• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

FI0vWcV.png

No Hackadoll ?

What are the 3 most central characters from ? I vaguely recall the one in the gas mask but can't quite place it.

You know, it kind of makes sense to adapt the entire series of Rakugo.

It isn't a very... commercial job, so imo if they started doing it, it's because they wanted to bring the full story into anime form (and somehow convinced someone to get the bucks for it). The other option of why anime adaptions are done is to adapt the first part of a manga/LN to improve the sales of the original story, but that works with other types of series like shonen, shojo, and a few more "mainstream" seinen (say Genshiken or Silver Spoon or something like that), but I doubt the Rakugo manga started selling like hotcakes just thanks to the anime, it's a fairly obscure josei which was never going to sell a lot even with publicity, so I don't think that was their goal all along.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It isn't a very... commercial job, so imo if they started doing it, it's because they wanted to bring the full story into anime form (and somehow convinced someone to get the bucks for it). The other option of why anime adaptions are done is to adapt the first part of a manga/LN to improve the sales of the original story, but that works with other types of series like shonen, shojo, and a few more "mainstream" seinen (say Genshiken or Moyashimon or something like that), but I doubt the Rakugo manga started selling like hotcakes just thanks to the anime, it's a fairly obscure josei which was never going to sell a lot even with publicity, so I don't think that was their goal all along.

I almost wonder if it was a fake HBO-style renewal where they knew they were going to do 2 cour anyway but just held back the announcement for PR reasons.

Or maybe I give Japanese companies too much credit.

ibyea

Banned

It isn't a very... commercial job, so imo if they started doing it, it's because they wanted to bring the full story into anime form (and somehow convinced someone to get the bucks for it). The other option of why anime adaptions are done is to adapt the first part of a manga/LN to improve the sales of the original story, but that works with other types of series like shonen, shojo, and a few more "mainstream" seinen (say Genshiken or Silver Spoon or something like that), but I doubt the Rakugo manga started selling like hotcakes just thanks to the anime, it's a fairly obscure josei which was never going to sell a lot even with publicity, so I don't think that was their goal all along.

Well, whatever it was, I am glad someone out there appreciated the story enough that they wanted to bring all of it into anime even though it is a risky endeavor.

phaze

They only did production assistance on Hackadoll.

Creators in Pack actually did Hackadoll.

So Trigger haven't actually made a good TV show yet.

Shocking.

Trigger Girls.

They have been using Trigger Girls as a way for artists to get their work featured and discovered.
I think they are the april fools "Trigger girls" from last year.
Well, no wonder that I didn't recognize them then.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio to Tora 2nd Season, Episode 1:

Can't say I am a fan of the
explosive case of mass amnesia
but this arc already seem to have more energy to it then the last couple that ended season one so I can let that slide.

JoJo - Diamond be tough - 01

Solid first episode.

So that is JotaroJo after all, huh. Was kinda avoiding marketing material and discussion of it but I was wondering why there seemed to be two JoJos. Certainly makes for a unique setup. New JoJo's Stand seems to have an interesting power, but then that only matters if these Stand battles get a touch of logic, which they hopefully will.

That enemy didn't seem compelling yet but there's no doubt much more to him.

JoJo 01

Really loved how they used the Part 3 music with the scenes featuring Jotaro, good that they didn't get rid of that song, would've been a shame otherwise.

Josuke's stand is a nice twist on Star Platinum, which immediately makes it more interesting. I wonder what they'll do with it in future battles, but with the way Josuke used it in the final part of the episode I'm very confident that it's going to be good.

pbayne

Ushio and Tora 27

Wow fucking slow down. This is like the start of Code Geass R2 all over again and it feels like an entire season of stuff has been skipped over and the pace is relentless to try and catch the viewer up to whats actually happening. Can't believe that cherry blossom scene was real, it was so fantastical i was convinced it was a dream.

I dunno the idea of this arc seems a bit shaky. Ill see how it plays out but its nice to have Ushio and Tora back.

Ushio and Tora 27

Wow fucking slow down. This is like the start of Code Geass R2 all over again and it feels like an entire season of stuff has been skipped over and the pace is relentless to try and catch the viewer up to whats actually happening. Can't believe that cherry blossom scene was real, it was so fantastical i was convinced it was a dream.

I dunno the idea of this arc seems a bit shaky. Ill see how it plays out but its nice to have Ushio and Tora back.

I mean, the entire sho has 39 episodes to adapt 36 manga volumes. There are a tons of cuts and rushing because otherwise it would be impossible to do

Ushio and Tora 27

I liked the first OP a lot better.

I think this may be the only series where the main love interest is a tomboy. Anyway, this episode got right back into business. I didn't really expect the Metroid start from nothing after coming this far thing, but it's interesting.

Garo Crimson Moon Episode 23
download_1.png
download.png

FUUUUUUCCKKK YOUUUU SHOW!
So scarface here finally eats it, and it's in the most boring trite way imaginable, and god knows they try to make us feel sorry for him. This guy directly killed hundreds of people, and he dies smiling into the light, with his scars fading away. Fuck that.

To be fair, the production was finally on point with the first season, and the final fight did look nice.

At least it's finally over.....wait, there's another episode?

Wanderer5

Yep, Funi is really banking on My Hero Academia.

I guess no one got the Ace Attorney anime yet?

Doesn't look like it lol. Hope there be news soon, or else I probably won't bother then, and look over at crunchyroll selection some more.

Kind of glad I don't have to deal with Funimation this time around. Don't know if I was unlucky, but I was getting some freezing issues with their stream with Dimension W and Death Parade.:/

Garo Crimson Moon Episode 23

So scarface here finally eats it, and it's in the most boring trite way imaginable, and god knows they try to make us feel sorry for him. This guy directly killed hundreds of people, and he dies smiling into the light, with his scars fading away. Fuck that.

To be fair, the production was finally on point with the first season, and the final fight did look nice.

At least it's finally over.....wait, there's another episode?

The final episode aired today... did you count the recap episode?

Uchuu Senkan Patrol Luluco 2199 - 1

The ED is disproportionately long lol. I guess we did have precedent in Ninja Slayearrt, though.

It at least is more immediately watchable than the other low-budget shorts they've made, so I will be watching more !

The final episode aired today... did you count the recap episode?

Wait....that's seriously the last episode?

Then the story is just incomplete, and I don't mean that in it feels unfinished. I mean story elements are just going to be left hanging.

This character...
...was set up to be a second villain. What happened to him is just gonna be unanswered.

What happened to Raikou's brother is unanswered...

Hell the series end with the heroes just standing in the ruins of the capital, everyone dead around them, just staring at each other.

zulux21

Yep, Funi is really banking on My Hero Academia.

I guess no one got the Ace Attorney anime yet?

capcom allocated to much money to the animation budget of Ace Attorney and thus can't afford to hire someone to work out a deal to release it in other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom