• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii & PS3 kiosks pics leaked...?

Mmmkay

mrwilt said:
Hmmm....looking at it closer, it looks like GT5 maybe. I'm talking about the image on the tv not the one behind the actual PS3.
The picture on the TV is from Vision Gran Turismo.

suaveric

Mr. TV Goggles said:
I call fake.

Both kiosks look incredibly unprofessional. If this is for real, I'll be disappointed in both Sony and Nintendo.

I'm not sure. The reason I can believe the Nintendo one is because it is 4:3. Remember, even though it is incredibly easy to do, Nintendo is not mandating that all Wii games support 16:9 and 480p. So that means that certain games would have to be stretched to fit a widescreen TV and that would make them look worse. The only possible solution left is to use a 4:3 screen that all the games can conform to.

suaveric said:
I'm not sure. The reason I can believe the Nintendo one is because it is 4:3. Remember, even though it is incredibly easy to do, Nintendo is not mandating that all Wii games support 16:9 and 480p. So that means that certain games would have to be stretched to fit a widescreen TV and that would make them look worse. The only possible solution left is to use a 4:3 screen that all the games can conform to.
Nintendo's own games will be 16:9. I think it is more likely that Nintendo will go with a 16:9 screen for their kiosk, and if a game is 4:3, they will choose to simply not demo it on that particular kiosk. Most Wii games will be 16:9.

But what gives it really away is... I don't know. Both kiosks look iffy. As in, fan-made.

What gives it away is why both of these would come up at the same time. How could these images even be obtained realisticly? I call B.S.

suaveric

Mr. TV Goggles said:
Nintendo's own games will be 16:9. I think it is more likely that Nintendo will go with a 16:9 screen for their kiosk, and if a game is 4:3, they will choose to simply not demo it on that particular kiosk. Most Wii games will be 16:9.

But what gives it really away is... I don't know. Both kiosks look iffy. As in, fan-made.

Well, both Wario Ware and Metroid (as of E3) were not running in widescreen. I expect that Metroid will end up changing, but I'm not sure about Wario Ware. So it's not all Nintendo games (as far as I know).

suaveric said:
Well, both Wario Ware and Metroid (as of E3) were not running in widescreen. I expect that Metroid will end up changing, but I'm not sure about Wario Ware. So it's not all Nintendo games (as far as I know).
MP3 was 16:9 at E3.

suaveric

Mr. TV Goggles said:
MP3 was 16:9 at E3.

Wario and Metroid were shown on 16:9 TVs at E3, but I thought that both were actually 4:3 being stretched. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but I could swear there was a thread where people argued that MP3 was/was not 16:9 and it was proven that at the time it was only 4:3. Either way, I expect it to be widescreen by release.

But the fact that Wario is 4:3 still proves my point that not all Nintendo games will be widescreen (even though they should be). Hence the 4:3 monitor for the kiosk.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bad_Boy said:
I think somebody should take a video camera to wal-mart to tape all the adults who will look like fools swinging their arms away at the Wii Kiosk.

YOUTUBE IT!

Great laughs I will have. :lol

jko

Bad_Boy said:
just for comparison, heres the 360 kiosk.

xboxaufstellerbv7.jpg
so the official colors are...

Wii - Blue
360 - Green
PS3 - Red

Speevy

Banned
jko said:
so the official colors are...

Wii - Blue
360 - Green
PS3 - Red

So basically, Nintendo dumped purple and stole Sony's color, then Sony decided to go with Nintendo's official logo color.

I think blue is better than red or green, personally.

Juice

Wollan said:
But Red is a color for both sexes! Nintendo am failing.

No, blue is the color for EVERYBODY, because it's most people's favorite color.

Also, the 4:3 makes sense: it saves a ton of money per kiosk, all games work in 4:3, not all games work in 4:3 (not even all of Nintendo's, see Wario Ware)

And to the people calling fake b/c we got these at the same time: if anything, that lends credence to the argument that htey're real. Odds are they're scanned from some retailer chain's internal documentation/manuals.

The PS3 one reminds me too much of the PS2 one, should have come up with something freshier

Wii one looks nice and sleek though

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Or maybe I should kick you in the nuts.

Anyway, the ps3 design looks alot like the ps2 one. I could see these both being real.

sp0rsk said:
Or maybe I should kick you in the nuts.

Anyway, the ps3 design looks alot like the ps2 one. I could see these both being real.

BTW: Ah yea, what about the PS2 and PSP, I wonder with the kiosks how the ne... oh wait

ZeoVGM

Banned
PezRadar said:
So anyways.. Prototypes.. Final models of course can be different but yes.. They aren't fake amazingly.. I kinda fell asleep last night =[

sorry to ask again, but where do you work in gs/eb? i doubt a random manager would be able to see that stuff. you a DM?

omg rite said:
sorry to ask again, but where do you work in gs/eb? i doubt a random manager would be able to see that stuff. you a DM?
Gvine.

And all stores should have access to these pics now.. I mean come on.. We put these are in Fall Relay books silly!

ZeoVGM

Banned
PezRadar said:
Gvine.

And all stores should have access to these pics now.. I mean come on.. We put these are in Fall Relay books silly!

wtf really? well i havent worked since wednesday night, but i havent seen the fall relay book yet.

i hope the Wii one ends up being widescreen

.. p.s. can someone rehost the original non-marked up pics?

F#A#Oo

Banned
3 pages and not a single person questions why Nintendo have a small screen at the top...

I'm seriously disappointed in GAF...

Top Bottom