• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii & PS3 kiosks pics leaked...?

MutFox

Banned
8bit said:
I don't think the PS3 kiosk is actually that tall, it's bad perspective on the image.
Why wouldn't it be that tall?
It's made for mature users...
And we all know mature users aren't kids...

123rl

Fallout-NL said:

Iseewhatyoudidthere2.jpg

jax (old)

Banned
8bit said:
I don't think the PS3 kiosk is actually that tall, it's bad perspective on the image.

adc_ggt_ring_728x90.gif

its also probably not like supertall. whatever you'd think, the height is great for a crowd to gather and watch. its also good to help limit hoggers of demo kiosk (if the neck pain thing comes through...:lol )

I reckon they've scaled the pics to make them the same height. I reckon the PS3 is a bit shorter and fatter than pictured, and the pic has a strange angle to it, look at the base it's at a bit of a higher angle, both tvs should be at about the same height, maybe?

Wollan

I just had a weird feeling Sony wouldn't be able to get together a stand before release so it's nice to see it's coming. And again, everything regarding it's promotion is oval and red.

Really bored at work so I've done a little diagram of perspective

kioskjp3.jpg

Wii image is about 11degrees difference between top at bottom of unit, nice perspective as the top of the unit is practically horizontal.

PS3 image about 31degrees difference between top and bottom of unit, horrible skewed image as the top of the unit is 11degrees down from left to right wheras the bottom is 20 degrees up from left to right, like a strange fisheye-like image.

Conclusion you can't take anything from these pictures except for the colours, the scale has got to be all wrong or the guy used some strange camera to take the picture. To reitterate I'm bored.

medrew

Why does the wii have a baby blue racing strip?

And why does that ps3 kiosk, umm, exist in that current form at all? PS3 loses next gen kisok race.

medrew

Yeah, but isn't the drive slot an LED dark blue?
Don't know what colour would look best with that design, but at least they didn't go with the blood red.

Hyoushi

travisbickle said:
Really bored at work so I've done a little diagram of perspective

kioskjp3.jpg

Wii image is about 11degrees difference between top at bottom of unit, nice perspective as the top of the unit is practically horizontal.

PS3 image about 31degrees difference between top and bottom of unit, horrible skewed image as the top of the unit is 11degrees down from left to right wheras the bottom is 20 degrees up from left to right, like a strange fisheye-like image.

Conclusion you can't take anything from these pictures except for the colours, the scale has got to be all wrong or the guy used some strange camera to take the picture. To reitterate I'm bored.
:lol :lol :lol

Wollan

One reason for the Wii screen being so low is because you have to aim. The PS3/X360 stands wouldn't be suited for that.

Wollan

The X360 stand is imho the nicest looking. Doesn't have loose gamepad wires hanging(though there's a good reason for that with it not having motion tracking and all) and it has a memory card slot(though to be honest I think the PSP/PS3 connectivity will be more useful). Looks slightly expensive compared to the other ones(though I want pamphlets).

lancubap

Not bad the Wii one.
The problem with PS3's born is that you must keep your head in a bad position to see the TV.....

The Wii image does go along with how Nintendo is positioning this thing, except for the widescreen thing. Its sleek, and playable. But we'll see.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I already feel for the Wiimote after seeing the amount of people use their keys on the instore DS's.

big_z

Replace the tv with a widescreen one and nintendo has a slick little demo unit. The ps3 one is crap, the tv is way to high.

Juice

Wii one looks very slick. I can't wait until the long cables Wii tethers snap. I have expect retailers to just give up and tie the remotes to spare hubcaps, inviting the comparison that playing the Wii instore is akin to having to haul around an obnoxiously untrustworthy gas station's restroom key to gain access to something that everyone already has.

The PS3 one just looks standard.

Shawn

Banned
Awesome stuff.

Man, the pic of the PS3 kiosk makes the reality and arrival of the console seem even more real to me.

November 17 -- you're less than 3 months away, baby!

Top Bottom