• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Space Patrol Luloco 01
015233opsw3.jpg

Enjoyed it. Not sure if it won't get stale after few more episodes but I'm in for the time being.

pbayne

Space Patrol Luluco 1

lol Everyone talks in exposition. It was definitely a bit mental. In for Kamina/Inferno cop dude.

duckroll

Just imagine a short anime (~7mins) starring an off-brand Mako who isn't anywhere as enduring, and production values that shift between Ninja Slayer and KLK's cheaper moments.

Line_HTX

Just imagine a short anime (~7mins) starring an off-brand Mako who isn't anywhere as enduring, and production values that shift between Ninja Slayer and KLK's cheaper moments.

Oh, Luluco is a short? Well, at least that's one less 20 minute hassle to deal with, lol.

I'm going to withhold any impressions until BGBW is not busy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want to help speed things along dumb a description for any of the shows on [post=199747606]this list[/post]. A quote for the four recommendation could also be nice.

We'll at least always have GL, GBF and Shin Mazinger Z as the shows on whose quality we can at least agree to a degree. :p

Code Geass is a show I don't even watch for the mecha.

The amount of insanity that the entire thing gave me later on was an experience I won't soon forget.

Shows like Valvrave and Cross Ange are mere imitators by comparison.

Code Geass was a zeitgeist that I wish I could have been a part of while the show was still airing. It's up there with Endless Eight, Madoka Magica, and Samurai Flamenco in terms of "You had to be there" things in anime.

duckroll

Here you go BGBW:

Boku no Hero Academia: BONES x GBF Director x Mushishi Designer = Yet Another Superhero Series. Comicbook fatigue setting in any moment now.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Can Dan Brown kick Bram Stoker's ass? You probably won't find out in this show but it would be nice if you did.

Kidou Senshi Gundam RE: 0096: It's the same crappy Gundam OVA you already saw, split into 20+ episodes with the same shitty music.

Mayoiga: 30 people on a bus to a town in the middle of nowhere. Is this the Japanese Hunger Games, or will it just make us hunger for more Shirobako from the director instead?

Uchuu Patrol Luluco: Imagine Mako from Kill la Kill in a short anime series being not as funny as Mako. That about sums it up.

Wanderer5

Space Patrol Luluco #1

Over Justice and Inferno Cop crossover please.:p

Well that was enjoyable so far, but shall see how it goes with the main character. The introduction of Over Justice was pretty amusing through, and I hope he continues to be great. The ending song is a pretty cute idea too.

This is what happens when you mix Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann and Inferno Cop. Good and very enjoyable start.

Lol, yeah that pretty much sums it up.

Theonik

It's Yui time! U. I. Get it? Also Asuna beats on some scrubs and Yui has a mental breakdown.
K-ON!! did it better.

There is no experience more harrowing than going to an anime convention in an English speaking country.

Well i never made it past episode one, theres just better anime outthere to spend my time and energy on.
I imagine it would be right in your alley if it was about cute boys, imagine the tension!

We're talking about someone who originally worked as a production assistant at IG back when they were at the top of their game with GitS, before forming his own studio. I'm sure he knows that not every fan is like that, but the tweet is less of one where he is saying "look what I learned today" and more one where he laments that this is still a prevailing business attitude.
Yes. And looking at the anime people are pushing to appeal to western fans it seems that it's something companies are trying to capitalise on!

i want that wallpaper sized
Waifu2x to the rescue

e: Or you might prefer this

It's not a surprise considering how hard they've been pushing Trigger's shows, but it looks like Crunchyroll is on the production comittee for Space Patrol Luluco and probably Kiznaiver as well.

Ascheroth

Lulucop - 01

Inferno Cop Kamina the best.
Bring on the insanity.

Ushio to Tora - 27

It's baaack.
And they aren't wasting any time. Things are getting serious.
Hakumen no Mono memory erasing Ushio and Tora from everyone and their mother makes for an interesting change in dynamics.

If you want to help speed things along dumb a description for any of the shows on [post=199747606]this list[/post]. A quote for the four recommendation could also be nice.

I wrote one for super lovers

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shounen Ai
Manga/ Studio: DEEN
Streaming: CR Wednesday, April 6 at 11:05am PT

While spending summer with his mother, Haru meets Ren, a boy newly adopted by his mother. Getting along with Ren isn't easy as Haru's goal is to "civilize" him by the time summer ends. Their relationship slowly improves as Haru spends more time with Ren and in return Ren steadily warms up to him. Can they really become a "family" at the end of summer!?

"Super Lovers is a wholesome manga focusing on the heart. Striking at the core of what makes a human a human it brilliantly highlights the touching relationship between a young orphaned Canadian boy taken in by a prominent writer's family. After a fateful encounter over the summer, the manga switches gears and becomes a dazzling coming of age story of the adopted boy and his relationship with the Kaidou family in Japan.

This innovative series goes against the grain for the romantic drama. Featuring people pursing their dreams of starting their own business while working at a host club, a boy as he grows through the years out of his natural Canadian environment and in the dazzling cities of Japan, and the myriad friendships and family relationships that develop in Japan, it has something to appeal to everyone. It will have one of the purest and most pleasing brotherly love moments anyone could ask for animated. Its a must watch."

Sölf

Shin Sekai Yori 08
Eeeew, who brought all this
gayness
into my animu?! Worst series ever. I have to watch something normal to forget all this.
Anyone knows any good yuri anime?

I am actually a bit bummed to continue, because I already know that
Squealer is an antagonist
. Why do I know that already? D:

yami4ct

So the new Trigger short is just Imaishi on a budget? Good to know I don't have to watch. I can't stand the guy's work to begin with (Aside from TTGL, which I think is just OK), so the idea that you're taking away the one thing that makes his shit potentially interesting sounds absolutely insufferable.

Cornbread78

You could use some of the descriptions in Cornbread's preview thread. Especially the one about Super Lovers...

To be fair, do you know what Super Lovers is about? Do you want to find out? It's properly marked as BL, lol.

But yeah, the rest should work fine.

Do you need further edits BGBW? I'll be back in the office in an hour or so and can help.

Sölf;199858848 said:
Shin Sekai Yori 08
Eeeew, who brought all this
gayness
into my animu?! Worst series ever. I have to watch something normal to forget all this.
Anyone knows any good yuri anime?

I am actually a bit bummed to continue, because I already know that
Squealer is an antagonist
. Why do I know that already? D:

I guess Names wasn't the only one. Beware the rath of Ducky... lol

It looks like a bunch of franchises/sequels to me!

Flying Witch? Kumamiko? Tanaka-kun is Always Listless? Not to mention that some of the returning shows are highly creative and admirable, such as Kagewani and Concrete Revolutio.

Don't become that bitter lapsed anime fan whose only interest in anime is when they do a revival of that franchise from back when anime was good.

Sterok

Aikatsu 178 (End)

Top idol Aoi Kiriya showing why she's still top idol. She is going to run Starlight well someday. So Calendar Girl is the final song. Appropriate. Too bad Yurika, Kaede, and Shion never got anything this season. And a little race for Akari's sake. And that's season 4. Can't say I'm happy about all the shilling Akari got, but the rest was decent.

I started watching Aikatsu last July I think, so I don't have years of attachment to this show. But I have enjoyed it very much all the same, at points looking forward to it more than the weekly Precure episode. It's my first (and really only not counting Nurse Witch Komugi) idol show, and so it's important to me. Hopefully Stars improves further on these idol activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom