• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

capcom allocated to much money to the animation budget of Ace Attorney and thus can't afford to hire someone to work out a deal to release it in other areas.

Maybe localizing it so that it takes place in New York was too expensive and nobody wants to take the risk of getting tasked with such a herculean endeavor.

Garo: Crimson Moon - 24 [End]

I made it. It is finally over.

Not even the finale could escape the QUALITY, but most of the big fight was decent. And what the fuck was that for an ending?! Where is the epilogue?

As someone who loved Garo: The Animation (the previous show), it hurts to see how Garo: Crimson Moon was handled. This show is a fine example of how similar products can turn out so much differently in quality due to staff (and budget hopefully!!).
When I try to think back on things I enjoyed about this show, only few things comes to mind. Character traits of Seimei and Tragic Princess. The latter of which they did fuck all with?!

Shit story, next to no character developments, unsatisfying quick fights with no choreography (we're talking charge up > one slice > monster is kill), disappointing and dull monster designs, boring characters.
I've spent almost every Friday for the past 6 months with this little shit, and I can't even remember his name after all this time. Who are you? What are you doing in this show?

I feel like I could write an essay on my disappointments when it comes to this show and how it compares to Garo: The Animation.
You fellows who jumped the sinking ship early made a wise choice, for there is nothing here but Darkness (I learned that word from Douman!). Hellwarden my curiously loyal comrade in despair, should you swing by Scandinavia I'll buy you a drink.

If Glasslip and Chaos Dragon decided to copulate this show would be its offspring.
I need the upcoming Garo movie of the previous season now more than ever.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
[thread=1203456]
q3aspEW.jpg
[/thread]

I'm convinced Crimson Moon was created solely to test the limits of my sanity.

But I realize that's insane.

What's crazy is having a series of this length and doing fuck all with it. No character development, no good action scenes, no story arcs, no reason or logic. How can a series be so nothing? How can a series be so pointless?
Fuck everything about Crimson Moon. I'll probably write more about its failings, but to summarize, Crimson Moon feels like the most soulless production I've seen in a long time. Nothing about this series adds up to anything. Nothing in it ultimately delivers.

CheapJuice, my compadre through this dreck, we've stared into the very abyss of madness. The dark ugly core of anime.

I doubt we'll ever be the same again.

I'm convinced Crimson Moon was created solely to test the limits of my sanity

CheapJuice, my compadre through this dreck, we've stared into the very abyss of madness. The dark ugly core of anime.

I doubt we'll ever be the same again.

ANN Review of Ep 13 said:
The people have spoken – the latest daily streaming reviews poll indicated strong disinterest for Garo: Crimson Moon, so these write-ups are being discontinued. Unfortunately, the adventures of Bedhead, some kid, and Sex Mom will continue without my supervision. Honestly though, I can see why viewership plummeted. My main experience with Garo: Crimson Moon has been acclimating to disappointment....

I'm starting to develop a terrible fascination here

Andrew J.

Space Patrol Luluco 01

A whole show with the same kind of zany comedy and amusingly poor animation as KLK 04? Sign me up.

Luluco isn't really much like Mako, I don't know what duckroll's on about.

Puruzi

Banned
Space Patrol Luluco 01

A whole show with the same kind of zany comedy and amusingly poor animation as KLK 04? Sign me up.

Luluco isn't really much like Mako, I don't know what duckroll's on about.

she made the same face as mako at one point I guess

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'm completely out of the anime loop. The last thing I checked and liked was Kill la Kill. Before that, some of the more recent Ghost in the Shell stuff which wasn't too exciting, Gurren Lagann (best thing happening to me since FLCL). I liked some episodes of Space Dandy, but not all of it. Dropped out of Michiko & Hatchin - it looked pretty but nothing much happened. Everything that came after Bakemonogatari was a waste of time I wished I hadn't seen but couldn't help hoping the series would return to former greatness. I think I stopped somewhere in Koimonogatari. Wikipedia tells me there's a boatload of additional seasons since - same trajectory as before?

Is Little Witch Academia worth the time? Is there anything out there comparable to GL/KlK yet?

Edit: completely forgot I watched Attack on Titan which I had a massive love/hate affair with. The action was amazing but most of the characters were supernovas of cringe. I've seen some buzz around Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Might I like this considering I liked the action in AoT but hated 99% of its whiny cast with religious passion?

Jintor

I personally don't think anything's hit that same hot-blooded space yet, at least no the Gainax/Trigger model, no.

Little Witch
is worth your time, yes, both movies, though I like the first more than the second.

pbayne

I'm compley out of the anime loop. The last thing I checked and liked was Kill la Kill. Before that, some of the more recent Ghost in the Shell stuff which wasn't too exciting, Gurren Lagann (best thing happening to me since FLCL). I liked some episodes of Space Dandy, but not all of it. Dropped out of Michiko & Hatchin - it looked pretty but nothing much happened. Everything that came after Bakemonogatari was a waste of time I wished I hadn't seen but couldn't help hoping the series would return to former greatness. I think I stopped somewhere in Koimonogatari.

Is Little Witch Academia worth the time? Is there anything out there comparable to GL/KlK yet?

Wrong thread brah.Youll get more answers on the current thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241677&page=303

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom