• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ibyYvLLTmKqU5w.gif

vareon

That's all well and good, but Gaim is out, meaning they should be on Fourze SICs already. But noooooooooo, still OOOs.

All Sonic Arrow, all the time.

My friend actually interviewed Tamashii people when they were in our country. They seem reluctant to answer whether or not SIC Fourze is coming, citing the usual suspects of "low interest". Looks like they plan to extend some of the previous lines first. They gave the same reaction when he asked what about Hibiki Figuarts :[

What we forgot to ask is what about the SIC Kiwami Tamashii line, which seems to have stopped :[

My friend actually interviewed Tamashii people when they were in our country. They seem reluctant to answer whether or not SIC Fourze is coming, citing the usual suspects of "low interest". Looks like they plan to extend some of the previous lines first. They gave the same reaction when he asked what about Hibiki Figuarts :[

What we forgot to ask is what about the SIC Kiwami Tamashii line, which seems to have stopped :[

That a shame. I collect full-size SIC for the design that really capture me, but I get all the main Heisei Riders in Kiwami.

I'll probably buy the new SIC Ichigo and Ratorata whenever they release it this year, but I liked being behind by a single year. If they want to skip Fourze, I'll be sad, but Wizard is too good a design to not SIC.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Gaim Kachidoki Arms Lock...you can see a picture of the form's faceplate in the Lock...

8gI5lbB.jpg

alvmew

lol sprsk's wallet.

hmmm does gaimu have more than 1 belt or are all the rider belts the same?

Two belts so far - the riders from the first part of the show all use Sengoku Drivers (with each one having a faceplate showing its user), while the new ones all use the Genesis Drivers (with no differences between them).

vareon

That a shame. I collect full-size SIC for the design that really capture me, but I get all the main Heisei Riders in Kiwami.

I'll probably buy the new SIC Ichigo and Ratorata whenever they release it this year, but I liked being behind by a single year. If they want to skip Fourze, I'll be sad, but Wizard is too good a design to not SIC.

Aaaaaand SIC Wizard in 2014 confirmed. Looks kind of cool actually.

999133_10201972587048705_356624318_n.jpg

shaowebb

Aaaaaand SIC Wizard in 2014 confirmed. Looks kind of cool actually.

999133_10201972587048705_356624318_n.jpg

God I loved Wizard's suits , theme, and the early action sequences. Too bad it was nearly 30 episodes plus of filler though. So much potential on a story that never developed its lead character.

On the flipside Gaim is the most ridiculous theme I've heard of yet from a Rider series since Amazon...and yet its amazingly good. Never gonna stop being blown away by that. Hope some folks have gif-ed out some of these fights lately for the new OT for this year. Baron's Mango transformation is a big seller to the uninitiated on this show managing to be badass.

WillyFive

God I loved Wizard's suits , theme, and the early action sequences. Too bad it was nearly 30 episodes plus of filler though. So much potential on a story that never developed its lead character.

On the flipside Gaim is the most ridiculous theme I've heard of yet from a Rider series since Amazon...and yet its amazingly good. Never gonna stop being blown away by that. Hope some folks have gif-ed out some of these fights lately for the new OT for this year. Baron's Mango transformation is a big seller to the uninitiated on this show managing to be badass.

ibl7LwgyK2xPYw.gif

Baron has the best suits.

NeonZ

Unless he shatters the Gokai buster over his knee it will still be shit.

The director is different this time, so maybe the action scenes won't be so lazy. He directed Den-O Episode Yellow. OOO Wonderful, the Go-Busters solo movie and Go-Busters vs Gokaiger.

Yonemura, the usual writer, is back again though. On the other hand, he did write Episode Yellow while working with this director.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Rumors are saying we might get Kamen Rider X's actor, too.

And I would be shocked if we didn't get Tetsuo Kurata/Black (RX) as well. Also I saw a recent video of Super-1's actor doing the henshin pose, and he looked like he could still pull it off as well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Really excited for Fujioka's return. Shame it's in what's probably going to be a bad movie instead of the pretty solid Let's Go Kamen Riders.

Did...did you see a different Let's Go Kamen Riders than I did? Because the one I saw was basically the single worst Heisei Kamen Rider movie I've ever seen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I read that Saban's deal with Nickelodeon extends to 2016.
Does this mean that we'll get two seasons of Go-Busters starting next year? Or will Nickelodeon stop being stupid assholes and allow 40 episodes seasons so 2016 will have Kyoryuger?

Did...did you see a different Let's Go Kamen Riders than I did? Because the one I saw was basically the single worst Heisei Kamen Rider movie I've ever seen.

The obligatory "every suit shows up, yells their name and attacks once" scene was crap and the Rider Kamehameha/Riders in the sky stuff was goofy but I liked the core story. It was fun.

WillyFive

Let's Go Kamen Rider was the first Kamen Rider thing I ever saw; so my memories of it are probably irrelevant; but it did feel like a cinematic movie, especially with that scene with all the extras.

I read that Saban's deal with Nickelodeon extends to 2016.
Does this mean that we'll get two seasons of Go-Busters starting next year? Or will Nickelodeon stop being stupid assholes and allow 40 episodes seasons so 2016 will have Kyoryuger?

Who knows.

They might even start with Go-Busters, and have them upgrade to dinosaur powers! (that would be interesting to see)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The obligatory "every suit shows up, yells their name and attacks once" scene was crap and the Rider Kamehameha/Riders in the sky stuff was goofy but I liked the core story. It was fun.

The whole thing absolutely falls apart due to the time travel story being handled SUPER poorly. By the end, they're ostensibly back in OOO's timeline, but they never corrected the altered past, so Shocker had been in power for 40 years. And it just ends like that. They don't reset the world back to status quo, so we're presumably left with a world that has suffered 40 years of Shocker ravages.

And speaking of 40 years, when Ichigo says "We only pretended to be working for Shocker!", they don't address that apparently Ichigo and Nigo pretended to work for Shocker for 40 YEARS. So what atrocities did they commit in 40 years all in the name of eventually bringing Shocker down waaaaaaaaaaay in the future when the Den-Liner crew finally showed back up?

There's so many absolutely stupid time-travel related plotholes in that movie that it makes the Decade movies look like well-planned masterpieces by comparison.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let's Go Kamen Rider was the first Kamen Rider thing I ever saw; so my memories of it are probably irrelevant; but it did feel like a cinematic movie, especially with that scene with all the extras.

Who knows.

They might even start with Go-Busters, and have them upgrade to dinosaur powers! (that would be interesting to see)

I'm kind of hoping they avoid that though...
I guess I'm just jaded that the Gokaiger team won't be a separate group, just an extension of Megaforce. Especially since the Megaforce Rangers are duuuuuullllllllllllllll (especially Troy, who's more robotic than Robo Knight).

Who knows... maybe Nickelodeon will finally see that nobody watches their channel outside of a few shows and learn to improve (almost all their live-action stuff is cancelled really quickly).

jwk94

Who knows.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Powered Custom suits to be used in Super Gobusters?

The whole thing absolutely falls apart due to the time travel story being handled SUPER poorly. By the end, they're ostensibly back in OOO's timeline, but they never corrected the altered past, so Shocker had been in power for 40 years. And it just ends like that. They don't reset the world back to status quo, so we're presumably left with a world that has suffered 40 years of Shocker ravages.

And speaking of 40 years, when Ichigo says "We only pretended to be working for Shocker!", they don't address that apparently Ichigo and Nigo pretended to work for Shocker for 40 YEARS. So what atrocities did they commit in 40 years all in the name of eventually bringing Shocker down waaaaaaaaaaay in the future when the Den-Liner crew finally showed back up?

There's so many absolutely stupid time-travel related plotholes in that movie that it makes the Decade movies look like well-planned masterpieces by comparison.

Also that kid grew up and became Isao Sasaki apparently

Top Bottom