have missed its chance to come to the block.
I have never heard of HIDIVE, what the heck is that? Some kind of Crunchyroll competitor?

Raxus

My friend's been trying to tell me this for a while & that I don't need to worry since things aren't as bad compared to when we were in high school in the late '00s. Only issue now is that I've come to terms with the fact I just have bad self-esteem considering how I was never popular with girls my age combined with how I'm a bit of an introvert.

I'm really only vocal on these forums because I know I'm in a community of friendly/enjoyable people who like the same stuff & I can actually think about what I post/decide if I need to reword something or just not post it at all.
As a fellow introvert you gotta fake it til you make it. Do some events. Go to meetup.com and do some events in your area. Check out some events in facebook. I could go on. If you ever want to talk just pm me and I'll lend you an ear.

Back on topic, I am REALLY getting irked by the amount of streaming services popping up like weeds. Streaming is turning into really expensive TV.

Grexeno

"Well maybe Toonami will get X"

*eaten by streaming service"

"Alright can't wait for the long awaited rerun of Samurai 7 at 1 AM"

cntr

Banned
Back on topic, I am REALLY getting irked by the amount of streaming services popping up like weeds. Streaming is turning into really expensive TV.
We're at the "hey this is the big new thing" stage. It happens.

Wait for everything to blow up and for everyone to settle on the big services.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As a fellow introvert you gotta fake it til you make it. Do some events. Go to meetup.com and do some events in your area. Check out some events in facebook. I could go on. If you ever want to talk just pm me and I'll lend you an ear.
Appreciate it. My friend recommend I try a dating site dedicated to "geeks", so maybe that might net me some results. I can usually do fine when the conversation gets going, it's actually getting it started that's the problem for me since sometimes I can't get a read on "is this person going to care/know about stuff I like? I don't want to bug them if they don't..."

"WELL, WE'VE GOT NOTHING ELSE, TIME TO RERUN GXP."

I do wonder what else they have planned for the rerun slot, like after AoT2."

Raxus

*also gets eaten by a streaming service*

"So how do you guys feel about a 4 and a half hour block of Teen Titans Go?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who even has the US rights to that? Last I heard, Bang Zoom dubbed the first episode & showed it in 2013 at Anime Expo & SDCC, but that's it.

cntr

Banned
...hmm, I wonder what the chances are of a dub using the Star Blazers renames.

That'd be hilarious.

Who even has the US rights to that? Last I heard, Bang Zoom dubbed the first episode & showed it in 2013 at Anime Expo & SDCC, but that's it.
I think it was a weird situation where the Japanese company that makes Yamato 2199, Voyager Entertainment, set up a US branch to distribute the show themselves (as 'Star Blazers 2199'). But they didn't go through with it fully, so it's only been officially released up to Episode 6, iirc.

Raxus

Appreciate it. My friend recommend I try a dating site dedicated to "geeks", so maybe that might net me some results. I can usually do fine when the conversation gets going, it's actually getting it started that's the problem for me since sometimes I can't get a read on "is this person going to care/know about stuff I like? I don't want to bug them if they don't..."

I highly encourage watching the TED talk about rejection. It suuuuuuuucks but you harden to it rather quickly. Trust me I know all too well. The flip side is when you do connect to someone then you you forget the rejections almost instantly. Don't pigeon hole yourself into one category either. Think of trying new things and operate out of your comfort zone. If you hate something you hate it but if you like something then it is one more tool to use for the future. When I mention how I like anime and I am a garbage person because of it I also have other interests to make me seem like a normal semi-garbage person.
Now is the perfect time for Macross Frontier.
Has Toonami ever aired Macross in full?

I know it is an indie hit in the community but I rarely see it pop up in the collective conciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom