• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Not saying dbz has a high bar it's why I think few characters in super is better than a lot of z
It's why I'm surprised Super is as popular as it is. It's middling in my opinion. I can watch it but it doesn't really engage me mentally. The Super thread is just a circle jerk to me

Morlas

It's why I'm surprised Super is as popular as it is. It's middling in my opinion. I can watch it but it doesn't really engage me mentally. The Super thread is just a circle jerk to me

really? they complain about a ton of stuff in there....ya know except for the special that just happened...
it was so good

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Dragon Ball Super isn't really a thing until I see middle aged men wearing Hawaiian shirts with SSJ Blue Goku flexing on them.

Morlas

I see complaints but it's mostly power level shit. It's just not my thing anymore. I don't know why that thing is on OT8.

because it's fun to talk about imo....there's time in my life for smart shows, and there's time in my life where i just wanna watch goku punch shit....
HunterxHunter is good but i still prefer Dragon Ball overall

HStallion

DB Super still feels like the DBZ fan fiction I would have written in middle school. Its a lot better now but its basically the cotton candy of the anime world. Gets you excited but there's not much there of any substance.

There's not much of an argument to be honest. I really don't look at DBZ as this holy ground for good villains. It mostly Jojo and HxH villains these days.

JJBA has good villains? Like who, they are all so forgettable. I mean there was Dio but beyond that no one speaks of anyone else.

HxH is one to disagree with too, only Bomber is notable the rest, awful execution from the incompetent writer.

I think you probably meant to say BLeach and Naruto for villains, everyone remembers Aizan, Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, and Lord Orochimaru, and Pain, and etc.

HStallion

JJBA has good villains? Like who, they are all so forgettable. I mean there was Dio but beyond that no one speaks of anyone else.

HxH is one to disagree with too, only Bomber is notable the rest, awful execution from the incompetent writer.

I think you probably meant to say BLeach and Naruto for villains, everyone remembers Aizan, Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, and Lord Orochimaru, and Pain, and etc.

a0c.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Sometimes I can't tell if d t l is a dedicated troll or has shit taste based on boy love

He's a character. Figuratively or literally, I don't know.

JoJo Part 4 spoilers:
I was actually surprised with how good Kira was as an antagonist considering he didn't really make an appearance until halfway through or longer. I easily was able to hate him once the plot started moving, which to me is essential for a great villain.

Sometimes I can't tell if d t l is a dedicated troll or has shit taste based on boy love

i mean, when he without fail comes in with the worst take even when it's unrelated to yaoi stuff it seems pretty obvious he's a troll

this dude even comes in here talking up music that everyone is shitting on sometimes

I'll give DTL credit he has his DTL account on many websites, posts the same way across all of them, and backs up his fandom with tons of merch purchases.

These Berserk movies look a lot better in hind sight

Outside of the bad CGI from the first one, I thought they were pretty solid. I know a lot of people are down on them for cutting a lot of content, but the plus side was the actual scale of the battles was top notch.

Shame they bombed at the box office, because apparently the plan was to adapt the rest of the manga as a film series.

And instead we got...

6c3.gif

That's not even the best gif...
apostle-transform2.gif

I mean that's a pretty good list of villains from DTL and I don't think any of the Jim Jam ones are that great.
I heard Aizen was shit, Orochimaru stopped being a good villain after the first show finished and I don't think I've even heard of the others. Kishi didn't even stick the landing on Pain.

Zubz

Banned

Have I not been complaining about how a certain character has been treated in recent episodes? Because if not, I'm willing to do it more.

Dragon Ball Super isn't really a thing until I see middle aged men wearing Hawaiian shirts with SSJ Blue Goku flexing on them.

If they sell that shirt somewhere, I'm buying it.

BlastCore

Banned
Outside of the bad CGI from the first one, I thought they were pretty solid. I know a lot of people are down on them for cutting a lot of content, but the plus side was the actual scale of the battles was top notch.

Shame they bombed at the box office, because apparently the plan was to adapt the rest of the manga as a film series.

And instead we got...

6c3.gif

oh man, I love Tekken 3!

Berserk 2016/17 is the most Monkey's Paw shit ever. I actually would rather have nothing.
They grabbed a bunch of people that new nothing about the 3D medium, gave them no budget and no time to even do this thing. I think the last ep was even turned in late. The whole thing is laughable and made me buy the manga so I could enjoy Berserk in it's proper form again...and wash the taste of that bullshit out of my head. That shitty ass anime fucked up so many good scenes. How the fuck you going to let a scene where some dude transforms into a giant crystal fucking dragon and have it be "meh."

I watched Baby Driver (got the Blu-Ray since I had $21.75 in credit at Vintage Stock and wanted to get the movie anyway) recently and that is definitely one of my favorite, if not my favorite, films I've seen this year that has come out.

I could definitely tell it was an Edgar Wright film (love his films). Such a great film. I definitely recommend watching it if you can.

Top Bottom