• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

I watched all of Dagashi Kashi, Konosuba, and Myriad Colors Phantom World over the weekend, and most of Grimgar.

What am I doing?

That's nothing. I've been watching...

Cross Ange #11-12
I guess the prince didn't care about his little sister because he had a lewd succubus asistant that rocks in bed or something. Makes sense! Gotta love that poor little imouto is now back to caring for her sister when she was happily whipping her a couple episodes ago, since it's like the show couldn't care less about keeping characterizations consistent.

Oh, and I was on point about we being Symphogear now. Ange's phonic gain was enough to counter the other mecha's attack (which leveled half an island like it was nothing earlier), and then they went to their own little space world to talk for a bit until the other pilot was told to GTFO. Too bad the enemy pilot didn't end up being Ange's brainwashed little sister or something, though.

That part about Vivian randomly becoming a dragon also made no sense, and her whole ordeal being over in a single episode was downright boring. The show tries to get all emotional with a "the monsters were human all along!" twist that was as stupid as they come, but at least Ange didn't master the ability to become a titan dragon in order to obtain more power or something... too bad Vivian got back to normal, since I would've liked it if she had become Ange's lollipop-loving kick-ass dragon familiar or something.

Embryo-sama basically owning the whole human world and being akin to a god is not fun, either, since he appears to be little more than a carbon copy of all the generic bad guys that act from the shadows. I want more hammy scenes like Ange's execution and less talk about ideals and the harsh reality the cast is facing, dammit.

I still stand by my statement that the show would've been much better if the prince had married his sister and they were the main antagonists for this arc (because I knew he'd eventually get hijacked by Ganon eventually).

Cornbread78

OT3's are a thing of the past now, eh? Maybe that could change in the Spring.

What is Orange?

Probably not as good as Erased, but sounds pretty interesting:

Synopsis:
One day, Naho Takamiya receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future. As Naho reads on, the letter recites the exact events of the day, including the transfer of a new student into her class named Kakeru Naruse.

The Naho from ten years later repeatedly states that she has many regrets, and she wants to fix these by making sure the Naho from the past can make the right decisions—especially regarding Kakeru. What's more shocking is that she discovers that ten years later, Kakeru will no longer be with them. Future Naho asks her to watch over him closely.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32729/Orange

Speak of Goblin, Grimgar's publisher sure know how to get money from goods lol.
VucVfj9.jpg

Cornbread78

For what it's worth, I liked the source material for Orange much, much more than Erased. Speaking of time travel anime, reLife is coming out this year, right?

This is sohoujo manga so hard to say will most people like.
I pretty like it though.

Nice, sounds even better then! Maybe we can even get a Konosuba S2 announcement for Summer as well.

For Spring OT's

I know Metroid is making one for MHA

Which of the below do you think should also get one?

- Kiznaiver
- Mayoiga
- Ace Attorney (has anyone claimed this one yet?)
- JoJo (has anyone clamed this one yet?)

Nice, sounds even better then! Maybe we can even get a Konosuba S2 announcement for Summer as well.

For Spring OT's

- Kiznaiver
- Mayoiga

All 4+Kuromukuro(if it's 2 cour), Kabaneri and Macross Delta?

For Spring OT's

- Kiznaiver
- Mayoiga

Ace Attorney I think should definitely get one. I don't think anyone has claimed it yet so if nobody else has I think I might just do it. It'd be my first GAF OT ever.

Nobunagun

Stylish as all get out, great use of music, bold colouring choices and lots of military otaku geekery (a weakness of mine). Highly recommend and despite involving a teen school girl it stays away from the grosser side of fan service (
save a tentacle clearly under her pants at the end of Ep12, ew
). Some of the supporting cast would disappear if you turned them sideways but they do their shtick well and didn't impinge on the fun. Very disappointed not to see any rumblings for a sequel given that there are 4 manga volumes.

Not sure who to credit for the bold art choices here, the director appears to have not done much of late despite being active in the early 2000s and I can never work out who is most responsible for any series 'style' (and it seems to shift). Does anyone know who I should be chasing to see more in this style:

Director: Nobuhiro Kondo
Series Composition: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Original creator: Masato Hisa
Character Design:Hiromi Matsushita
Art Director: Maho Takahashi

Cornbread78

All 4+Kuromukuro(if it's 2 cour), Kabaneri and Macross Delta?

Sounds good. The general GAF population likes the seperate series OTS that we do.

Konosuba S2 sounds a little too early, don't ya think?

Wishful thinking... I don't know how much of the available source material they have already animated.

Ace Attorney I think should definitely get one. I don't think anyone has claimed it yet so if nobody else has I think I might just do it. It'd be my first GAF OT ever.

Sweet, sounds good. Might be a good idea to claim it in here :

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=450653&page=100000

MetroidPrimeRib should be the same for MHA.

I'll do one of the other ones, probably Mayoiga.

Cornbread78

What a sad day that Erased is a baseline for a specific kind of quality now.

I like Erased, but I'm with you. I do NOT want it to become the new standard.

Not really a reference on quality as much as style. As much as I like Erased, I like Steins; Gate a lot more. That would be the bench mark/standard....

Done. Though I wonder if I should specify that I'm talking about the anime, haha.

yeah, I would add "anime" lol.

Cornbread78

Still have 21 posts till closing time..... Yes, BGBW, it's been 5 hours, lol. call the cabs for your harem girls and send them home; it's time for the real party to start.

zulux21

Look out
There's no sight of the morning coming
There's no sight of the day
You've been left on your own
Like a rainbow
Like a rainbow in the dark, yeah
You're a rainbow in the dark
Just a rainbow in the dark
No sign of the morning
You're a rainbow in the dark

sadly I couldn't find an image of dio or jojo in a rainbow suit :/

I love how he even catch the bullet which would have missed them anyway.

Yeah I think the most incredible thing about this scene is how close dude was, and just how bad of a shooter he was. Onii-sama, being the nice guy that he is, probably caught the bullets to give them back to him so he could try again.

I think it was MetroidPrimeRib who said The irregular at magic high school was one of, if not the worst show he's ever seen.

I'm inclined to take his word for it.

I think it was MetroidPrimeRib who said The irregular at magic high school was one of, if not the worst show he's ever seen.

Jesus no. I've seen worse. Like, much, much worse lol. Also the fact that it spawned an entire subgenre in anime, of magical high tech school OP protagonists, should tell you that tons of people watched it. So I guess it did something right for better or worse ahahaha!

zulux21

it was an enjoyable series as long as you didn't think to hard about things, just like sword art online :p

Jesus no. I've seen worse. Like, much, much worse lol. Also the fact that it spawned an entire subgenre in anime, of magical high tech school OP protagonists, should tell you that tons of people watched it. So I guess it did something right for better or worse ahahaha!
I'd say the genre of magical high tech school was spawned by Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom