• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
rVORL9l.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I beat the EO V demo today. Might clean it up later by fighting the second FOE and getting some better equipment.

I already know I'm going to love this game more than IV or III. I like races a hell of a lot better than sub classes and can't wait to dive into the divided tree. The new classes are all great, even better than IV which also had a bunch of nicely balanced, slightly odd takes on the old classics. V is a bit more straightforward but not much, and you can see how these classes work together. Necromancer and Dragoons are definite standouts from the fun department.

@first gif
That reminds me, there was a little scene in Yorknew which the anime omitted wherein Gon and Killua challenge each other to see who can earn more money, and Killua ends up losing it all in gambling. So, his gambling addiction is somewhat of a recurrent joke

By this week's episode I think they finally cool down a bit when it comes to skipping out the moments

Morlas

So I beat the EO V demo today. Might clean it up later by fighting the second FOE and getting some better equipment.

I already know I'm going to love this game more than IV or III. I like races a hell of a lot better than sub classes and can't wait to dive into the divided tree. The new classes are all great, even better than IV which also had a bunch of nicely balanced, slightly odd takes on the old classics. V is a bit more straightforward but not much, and you can see how these classes work together. Necromancer and Dragoons are definite standouts from the fun department.

I've been wondering how the stories are in the latest ones and the remakes, i know the old ones are very light on story elements and Persona Q was fun to me partially because i enjoyed the character banter so much

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been wondering how the stories are in the latest ones and the remakes, i know the old ones are very light on story elements and Persona Q was fun to me partially because i enjoyed the character banter so much
They added anime as hell story modes to the EO1 and 2 remakes. The banter is very much YMMV but the constant Canada jokes in EOU1 won me over.

3 and especially 4 are heavy on the story by comparison.

cntr

Banned
I've only watched season 1 and only know bits about season 2, so I'll be going in mostly fresh. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Is Mika still stroked out and can't use anything on his right side in the second season?
It's only his arm and eye, but yup. They work when he's in Barbatos, though.
Thought you watched the first season? The second season is pretty damn good, but even the first season with its problems is still a significant upgrade from Unicorn.
Yeah. Even back when Season 1 was running, everybody was comparing Mikazuki and Tekkadan to characters like Banagher and Setsuna and how he was so much better.

cntr

Banned
^ gasp!

I post on my phone but it never gave me the option. I am using an ancient note 4 tho.
Oh, yeah, that's weird. Probably because it's old, yeah.

But you can still look them up on a website and copy-paste them in, there's a ton of those. You'll need an emoji font, though,

Xe4

Banned
So non jokingly: As far as GIFs go, I think they're fine most of the time (and I post a number of GIFs in here as well), but when it's like a whole page of one GIF post after another, most completely unrelated to Toonami it does get a little annoying.

IMO, of course.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
loophole: we can still post webms

So non jokingly. As far as GIFs go. I think they're fine most of the time, but when it's like a whole page of one GIF post after another, most completely unrelated to Toonami it does get a little annoying.

IMO, of course.
This is how I feel. If you're posting it as a reaction/response to something or a "haha this happened in a show", then that's fine, but when it feels like it's just being posted for the sake of being posted, it kind of gets annoying since it doesn't feel like an actual discussion is being had, just spamming.

but when it feels like it's just being posted for the sake of being posted, it kind of gets annoying since it doesn't feel like an actual discussion is being had, just spamming.

Which is why Seda is probably soft-banning them for now so we have to talk to eachother, with words and sentences.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
remember guys

emojis are the most important form of communication ever invented

not the telephone or the internet.

Raxus

I only talk to people through emoji in real life. Though I do get a lot of stares when I winky face and do the kissing gesture. Don't get me started when I go to the grocery store to buy eggplant.

This post was sponsored by the Emoji Movie....about as funny....as this post. Out on DVD soon.

Mizerman

I only talk to people through emoji in real life. Though I do get a lot of stares when I winky face and do the kissing gesture. Don't get me started when I go to the grocery store to buy eggplant.

This post was sponsored by the Emoji Movie....about as funny....as this post. Out on DVD soon.

Still can't believe that the Emoji Movie exist, much less made money.

Tenumi

Banned
So non jokingly: As far as GIFs go, I think they're fine most of the time (and I post a number of GIFs in here as well), but when it's like a whole page of one GIF post after another, most completely unrelated to Toonami it does get a little annoying.

IMO, of course.

loophole: we can still post webms

This is how I feel. If you're posting it as a reaction/response to something or a "haha this happened in a show", then that's fine, but when it feels like it's just being posted for the sake of being posted, it kind of gets annoying since it doesn't feel like an actual discussion is being had, just spamming.

This is probably better than any way I could have put it.

Jarate

Banned
🇦🇳🇮🇲🇪◽️🇮🇸◽️🇮🇱🇱🇪🇬🇦🇱

Top Bottom