• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nert

You guys who are complaining about this speech are so wrong.

I complained that none of the energy plans he's outlined will come close to having the impact that a proper carbon tax (or cap and trade system) would have. If the retort to that is "Congress would never pass a carbon tax," that doesn't mean that I'm excited by anything that Obama said tonight.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
well roundedness does not support the family or pay the bills. Dude I spent the last decade working in a University and work currently in a Community College, the Community College is winning on who is worth more to America and I have 2 degrees that make me "well rounded" according to you

"well roundedness" is the purpose of a university education. It's not intended to be exclusively for job training. Again, very few of the degrees offered by universities require 4 years to train in the field for.

If you have 2 degrees you very well SHOULD be more well rounded than someone who went to trade school for 18 months. If you aren't, then I don't know what the hell you were doing with your time there.

Again, this is about options. These things are not under dispute:

1.) we have a shortage of skilled tradesmen.

2.) our best and brightest are being actively steered away from trade schools- instead those who struggle in high school are directed there- a poor fit for manufacturing jobs that need intelligent, highly skilled people to operate things like CNC machines.

So why not encourage universities to offer training in the trades, alongside traditional coursework? Literally every student who goes to a 4 year university isn't given the option of even finding out about them, unless they want to drop out.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Fuck you Iran.

And now to the other side of the world.

Silent fuck you to China.

Woah, I dunno if our moral superiority is back. Hold up, Barry.

I know this is a totally different venue than the GOP debates, but the difference between Obama's pie-in-the-sky ideas and theirs is massive. LOL at the idea that there is no difference between Obama and Romney.

What pie in the sky ideas? Passing a 90 day appointment rule when the filibuster is the real problem. Taxing the rich without reform so he can sponsor his pet projects? There wasn't a single proposal here that wasn't pandering. If he is going to get blocked on every turn, he might as well speak the ideal and get blocked on that.

He can't, because he's an ideological hack who believes dividing american mainstream politics by two and running on that platform leads to good results. It doesn't.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
It's a pointless agency. It's entire mission can be accomplished by existing agencies. It is a waste of money.
What existing agencies would that be? Serious question, I'm not American so I don't know.

Personally I think it's better to have many agencies that do a specific task instead of a few who do many tasks. Jack of all trades master of none etc. But i guess that depends on general political beliefs.

This bit about no other country telling America that they're weaker, all I could think of was The Emperor's New Clothes

the+emperor%27s+new+clothes.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
State of the Union didn't get its own thread? All-encompassing megathread syndrome strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom