• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

Quick one from my Medic:
gXp6qr5.jpg

will try to grab a few of the new body types, any particular race you want to see?

Edit: they added new music and sound effects for the Medic. They've made massive progress on the Medic, it feels just as good to play as Esper now. The new housing music is really good.

well it looks better and less cluttered for now.
can't wait to try it out later tonight.

thanks for the image!

docbon

Quick one from my Medic:
gXp6qr5.jpg

will try to grab a few of the new body types, any particular race you want to see?

Edit: they added new music and sound effects for the Medic. They've made massive progress on the Medic, it feels just as good to play as Esper now. The new housing music is really good.

allah be praised, the pyramid is gone.

going to give it another try this weekend. debating on making a new character, or sticking with my engineer. both options seemed pretty awful last time I played it, so I'm hoping something just clicks this time around.

FrsDvl

Characters will be wiped before head start. On the character creation screen you can get a code for your character's looks if you really like what you create, though.

Anyone wanting a guild invite i'm online on "Seja".

I'll send you a message right away, just got to figure out how to pick a server.

You're able to set it so parts of the UI only show up during combat or certain conditions. If you want to run around with a completely clear screen when out of combat you can.

timkunedo

I downloaded a huge patch around Wednesday. It looked like it was downloading the entire game too, but it didn't take 'too' long. Picked up steam pretty fast, but initially i was like wtf??!!

Carbine is looking into some issues people are having:
Hey all,

Here are the things my team are looking into right now:

TOP ISSUE: We're seeing reports about EU players receiving the message "No Valid Game Account Found" when trying to play. We've heard a few reports of this happening to NA players as well, but at a much smaller volume.
"Network Error: Connection Closed" errors are popping up when trying to log in.
Some players are reporting they cannot delete characters on Nexus.
Some players are reporting that characters cannot be created on any realm (receiving an "account full" error).
Reports of odd batches of latency
This is not a complete list, but we're going to actively add more to it as the day goes on. Please keep floating up any problems you see!

link

Jarnet87

I'm interested in the medic, engineer, and stalker class. Tried spellslinger out last beta weekend. I'm leaning towards medic for live.

FrsDvl

You got the right person, i can't message back though..#ChatLogUndefineMessage# is what i get. i tried to accept the guild invite, but it doesn't seem to work either..

JLeack

Banned
About to login... and I'm so excited.

I have been disappointed by the character creation. I am hoping it's a lot better now.

Ghost23

I couldn't even get past the tutorial. I just hate the artstyle/setting. It doesn't help that my CPU was reaching temps up to 83 degrees C playing, so I was a bit paranoid the whole time.

JLeack

Banned
I'm wondering the same thing. ESO came out and it is SO good. For the first time ever I may actively subscribe to two MMOs at the same time.

Well, in my opinion TESO is sub-par, and WildStar is above par.

That's just my opinion.

Nonetheless, I'd recommend WildStar 100x over TESO once it comes out.

I couldn't even get past the tutorial. I just hate the artstyle/setting. It doesn't help that my CPU was reaching temps up to 83 degrees C playing, so I was a bit paranoid the whole time.

To me it's like a Pixar film, colorful, humorous, and full of life.

I understand that some gamers just want realistic graphics. For that there's FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

Well, in my opinion TESO is sub-par, and WildStar is above par.

That's just my opinion.

Nonetheless, I'd recommend WildStar 100x over TESO once it comes out.

They both seem good. They have very different focuses, so it's hard to compare them imo. I'd recommend Wildstar as well, but it's more my style by far than ESO.

Lynq

Banned
1. Do we know how many raids will there be on launch?

2. Can someone share their experience with playing as a healer? Isn't leveling too hard when you're spec is healing?

3. Do you get the option to switch between two specializations at some point?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

2. Can someone share their experience with playing as a healer? Isn't leveling too hard when you're spec is healing?

You get two specs at level 15 or 20 if I remember right. If you are leveling as a healer you are doing it wrong. First of all you can shift you skills around whenever you please. The spec comes from the AMP side of things *talent points*

1. 2 raids, a 20 man and a 40 man along with lots of other late game content including heroic dungeons, adventures, world story instances.

2. I wrote up a moderately in-depth impression of healing a page or two back. You won't have any issues leveling as a support. You'll still do enough damage to kill stuff alone, which leads into..

3. Yes, i think around level 10 or so you get a second action set which is a completely separate set of AMPs and abilities. You can swap from healer to dps on the fly for easier questing.

Quick version of healer breakdown:

Medic: fast paced with lots of utility, close range healer with lots of aoe and short range heals.

Spellslinger: longest range, has to aim their heals. relies on their innate (spellsurge) for burst healing. hard to play.

Esper: more 'normal' healer, mix of targeted and aimed heals. More medium range compared to spellslinger.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Can't help getting a jarring effect going from ESO with it's full voice-over work into a text based MMO....

The inertia, it's killing my buzz...man.

Loving the new UI. Much more focused than what I played back in December. Game runs much better, too, but that is to be expected. Really enjoying the combat, it's like a hybrid of action RPG and WoW. Digging this quite a bit so far.

Can't help getting a jarring effect going from ESO with it's full voice-over work into a text based MMO....

The inertia, it's killing my buzz...man.

The inertia as in how characters move? I don't really notice it, they gave characters a bit more weight which makes mounts feel really interesting (hoverboards are awesome) and makes the movement more natural.

Lynq

Banned
@TharpDaddy - Thanks! That answers my questions. Gonna go find your post about healing now.

Guess I'm playing a Medic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The inertia as in how characters move? I don't really notice it, they gave characters a bit more weight which makes mounts feel really interesting (hoverboards are awesome) and makes the movement more natural.

He means it's a step back in that regard and it's killing his hype

Text/voice, its whatever to me. If I get a better game with text, so be it. We all saw what happened with SWTOR

I think the questing is the weakest part of Wildstar, but i don't think something like SWToR or ESO's voice acting would be possible for Carbine, considering they have no where near the financial backing Bioware and Zenimax do. I like how the movement feels in Wildstar though, so i disagree that the inertia is a step back.

docbon

I wish the character movement felt the same as Guild Wars 2, just with the added double jump. The way the mounts function currently is fine, though.

Yoday

The whole UI isn't in place yet, right? The inventory, character panels, and a bunch of other things look to be the same, but now they are really out of place.

BearPawB

Banned
I think the questing is the weakest part of Wildstar, but i don't think something like SWToR or ESO's voice acting would be possible for Carbine, considering they have no where near the financial backing Bioware and Zenimax do. I like how the movement feels in Wildstar though, so i disagree that the inertia is a step back.

he was never talking about the character movement.

hea meant the lack of voice acting felt off putting and was putting him to sleep

The whole UI isn't in place yet, right? The inventory, character panels, and a bunch of other things look to be the same, but now they are really out of place.

Hmm, my inventory and character panels and such all look new. If they look like the old versions, your game may be bugging.

he was never talking about the character movement.

hea meant the lack of voice acting felt off putting and was putting him to sleep

Ahh my bad, i took intertia too literally. Sorry about that.

Edit: here's a photo of my inventory/character panel. Does yours look like this? http://i.imgur.com/QTO2rrQ.jpg

1337Sauce

Is there anyway to get to Olyssia as an Exile at the early levels? Playing on a PVP server and want to see if I can find anybody haha

Yoday

Hmm, my inventory and character panels and such all look new. If they look like the old versions, your game may be bugging.

Ahh my bad, i took intertia too literally. Sorry about that.

Edit: here's a photo of my inventory/character panel. Does yours look like this? http://i.imgur.com/QTO2rrQ.jpg
Yeah, those are the same ones I have. They seem to have some slight changes, but they look like the old style, which is incredibly out of place from the hotbar. Also, my quest tracker doesn't seem to be working at all. Is this a known bug?

Yeah, those are the same ones I have. They seem to have some slight changes, but they look like the old style, which is incredibly out of place from the hotbar. Also, my quest tracker doesn't seem to be working at all. Is this a known bug?

Yeah quest tracker is a little buggy. Try /reloadui if that doesn't fix it, restarting the game should.

Top Bottom