• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

I assure you I do exist 8(

I guess all the social features are borked for the time being.

Just to make sure, you're on the Nexus server right? Type /who seja and see if i show up. I was able to invite Keasar to the guild, so it may be certain characters having problems.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
True, but the game starts to take off once you hit the first dungeon

Some might not even make it to 20, though. I am about to get on with a few of my friends. We got into Guild Wars 2 recently and we all enjoy its kind of free flow progression method. Going back to the quest hub way.... it might turn us off. I hope we can make it to 20 lol

Some might not even make it to 20, though. I am about to get on with a few of my friends. We got into Guild Wars 2 recently and we all enjoy its kind of free flow progression method. Going back to the quest hub way.... it might turn us off. I hope we can make it to 20 lol

tried playing Tera? lol the beginning was such a chore.

timkunedo

Well can't make a new character. Getting the same error that they are already aware of for some folks about my account being full. Will try again tonight. still excited.

Both EU and NA issues related to the Connection Closed messaging upon logging should be resolved.
We believe we've successfully fixed the EU and NA accounts that were unable to log into the game. There are still plenty of other issues that we'll be moving on to address, but if you're having issues logging in at this point, please contact Customer Support and we'll continue to investigate.

That may have fixed the chat & guild issues we were having. It may have been related to EU account issues in that they were seen as guest passes, rather than full accounts.

FrsDvl

Really enjoying the game, but all the disconnects, and having to restart the game to make the quest tracker come back is getting a little annoying... Hope they fix it soon

Panda Rin

pretty fun so far, but the way questing works is kind of confusing, and I'm not a huge fan of how the voice-overs/text are difficult to hear and read.

Wookieomg

Yeah, the constant disconnects and various errors when a) trying to log in, b) access a server, and c) actually play the game are very discouraging. I know it's beta and I hope they work it out.. But I mean, they've had.. how many beta weekends, to iron out networking issues? :/

Game is a blast though. Rolled a toon on nexus but the server is always high pop or full... Which seems like a effing terrible place to play right now as servers get busier and busier... :( Played all morning but I doubt it'll get any better as the day goes on.

Yeah, the constant disconnects and various errors when a) trying to log in, b) access a server, and c) actually play the game are very discouraging. I know it's beta and I hope they work it out.. But I mean, they've had.. how many beta weekends, to iron out networking issues? :/

Game is a blast though. Rolled a toon on nexus but the server is always high pop or full... Which seems like a effing terrible place to play right now as servers get busier and busier... :( Played all morning but I doubt it'll get any better as the day goes on.

I think the servers are getting hit harder than usual. This is the first time i've seen all the servers close to full, as well as a queue. They're working on it, so it should be cleared up by later today, or tomorrow.

Jarnet87

Just got home from work, getting network connection closed era. Just put in a ticket like they said to do. Hopefully I can get in soon.

edit: now getting no valid wildstar account found. ya wutm8

Blitzhex

Warriors are surprisingly fun and I usually find warrior classes boring in almost every type of game. The 2nd skill wrecks shit at level 4, lol.
Do warriors get more cool abilities later? I hope the later skills in this game are unique and not just more harder hitting cleave spells.

Warriors are surprisingly fun and I usually find warrior classes boring in almost every type of game. The 2nd skill wrecks shit at level 4, lol.
Do warriors get more cool abilities later? I hope the later skills in this game are unique and not just more harder hitting cleave spells.

If you hit B you can see the all the abilities you'll get. I've not played a high level Warrior, but they seem to have plenty of fun and interesting abilities. Spin to win is the best ability ever, though.

JLeack

Banned
Thank goodness for the new body designs.

I'm still torn on which class to play. I want to play a Paladin sword and board style character but this game has nothing like that. So, I lean to the Esper for its high skillcap caster qualities.

Cmagus

I'm on Nexus and Exile my characters name is Marron. Explored off the ship and I'm almost done with the Northern Wilds (reported some bugs already) and so far its pretty good. I'll probably play some more tonight when I get home.

I'm on Nexus and Exile my characters name is Marron. Explored off the ship and I'm almost done with the Northern Wilds (reported some bugs already) and so far its pretty good. I'll probably play some more tonight when I get home.

Are you online? I can invite you to the guild if you are.

Update on issues they're trying to solve:

Some accounts are being improperly flagged as "Guest Pass Accounts", forcing some restrictions on players, including:
Being unable to create more than 3 characters.
Being unable to use chat channels.
Being unable to trade or send mail.

link

timkunedo

Just saw this announcement on their facebook page

For each day players log into the game between now and launch (during pre-order weekends as well as Open Beta), accounts will receive 3 Boom Boxes at launch. These boxes can be used once per day to receive a random assortment of possible goodies, including XP buffs, unique runes, weapons, housing items, unique costumes, mounts, and more!

http://tinyurl.com/lvtlqbn

Apparently old but i'm just now seeing it :)

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I miss the housing experience of UO and the PvP experience of WAR. GW2 didn't hold my interest past the first month.

I think I'm going to buy this. Like now. I hope I don't regret this.

Hopefully its logging them and not come time we get nothing

It's definitely logging them. Scooter has mentioned a few times on Twitter that as long as you log onto a character that day then your account is flagged. You can log into a character and log out and still get the reward come release.

Hotfix incoming:

We are preforming a hotfix right now and will be experiencing downtime for about 15

The hotfix is to address the guest pass issue. This should fix any chat issues people were having.

Not sure if I like this much or not. The opening quest area is a huge jumble of overlapping hubs with little direction or obvious progression. Combat seems alright so far I guess but nothing amazing. Haven't reached an adventure or dungeon yet though

FrsDvl

It's definitely logging them. Scooter has mentioned a few times on Twitter that as long as you log onto a character that day then your account is flagged. You can log into a character and log out and still get the reward come release.

Hotfix incoming:

The hotfix is to address the guest pass issue. This should fix any chat issues people were having.

hopefully it's fixed, gonna try it out right now. Or in a while rather, servers are down.

she got a donkey, look at that booty

VOzwUk6.jpg

Jarnet87

hoping they can resolve the connection closed issue for me so I can play tonight. Just my luck for pre-ordering lol. I bet if I had just gotten one of the weekend keys from a website it would have worked fine like last time out.

hoping they can resolve the connection closed issue for me so I can play tonight. Just my luck for pre-ordering lol. I bet if I had just gotten one of the weekend keys from a website it would have worked fine like last time out.

We are looking into the "Network Error: Connection Closed" issue right now. Just hang tight and we will update as soon as we can.

Should hopefully be soon!

Has the game been optimized now? The lightning is still awfully glitchy on my HD7970M (Flickering lights, Bulky Shadows, etc.) while absolutely every game runs at max settings without problems (https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...bility-issue-flickering-lights-bulky-shadows/).

I was sure this huge update would rectify the problem, but it's still occurs and I'm afraid they will not do anything for that before the release.

It's not fully optimized yet, no. I'd toss them a email about that, maybe you can get a solution.

Top Bottom