• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Seda Right Now:

aWg0THL.gif

ckohler

I mean, he's literally sleeping with all of them. That feels like it can't get much more fanservice-y. Had he treated them all like sisters instead of wives then it would match up well, but as it's currently done all I can think is this guy is the end result of some harem romcom where the writer couldn't make up his mind.

The logistic reality of a harem is hard for me to accept (seems like there would be fighting/jealously, etc) but I guess harems like this have existed before to a lesser degree so I suppose this is plausible.

Maybe those women like Naze enough to reciprocate him with affection and in turn he gives them "a family" to belong to and (I would assume) a satisfying life complete with room-and-board, three meals, etc. It's the future after all. The concept of the traditional family could have gone out the window?

My point is, I'm not sure it's as much fanservice-y to me as it is more of some kind of weird repeating of history when big harems used to exist... except now IN SPACE!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I mean, he's literally sleeping with all of them. That feels like it can't get much more fanservice-y. Had he treated them all like sisters instead of wives then it would match up well, but as it's currently done all I can think is this guy is the end result of some harem romcom where the writer couldn't make up his mind.

Yeah, but how is putting a female a "fan" might find attractive into a relationship with male "competition" more fanservicey than putting them into a relationship where no man is included, and all one's fantasies about their sexy life is just a mess of a buffet of T&A? Wanting to see a bunch of women get it on between themselves is generally a peanut gallery-style lusty desire, regardless of if the characters are hetero or homosexual.

"They're all taken, and they're all happily devoted to one man!" is more of an anti-boner set-up, I'd think. And the fact that any suggestion that someone else might be good too, was met with "Yeah, but DARLING is the best!" also seems like anti-service.

Looking up more about Harems in general, I do wonder about the hierarchy of his now. Amida is said to be his "Primary wife", Lafter is just a "girlfriend", I wonder if some of the women are less bed-buddies, and more nannies and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom