• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I thought it was bad then and find it unplayable now. Can't stand how it controls at all.

I guess its one of those games that everyone had serious issues with but I just kind of adjusted and never noticed. I think I beat the Meat Circus level in only a couple tries after hearing what a nightmare it was.

Morlas

my god dragon ball super spoilers
i really really wish people would shut up about the Growly Goku black voice from Xenoverse 2, that's not how it's going to be in the show goddamnit. sean already said so, so why are you still latched on to that when it's been explained multiple times.

HStallion

The voice acting is better in the English dub anyway. Then again I was never a fan of several characters voices in Japanese even back in DBZ.

my god dragon ball super spoilers
i really really wish people would shut up about the Growly Goku black voice from Xenoverse 2, that's not how it's going to be in the show goddamnit. sean already said so, so why are you still latched on to that when it's been explained multiple times.
Because I don't follow Twitter and I haven't played Xenoverse 2 and yesterday was my first time hearing about it unless someone else is discussing that in the thread again today since I dropped that subject yesterday. I checked...god fucking dammit Slaythe...

Morlas

Because I don't follow Twitter and I haven't played Xenoverse 2 and yesterday was my first time hearing about it unless someone else is discussing that in the thread again today since I dropped that subject yesterday.

not you
i know that was the only time you brought it up, but the same people keep bringing it up again and again in the super thread and it's sooooo annoying

Jarate

Banned
Witcher 3 is a ten out of ten in every area besides, you know, the one thing you do for 90% of the game, combat. Which is a generous four.

Psychonauts is the same way, its an all time great story game, one of the few truly funny video games. It's platforming is about a two, and you spend most of the game doing that.

The expansions actually have some really good encounter design that really makes the game feel a lot better.

I enjoyed The Witcher 3 a lot more then Fallout 4, I'd say Fallout 4 had the better combat systems, but nothing was of importance within the game world that it felt dull.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
meanwhile in japan.

DJvZ8qcUMAAyq7r.jpg

i'll take this dragon ball....& EAT IT

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That voice I've never heard is so awful though, I'm sure he's going to use it in the dub despite saying he won't just because all dubs are garbage.

The expansions actually have some really good encounter design that really makes the game feel a lot better.

I enjoyed The Witcher 3 a lot more then Fallout 4, I'd say Fallout 4 had the better combat systems, but nothing was of importance within the game world that it felt dull.

Fallout 4 is so dull. It's basically turned into slightly better looking/playing Borderlands.

That voice I've never heard is so awful though, I'm sure he's going to use it in the dub despite saying he won't just because all dubs are garbage.

Fallout 4 is so dull. It's basically turned into slightly better looking/playing Borderlands.
The HxH, Bebop and Black Lagoon dubs are great.

Morlas

you know what
at this point i almost want them to use the growly voice until right before he transforms to rose the first time, kinda like he's had fun acting as 'evil goku' but he's ready to drop all pretense and show them who he really is, just for the salt

Seda

Now this is generalizing and I understand that, so this doesn't apply to every individual.

I feel like the Dragon Ball Super dub works to make the show a little bit more comedic in nature, and I think a lot of the people watching in this thread appreciate that. It feels a little more like Dragon Ball and less like Z. So even in arcs like the Frieza Rebirth or whatever, we get amusing dialogue between Goku and Frieza and Vegeta or whatever that ups the levity and makes it at least a little fun to watch even if the storyline/animation are poor. People in the Super thread tend to be a bit more concerned with the story beats and plot elements and seem to take the show a bit more seriously. Comedy tends to work better for a viewer's native language anyway (unless it is very physical/slapstick comedy).

So when we get things like a robo-voiced robot, several of the viewers in here are viewing in more in the frame of a comedic show and "ah, it's a silly robot with a silly robot voice LOL he got his fees fees hurt", while others literally said the character was "ruined". It's actually an interesting divisiness imo.

you know what
at this point i almost want them to use the growly voice until right before he transforms to rose the first time, kinda like he's had fun acting as 'evil goku' but he's ready to drop all pretense and show them who he really is, just for the salt
I'd rather them not since then you"ll never hear end of it.

Morlas

Now this is generalizing and I understand that, so this doesn't apply to every individual.

I feel like the Dragon Ball Super dub works to make the show a little bit more comedic in nature, and I think a lot of the people watching in this thread appreciate that. It feels a little more like Dragon Ball and less like Z. So even in arcs like the Frieza Rebirth or whatever, we get amusing dialogue between Goku and Frieza and Vegeta or whatever that ups the levity and makes it at least a little fun to watch even if the storyline/animation are poor. People in the Super thread tend to be a bit more concerned with the story beats and plot elements and seem to take the show a bit more seriously. Comedy tends to work better for a viewer's native language anyway (unless it is very physical/slapstick comedy).

So when we get things like a robo-voiced robot, several of the viewers in here are viewing in more in the frame of a comedic show and "ah, it's a silly robot with a silly robot voice LOL he got his fees fees hurt", while others literally said the character was "ruined". It's actually an interesting divisiness imo.

The thing about Maggeta though is he was never a very serious character in the first place, and his voice in the japanese version was basically him using an onomatopoeia for a steam engine as the only thing he says, his character is almost entirely his physical actions, so saying that funimation's way of dubbing him ruins his character makes no sense to me

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
moar liek dragging on zzzzzzzz

...but really, it seems the people who complain about Super's dub &/or tone being too "silly" probably haven't seen or aren't fond of the original Dragon Ball & only accept super serious DBZ tone, which is NOT what Super's aiming for. Hell, that's not what Battle of Gods was aiming for, which I'm glad because that's easily the best DB movie.

Complaining that the robot character now has a robot voice that says robot sounds "ruins" the robot character makes absolutely no sense & it seems clear some of the people who make that claim are again not accepting the comedic tone Super is trying to go for. & this is a character who FARTS to attack at one point, I don't think the character was meant to be taken seriously in the first place.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Toriyama is a much better comedian (most of the time) than he is a storyteller & it's why Super, despite pacing problems, tends to be the better show over Z because a serious show with plotholes is way more noticeable & annoying than a silly show with plotholes.

Line_HTX

Pretty sure I slept well enough long enough. I'm in Japan's time zone but stopping in Taipei first. I love when flights are 40 minutes ahead of schedule.

Good thing I made sure to set IBO S2 and Outlaw Star to record all.

As a HUGE fan of Fallout 3, 4 bummed me out a bit (most of which had to do with the overwhelming absolute bombardment of infinite side quests before even hitting Diamond City). I never even finished Skyrim for the same reason: It became too much grinding.

I need to pick up Witcher 3 one of these days.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vash's logic is pretty much why he's a walking patchwork.

I'm going to cover the rest of the series (I've got a ton of vacation time coming up and I'm back on track with gaming) but if you really look at how the series turns out

Vash says he isn't going to blindly follow Rem's words anymore...but still does his normal cripple and bandage up his very dangerous brother before dragging him away. He's still a pacifist at heart who is going to keep on doing this to help out the people around him until the day he dies, he's just going to also live his life as well.

HStallion

I really need to read the Trigun Manga. I actually started it after watching the anime well over a decade ago and was so confused about why it totally veers off course after a short amount of time. There was a trans lady with a giant airship and a coffin that wasn't even in the anime or the other members of Wolfwood's sect.

I'm going to cover the rest of the series (I've got a ton of vacation time coming up and I'm back on track with gaming) but if you really look at how the series turns out

Vash says he isn't going to blindly follow Rem's words anymore...but still does his normal cripple and bandage up his very dangerous brother before dragging him away. He's still a pacifist at heart who is going to keep on doing this to help out the people around him until the day he dies, he's just going to also live his life as well.
I guess
had he been under mind control from Legatto he would have shot Knives.
Vash isn't a murder...nothing's changing that.

zulux21

Better than trying to read and losing your mind in the Super thread. I don't know how Kagari does it.

I like to visit the super thread from time to time, but I watch super with a friend so am often days late, and then they are off on some weird tangent by then.

Jarate

Banned
This thread needs more hot takes

Hot take:

Curly fries should be the standardized fry at places, it is the best fry. (The waffle fry is a close second)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
waffle fries are a lie, they taste nothing like waffles

& who combines waffles and chicken, that's just weird

know what else is weird, the first 90 seconds of "a sister's all you need"

because those 90 seconds are all you need to see of that anime

anime be weird, yo

what are we talking about again

zulux21

This thread needs more hot takes

Hot take:

Curly fries should be the standardized fry at places, it is the best fry. (The waffle fry is a close second)

Hot take:
you are wrong. While the flavor of the curly fries are the best, the curled nature of them leaves a lot of empty room in the middle, meaning overall you will have a lot of wasted space when you buy fries from fry places.

instead normal shaped fries or even wedges seasoned like curly fries are the best fries :p

Jarate

Banned
The waffle is reference to the waffle cut of the fry, and not the flavor.

Chicken and Waffles is good, but I think it's overrated personally. You need the right ingredients for it to work.

I already have Neo Yokio to watch, no way in hell im watching that garbage.

We're talking about mutherfucking anime in here

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Curly fries stopped keeping up with regular fries after they merged with seasoned fries, it's a shame.

We thought poutine could join the ranks but they've been sidelined whenever they get the chance to headline, it's a damn shame.

Also why are crinkle cuts even in the tournament? They were the world's strongest fries at the beginning of the series but even tater tots are literally a million times stronger in power levels. This is bullshit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hot take is a weird term

what would be a cold take

also what are you taking that is hot

opinions can't be hot or cold, they're not physical objects to which can have temperature applied to them

Top Bottom