• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
The Pilaf Gang weren't ever really all that effectual.

Piccolo, though, he isn't just King Piccolo's son, he's his actual reincarnation, and has all his memories and shit. So he's ultimately the same guy.

Morlas

The Pilaf Gang weren't ever really all that effectual.

Piccolo, though, he isn't just King Piccolo's son, he's his actual reincarnation, and has all his memories and shit. So he's ultimately the same guy.
No even from the start its pretty clear Piccolo has a different personality

caliph95

Yeah it's confusing Junior is both a reincarnation and a revival of king especially with having he's powers and abilities as well as his connection with kaminari. He also had the power of people he's killed having their souls be in limbo when he didn't use it kami to it as a sign of him being a Good guy.

He's also he's own dude

Regiruler

I remember I worked a job where a bunch of guys from the WWE came for a show and they were all sitting next to one another and it felt like real life Jojo.

So what is it like being a Jobber?
Oh yeah, a neat little thing: Jojo is heavily based on psychic and horror movie stuff, and the first four stands are all related to standard ESP tropes:

Star Platinum: telekineses (because normal people can't see stands)
Magician's Red: pyrokinesis
Hermit Purple: spirit photographs
Hierophant Green: mind control

It gets a bit less overt later on, but a lot of stands are references to supernatural stuff like this.

Tower of Grey as an aliens reference?
Silver Chariot is the possessed suit of armor thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& then Bulma decided to marry the man who murdered hundreds, if not thousands.

....also that entire planet of bug people, but nobody cares about them.

BBboy20

XBBThCN.jpg

Sega Mania

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gonna wait on Sanic.

Also going to wait on Mario and Rabbid and Pokken DX, though I will definitely buy both.

Going to buy Metroid instead and play a lot of 3DS games in the next few months.

My planned games, roughly in order.

Finish Pokémon Moon (will beat the final boss in an hour or two, intend to have most of the side stuff done by Wednesday)
Finish Pokémon Sun (just some end game stuff I never bothered doing)
Finish Pokémon Red and Blue (need to get the last badge and complete both dexs, should take about a week.
Start Xenoblade Chronicles X over again.
Buy Metroid
Buy Pokémon Gold and Silver
Beat Metroid\
Buy SNES MINI
Beat Pokémon Gold
Beat Xenoblade Chronicles X
Finish Dragon Quest VIII (have about ten hours left)
Finish Luigi's Mansion New Moon
Finish Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS
Buy Mario Odyssey
Finish Mario Odyssey
Buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2

and somewhere in there I want to play FF 6 and finish FF7 another run that petered out most of the way through. This should last me through the year.

Not a ton of purchases though. Just SNES Mini, two VC games, Metroid, Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Rest of 2017 for me is split between...

Day 1 gets:
- Danganronpa V3
- Metroid: Samus Returns
- MvC Infinite
- SNES Mini
- Raiden V on PS4
- Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions
- Super Mario Odyssey

Debating/might wait for a sale/want to try a demo:
- Mario Vs. Rabbids
- Warriors All-Stars
- Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Xenoblade 2
- Sonic Forces
- DJMAX Respect (more of "waiting to hear localization news")
- Yakuza Kiwami (I need to play this or 0 eventually, I want 6's LE for those neat glasses)
- Piczle Lines DX

I'm sure there'll be a few more games confirmed for this year, but I need to wait & see what my budget is like along with what I'm in the mood for (I can't play 2 musou games so close to each other). Nov. & Dec are the two months I have no idea what I'm getting since there's not much confirmed at the moment, plus Sept. has 3 birthdays I need to buy for)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Forgot about the Superstar Saga remake. I guess I'll buy that and marathon the series next year.

There's also Etrian Odyssey V and the other Atlus titles next year for 3DS. Hopefully DQ XI as well. Also a PS4 title here and there as they go on sale. I may have other platforms but damn am I hitched to a 3DS for a long ass time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You could easily make a quiz on if a Stand name is real or not. It'd lead to some hilarious "wait, SERIOUSLY?!' moments, especially from the latest ongoing Jojo.

Even better, throw in the name changes that Namco &/or Crunchyroll made.

caliph95

XmOVwehQOPTBKSku1Zy5h9j50bsvmAMSQeBIvc_IloP4llEmodcHQlq_pYP6NWF1B-DQz4U3FWt8UPUiPiNSfb3vJuzX7oADxjgyYASR1NC2iorYovyGWQ=w500-h281-nc

Cool Stando names really isn't a thing yet because of the forced tarot connection.
I love seeing the early stands in hindsight
You could easily make a quiz on if a Stand name is real or not. It'd lead to some hilarious "wait, SERIOUSLY?!' moments, especially from the latest ongoing Jojo.

It won't even be a spoiler

cntr

Banned
Right now, stands are going to be named after tarot, and the characters are musical references, so:

Jotaro and Kakyoin aren't named after anyone,
Avdol is a reference to Paula Abdul,
Grey Fly, the Tower of Gray user, is named after Glenn Frey, somehow,
Enya is named after...Enya,
and Polnareff is named after Michel Polnareff.

(i know the last two technically aren't named yet, but)

even if he listens to a lot of music, Araki making 2010s pop references felt like some really surreal shit for some reason

Regiruler

Tower of Gray might be a general reference to mysterious accidents and crashes, I think.

Good point on Silver Chariot, hadn't thought of that before.
Well, that's what it does as an end result, but I don't really that's a strong design reference point for the stand itself.

No one ever told me Crash gets a firearm in Crash Bandicoot 3.

It took a mere three games for the Crash series to reach the zenith of the Sonic franchise.

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

cntr

Banned
The only real difference is that
Lusamine is being brainwashed and Ragyo just really loves alien clothes.
It took me a while to figure out the joke they were going for, but it's pretty great how
Kill la Kill didn't have any important message or moral at the end, simply "clothes are evil aliens".

Far as games I already have Yakuza Kiwami and Mario + Rabbids pre-ordered and those will be coming for August.

September: Metroid: Samus Returns (need to pay it off) and Danganronpa V3.

October: Axiom Verge (Standard Editon on Switch), Superbeat: Xonic (Switch) and Super Mario Odyssey. (Maybe Monster Hunter Stories...)

The only two games I have after are Chaos;Child and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (don't have dates right now).

I want to get a SNES Mini, but I don't want to obsess over getting it. Pokken is a wait since I already got it on Wii U and I need to beat it (near the end). Might get a Pokken controller though since I never got one. Same with Superstar Saga remake... Most likely, my brother is getting FE Warriors and Wolfenstein. I might get some other stuff between indies and sales and such, but this is my most likely out-look. November looks more barren than ever this year since there's usually big releases.

cntr

Banned
I mostly play indie games nowadays, but don't have any money to get anything new right now. Most interested in Pyre, definitely gonna get that once I have the funds.

still have a pretty big backlog to start and finish though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom