• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Grimgar 9
Nice relaxing episode about the team day off. Yeah, i like the atmosphere and how each one doing their own things. I guess cyrene mine will be last arc and when they finish it, i guess that mean Merry has a chances for revenge or at least overcome her trauma.

God Eater 10

Lenka backstory. Well, i know it's going to be suck for Lenka, and i don't get why the coloring is inconsistent during the first scene...
Then there's last words from Lenka sister. That is one long dying words.

Cornbread78

giphy.gif

Almost time to shut this thread down. GTFO first 2/3 of winter!

JoJo: Stardust Crusaders - Complete

Jotaro winning at everything just because was really lame in the finale. Dio fell rather flat once more, too. His evil philosophy and world conqueror dialogue was as I'm14andThisIsDeep as ever.

Still, this second half was more enjoyable than the first one. 5/10 for the first, 6/10 for the second. I'll just hope that the writing actually gets good in part 4. At least give me an interesting villain for once.

Moaradin

Jotaro winning at everything just because was really lame in the finale. Dio fell rather flat once more, too. His evil philosophy and world conqueror dialogue was as I'm14andThisIsDeep as ever.

Still, this second half was more enjoyable than the first one. 5/10 for the first, 6/10 for the second. I'll just hope that the writing actually gets good in part 4. At least give me an interesting villain for once.

DIO is fun as fuck though. It's impossible to hate the guy even though he's evil incarnate.

I really despise this "just because" criticism you use for literally every show you shit on. It was awesome, there's your explanation!

Like, if you can't find enjoyment in Koyasu hamming it up as Dio as he shouts ZA WARUDO at the top of his lungs and
throws a steamroller in what I'd call the greatest anime VA performance of 2015
, you shouldn't be watching these kinds of shows.

DIO is fun as fuck though. It's impossible to hate the guy even though he's evil incarnate.

I really despise this "just because" criticism you use for literally every show you shit on. It was awesome, there's your explanation!

Like, if you can't find enjoyment in Koyasu hamming it up as Dio as he shouts ZA WARUDO at the top of his lungs and
throws a steamroller in what I'd call the greatest anime VA performance of 2015
, you shouldn't be watching these kinds of shows.

I mean I still like him going ham with the 'MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA' and similar. I just wish there was an otherwise compelling angle to his character.

"It's awesome" works only if you do find it awesome.

Just T

Watching Mahouka was weird, besides the obvious crap. Every time I thought about watching the new episode my enthusiasm would drop all the way, left an episode on pause for over an hour one time but once I started and finished it I would think ah, that wasn't that bad. A repeating process...

Mahouka was bad for me because there isn't actually any real tension in the show/story because as long as you're on the MC(aka God)'s side you are guaranteed to win because he never actually loses and won't ever come close to losing, will make sure his team always wins and there is nobody even remotely close to his level because he is perfect and if he is ever not perfect that is because he chose to not be perfect in that moment. Oh and EVERY woman in a country mile wants to fuck him, even married ones.

The only real question is when he is gonna bang his sister and how much style will he beat his foes with.

In short I hate MCs created to be perfect and Tatsuya is the godl standard example of this. He is author self insert wanking at its finest.

Cornbread78

Did we ever get to see why imouto lust after big bro so much? We need to get the rest of the back story. Plus, Jimongi and class president were awesome.

I mean I still like him going ham with the 'MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA' and similar. I just wish there was an otherwise compelling angle to his character.

"It's awesome" works only if you do find it awesome.

Part 4 gets a doozy

Jaxec

I think you'll like Part 4's main villain a lot. He's a lot of people's favorite, mine included. He's also very different from DIO and you get to see a lot more of him throughout the part, but it does take a while for him to show up. He also has one of the best stands in the entire series so look forward to it.

I also think you'll enjoy the minor antagonists more in this part. They're not just henchmen thrown at the heros like with a lot of part 3. And there stands are a whole hell of a lot better. The cast is also a lot more fun and developed in my opinion and the new Jojo is a great mix between Jonathon, Joseph, and Jotato. So I hope you can enjoy this upcoming part.

Cornbread78

Nope but im excited to see others criticize it every week while continuing to watch it.

Wait, that describes almost every show watched here, outside of OPM and Rakugo and maybe a couple others. Everything else is $hit...

No new thread yet, this must be the work of an enemy stand.
Also, what will the subtitle be?

BGBW's harem girls are all over for a visit, so he said to come back in 5 or so hours. Life is hard for an LN MC like BGBW ya know....

Anyhow, let's do this:

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Still working on backlog until Spring OT opens

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| PSO is dead; moved on to Onigiri online

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| The goblins should rule the world

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| I still really suck at these

Very random question...

I am an Ergo Proxy fan, obviously (see avatar), but do not own it on any home media due to a lengthy wait for a potential Blu-ray release, which has not yet come to fruition. I have been getting impatient and am teetering on a DVD purchase on Amazon due to a good price point. Before I do this, should I hold out any hope that this gets a Blu-ray release?

Just following up on this from a few pages back.

Anyone?

Just T

Mahouka was bad for me because there isn't actually any real tension in the show/story because as long as you're on the MC(aka God)'s side you are guaranteed to win because he never actually loses and won't ever come close to losing, will make sure his team always wins and there is nobody even remotely close to his level because he is perfect and if he is ever not perfect that is because he chose to not be perfect in that moment. Oh and EVERY woman in a country mile wants to fuck him, even married ones.

The only real question is when he is gonna bang his sister and how much style will he beat his foes with.

In short I hate MCs created to be perfect and Tatsuya is the godl standard example of this. He is author self insert wanking at its finest.
That's a fair criticism, it was never really wondering if he would win just how he would or what technique would he pull out next to be explained in way I just might not get. But out of the two siblings it was Miyuki I couldn't stand, every time I watch Durarara I'm reminded of that.

brawly

What even is this and where even to begin. After 70+ episodes you still can't cope with the "none of this makes sense" thing? How did you even finish it? And the series was plastered with awesome villains on every corner, Oingo and Boingo just to name two.

Whatever floats your boat, JoJo clearly isn't that.

Have they confirmed to have a BD release? If not, and if the DVD a good price on Amazon, then you might as well pull the trigger now and buy it. I'm guessing it's the Anime Classics print collection?

It is. How is the quality on these, generally? No Blu-ray release has been confirmed, to my knowledge. My hesitance to purchase the DVD collection stems from uncertainty over whether a BD release is likely.

Line_HTX

It is. How is the quality on these, generally? No Blu-ray release has been confirmed, to my knowledge. My hesitance to purchase the DVD collection stems from uncertainty over whether a BD release is likely.

I do not know how likely it'll get one, since it's pretty old at this point, roughly 10 years old, I think. I highly doubt it'll get one ever. Where are you hearing this?

The DVD quality is pretty good, as I own this particular print myself. IIRC they have this label because it sold well enough to get a reprint or something.

I do not know how likely it'll get one, since it's pretty old at this point, roughly 10 years old, I think. I highly doubt it'll get one ever. Where are you hearing this?

The DVD quality is pretty good, as I own this particular print myself. IIRC they have this label because it sold well enough to get a reprint or something.

Hearing what? Apologies if my post was unclear - my point was that I hadn't heard anything and was curious if it would ever get a BD release. I appreciate your responses - just decided to pick this up! It also puts me over the new $49 limit for free shipping, so there's a bit of silver lining.

Line_HTX

Hearing what? Apologies if my post was unclear - my point was that I hadn't heard anything and was curious if it would ever get a BD release. I appreciate your responses - just decided to pick this up! It also puts me over the new $49 limit for free shipping, so there's a bit of silver lining.

No problem. Free shipping is always good! :p

While we're at it, I'm going to have to go for other old series with the "Anime Classics" print. I think I saw Lain there at one point. Oh well, it's cheaper to buy those at conventions anyway, so I'm not in a hurry.

I watched all of Dagashi Kashi, Konosuba, and Myriad Colors Phantom World over the weekend, and most of Grimgar.

What am I doing?

Holy hell, that's a binge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom