• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

GVJVuUI.jpg

Episode 69 "Dubious Sensuality"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, and ckohler discuss DeMarco's comment on MHA, Bulma's Tights, 18 is the best Mom, CHARISMA!, creepers, chibi characters, James Bond, Hinata's boobs, and the finale of GiTS: SAC.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode069.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:40 News
0:12:16 Dragonball Super
0:14:59 Dragonball Z Kai
0:21:38 Jojo: Stardust Crusaders
0:30:39 Tokyo Ghoul √a
0:33:40 Hunter x Hunter
0:42:33 Lupin the III
0:46:36 Naruto Shippuden
0:51:13 GiTS
0:53:48 Outlaw Star and Gundam Talk
1:01:24 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Listening to last weeks podcast and still waiting for somebody to joke about Joseph telling Holly about how he copped a peek at her grandmother. Bruhs...somebody could've just simply said stands are inconsistent as fuck.

Someone mentioned vines are the most typical stand for people with Hamon, does that mean Holly is capable of using it?
I'm pretty sure she has the potential, but who would teach her? She doesn't seem naturally aggressive and she doesn't really have a battle spirit, which is why her stand is killing her ass.

caliph95

For The podcast and Super

We do see Bulma' s sister in a spin off manga about jaco by Toriyama

Which is adventures of jaco and tights and a prequel to OG Dragon Ball

Jaco also was sent to kill a certain Saiyan baby

Regiruler

I'm pretty sure she has the potential, but who would teach her? She doesn't seem naturally aggressive and she doesn't really have a battle spirit, which is why her stand is killing her ass.
Ceasar was one of five, right? The math should work out that one of Zeppili's descendents learned Hamon.

caliph95

Pretty much but I'm pretty sure the vines are a family thing and I missed the jojo so spoiler tagging
we see Dio have a vine like stand separate from The World that is probably Jonathan and also leftover from Araki original stand

How does a baby, two of them have a fighting spirit

Ceasar was one of five, right? The math should work out that one of Zeppili's descendents learned Hamon.
I think after Part 2 the Zeppeli clan wants fuck all to do with the Joestars.
Pretty much but I'm pretty sure the vines are a family thing and I missed the jojo so spoiler tagging
we see Dio have a vine like stand separate from The World that is probably Jonathan and also leftover from Araki original stand

How does a baby, two of them have a fighting spirit
You should know better by now then to expect consistently out of Jojo.

caliph95

Pretty sure the Zeppelis
are dead except 7 where it's an alternate universe

And super spoilers for part 7: a zepelli is dead again

Toonaim Podcast speaks about Tokyo Ghoul: "Oh well...like whatever...I don't even know why I watch this every week." This is why I just marathoned that shit in like two days. I need to hear you guys bitch about the TG ending already.

Only the English ones

The American, Italian and Japanese joestars get the best stands
Yeah this makes more sense.
Italian stando is broken as fuck. Shit I think all of the Italian stands are broke as fuck.
Who the heck on the podcast asked if Dio was still a vampire? He's a sexy vampire that can make any being want to fuck him, but he's still a vampire.

Regiruler

The fact that he's staying in a dark place is a reasonably clear indicator that he's still a vampire.

On the subject of Hamon, couldn't Joseph just destroy the flesh bud with a hamon attack? We know hamon can pass through and hit specific targets, and it was demonstrated in-episode that it perishes to it. Is he just too out of practice to risk a procedure like that? Hell he could simply apply it to his fingertips and destroy it from the outside-in.

cntr

Banned
Er, why are you guys spoiling future stuff for no reason? Major things, without even mentioning which part you're spoiling? Just go to the Jojo OT, jeez.

On the subject of Hamon, couldn't Joseph just destroy the flesh bud with a hamon attack? We know hamon can pass through and hit specific targets, and it was demonstrated in-episode that it perishes to it. Is he just too out of practice to risk a procedure like that? Hell he could simply apply it to his fingertips and destroy it from the outside-in.
I think the idea was that it would freak out while being destroyed and kill Kakyoin anyway.

...well, yeah, I'm not sure how pulling it out manually would be better, but that's the logic.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back is a much improved game over the first one, but I would hesitate to call it anything beyond simply okay.

Crash Bandicoot 1 was a game that alternated sharply in quality with a few levels that were simply just nonsense, asking the player to deal with a camera angle that often simply didn't work with the level of precision required in the game. (Especially due Crash's unfortunate habit of landing on a platform seemingly, only to slip off.) Crash 2 by contrast is a much more fair game, with a camera that doesn't seem to actively hate the player, but it's also a game that is basically reskinning the same 6 or 7 levels. You got your straight up platforming levels, you got your running away a boulder/bear levels, and you got your riding a bear/surfboard levels. Oh and the boss fights. That's not to say it's not enjoyable, but it's all rather predictable.

Crash Bandicoot 2 is ideally what a first game in a series would be. The fact that it's the second game is, I think, a pretty good indictment of Crash as a series; like, Crash 2 feels like a bit of a retread if you've played the first one even though it's an improvement in every area.

The first game is bad and I think a lot of the "Crash is Dark Souls" meme just stems from people not wanting to admit that the first game has aged VERY poorly rather than being hard in a way that's intentional and fair

cntr

Banned
podcast stuff: They mentioned that the Lupin III blu-ray with the Japanese OST (and opening?) is going come later the one with the Italian OST, so I'm assuming there might've also been licensing issues with the Japanese OST. That's the reason we didn't get the opening, at least.

It is really hard to spoil Jojo. Even when you know about certain shit it still stays bat shit.
Some of that stuff was pretty unambiguous.

podcast stuff: They mentioned that the Lupin III blu-ray with the Japanese OST (and opening?) is going come later the one with the Italian OST, so I'm assuming there might've also been licensing issues with the Japanese OST. That's the reason we didn't get the opening, at least.

Some of that stuff was pretty unambiguous.
You'll be surprised how much I knew about before reading about it and it still blew my damn mind while reading it. How dare the podcast not mention Machi and Shizuku as good female characters.

I guess because they completely re-scored and touched up some scenes, it's considered a "separate" series. Especially with the different scores, there would different licensing rights involved with each version.

I wonder if the next Lupin will have a French simuldub...

Probably not. With Part IV, Lupin is especially popular in Italy; kind of DBZ in America-level popular. I'm not sure if the same applies to France.

I'm curious if they'll end up making a Zenigata focused movie set in the Woman Called Fujiko Mine universe.

Regiruler

Er, why are you guys spoiling future stuff for no reason? Major things, without even mentioning which part you're spoiling? Just go to the Jojo OT, jeez.

I think the idea was that it would freak out while being destroyed and kill Kakyoin anyway.

...well, yeah, I'm not sure how pulling it out manually would be better, but that's the logic.

A strong enough dose would theoretically kill it before it had any time to react, given it's so small.

I think the real reason was Araki just wanted to show off Star Platinum.

cntr

Banned
podcast stuff: The Pillar Men are like, the vampire versions of their species. Kars' flashback showed him putting on the mask to get his powers, right?

And to be fair to DBS, if Vados can drag the Super Dragonballs across the universe at faster-than-light speeds, then she can definitely just suppress or turn their gravity off.

Probably not. With Part IV, Lupin is especially popular in Italy; kind of DBZ in America-level popular. I'm not sure if the same applies to France.
True, yeah. Would be kind of fun, though.

...you know, I hadn't thought about it before, but they'll definitely touch on stuff from the original Lupin I novels. Huh. That might be fun.

A strong enough dose would theoretically kill it before it had any time to react, given it's so small.

I think the real reason was Araki just wanted to show off Star Platinum.
Oh, definitely.

caliph95

podcast stuff: The Pillar Men are like, the vampire versions of their species. Kars' flashback showed him putting on the mask to get his powers, right?

And to be fair to DBS, if Vados can drag the Super Dragonballs across the universe at faster-than-light speeds, then she can definitely just suppress or turn their gravity off.

True, yeah. Would be kind of fun, though.

...you know, I hadn't thought about it before, but they'll definitely touch on stuff from the original Lupin I novels. Huh. That might be fun.

Oh, definitely.
The Angels can pretty much do whatever they want

And yeah I'm pretty sure the pillar men are vampire and I think the elemental modes are due to the mask

Regiruler

The Angels can pretty much do whatever they want

And yeah I'm pretty sure the pillar men are vampire and I think the elemental modes are due to the mask

I thought they didn't use the mask though? Not until Kars used it with the red stone.

EDIT: cntr says putting on the mask in the flashback, I don't remember anything like that.

caliph95

I thought they didn't use the mask though? Not until Kars used it with the red stone.

EDIT: cntr says putting on the mask in the flashback, I don't remember anything like that.
They did use the mask I can't remember if it was explained in the manga or in the anime but I think it was in a throwaway line which is why I think people forgot about it

The stone is to make them super super vampire instead of just super vampires

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm curious if they'll end up making a Zenigata focused movie set in the Woman Called Fujiko Mine universe.

Lupin has historically been plenty popular in France, for obvious reasons. It's his home turf, after all. The new series was announced at an event in France. They even tried to make a French-Japanese co-production back in the 80s called Lupin VIII that fell through due to the Leblanc estate wanting exorbitant royalties at the time (an episode of that series even exists).

Generally speaking, France is one of the largest anime and manga markets outside of Japan. Probably only the US really competes, at least outside of Asia.

cntr

Banned
Generally speaking, France is one of the largest anime and manga markets outside of Japan. Probably only the US really competes, at least outside of Asia.
France and Italy are also more into the niche and obscure series, while the US was and mostly still is about the action shounen, so you can market a wider range of series to a broader audience. Which makes sense, since comics were always a thing for adults in Europe.

They even have all of Jojo officially translated.

Crocodile

Well its that time of the year again for me. Obligatory:

pNX97wz.jpg

I wish the country/world was in a better place (sigh) but all things considered I can't say I'm in too bad a place right now.

Also cool to see a new podcast uploaded to listen to :)

ckohler

Who the heck on the podcast asked if Dio was still a vampire? He's a sexy vampire that can make any being want to fuck him, but he's still a vampire.

The whole thing with the Piller Men is confusing to me because I get the impression that Dio is just an ordinary (sexy) vampire scrub compaired to the Piller Men who were like demi-gods or something.

cntr

Banned
The whole thing with the Piller Men is confusing to me because I get the impression that Dio is just an ordinary (sexy) vampire scrub compaired to the Piller Men who were like demi-gods or something.
Yeah, he is. He has a stand now, but otherwise, he's just a really smart and skilled normal vampire.

He'd die horribly to the Pillar Men, especially Ultimate Kars. But that's true of Jojo in general. the Pillar Men are some of the strongest characters in the series, and only a handful of characters could maybe beat Ultimate Kars. Jojo just doesn't do Dragonball-style power scaling.

The Pillar Men are nowhere near as good as Dio when it comes to motivating people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom