• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to break it to you marks, but The Undertaker is very obviously going to retire, and Sting doesn't rate a match, even with a streakless one-match-a-year Taker, in the first place.

I hope it doesn't. Still, I said it COULD, not that I hoped it would. My eyebrow arched and laughter was barely stifled whenever anyone said that no-one but Sting would warrant ending the streak.

Meek in-experienced Paige isn't hot, I look forward to her Anti-Diva shtick coming out ASAP so she can kick some serious ass and have me believe it.

Meek in-experienced Paige was a hot as shit gimmick in Shimmer back in the day, but she had her amazing mother heeling it up like crazy.

Either bring in Sweet Saraya, WWE, or make Paige a badass Anti-Diva again. Either way works for me.

Marvel

could never
Meek in-experienced Paige was a hot as shit gimmick in Shimmer back in the day, but she had her amazing mother heeling it up like crazy.

Either bring in Sweet Saraya, WWE, or make Paige a badass Anti-Diva again. Either way works for me.

It worked in Shimmer but this is now, she's been solid for years so I was legit shocked at the sudden step backwards to what we've been seeing from her over on NXT.

DMczaf

It should have ended with Undertaker facing his first WM opponent again.

Snuka comes to the ring....and then cops surround the ring. Taker's entire career was a Pennsylvania Police Department sting operation.

Hex

Banned
Well I also heard that Kane was being used differently as more of a developmental guy for wrestlers behind the scenes.

Well you can not do the monster thing with a guy who is going to be working a full schedule, it just gets old.
Taker worked once here and once there so it was something that could happen.
Kane put guys over, and worked all facets of the job and while he is not my favorite character his contribution is huge and my respect for what he does and has done is huge.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZCP_Gyl2sg

God damn, watching this again and marking out again.
I so hope they make the most of this storyline.

I'm hoping the meek rookie shit was just for that one moment. Having someone build themselves up in development like that, especially now days with how the system works and being widely available to everyone to see only to change the gimmick/character personality the moment they're called up is stupid.

I didn't like hot shotting the belt onto her either. =\

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
was this posted ?

Regarding why Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX may have seemed off, it’s said that The Undertaker didn’t know what they were doing and had to rely on Lesnar to keep them going.

concussion completey fucked his memory of remmebering spots, probs also why when brock kept throwing up to ground taker did nothing to stop his head being planted so bad

Rapstah

was this posted ?

Regarding why Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX may have seemed off, it’s said that The Undertaker didn’t know what they were doing and had to rely on Lesnar to keep them going.

concussion completey fucked his memory of remmebering spots, probs also why when brock kept throwing up to ground taker did nothing to stop his head being planted so bad

Bryan Alvarez analysed that the match would probably have been all right if Undertaker hadn't gotten a concussion a couple of minutes in, and your quote seems like overanalysis of that statement by him.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan Alvarez analysed that the match would probably have been all right if Undertaker hadn't gotten a concussion a couple of minutes in, and your quote seems like overanalysis of that statement by him.

yes was quoting from reports wernt show if it was already put there

Nicktendo86

Taker fell victim to what Jake the Snake talked about in his speech.

His heart and mind want to go but physically he couldn't but instead of accepting that he went ahead anyways so he could lose the streak.

So fans got to see a sadder sight than anything even in the movie The Wrestler. It was a sad pathetic ending for his Career
Up until the point he got the concussion he was doing fine. Yes it was slow and methodical, but he was still flipping backwards over the top rope, jumping on Lesnar from the apron, hell he even managed a tombstone whilst concussed so bad it required a nigt at the hospital. I really think if he didn't get the concussion we could have had a satisfactory, if not great, final Taker match.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Read earlier today that Taker forgot most of the match spots due to the concussion, which is why the match was so awkward and bad. All the planning went out the window and Taker had to rely on Brock to guide him through the motions.

iMax

terabyte did the closest. Everything but Taker.

Did anyone predict Brock winning?

Damn completely missed it live but just had it pointed out to me, Lawler gives away the ending of Taker's match as the bell rings to start the match. He says really quietly, 'I didn't think he'd finish it in this match'.

No, he says "I don't envy the official of this match".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone predict Brock winning?

A couple, but it wasn't enough. Here's the predictions:

WrassleGAF's Wrestlemania XXX By The Numbers:
EO3nBkA.jpg

cl0mCaY.jpg

YoJ5ivP.jpg

iWtT2hd.jpg

rZaWIai.jpg

vnbfTmj.jpg

w5M7eKY.jpg

kH29QMN.jpg

It should have ended with Undertaker facing his first WM opponent again.

Snuka comes to the ring....and then cops surround the ring. Taker's entire career was a Pennsylvania Police Department sting operation.

I would have liked him to face a gauntlet of all his past opponents for his final match

Rapstah

I was complaining to friends yesterday that the caskets and tombstones for his victims were going to be more tasteless the more of his victims actually died but I guess that's not a thing we have to worry about now. Oops!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was complaining to friends yesterday that the caskets and tombstones for his victims were going to be more tasteless the more of his victims actually died but I guess that's not a thing we have to worry about now. Oops!

We're really fortunate Benoit never faced Taker at Mania. That'd be pretty awkward.

Read some conspiracy that the Plan was for Taker to Win this year and face Sting next year after a on off year long feud and end the streak. Takers sudden injury destroyed those plans and so they went with the back up plan of brock winning.

Have no idea how viable that is I don't follow wrestling much these days.

Read some conspiracy that the Plan was for Taker to Win this year and face Sting next year after a on off year long feud and end the streak. Takers sudden injury destroyed those plans and so they went with the back up plan of brock winning.

I don't believe it. Plus I still don't think it would've been smart t to put sting up against taker when he has the streak. His fate would've been sealed with a loss from the get go since he's the last person to break the streak.

KissVibes

Banned
Remembering that Undertaker legitimately likes Limp Bizkit solidifies my happiness he was beaten in one of the worst matches of all time.

Also, he only still had that streak because Nathan Jones saved his stupid ass that one year.

Rather have Lesnar end it over a WCW legend/TNA star like Sting ending it.

So apparently Fandango and Summer Rae have "broken up" and it's been done over Twitter. Imagine what other wrestling break ups could've happened via social media if it had been around at the time.

Thinking about this Mania it's actually shocking how little bullshit it had compared to most Wrestlemanias:

-No Celebrities (unless you count the Rock)
-No Concerts - I thought for sure we were getting a boring ass Kid Rock concert.
-Only one in ring promo, and they made sure that it was awesome
- All of the important matches got over 20 minutes. In fact, my quick half assed research seems to indicate that this is the first wrestlemania EVER that had 4 matches over 20 minutes
-Very little in the way of brawling or gimmick matches. Triple H used a chair after his match and Cena threatened to use a chair. There was a sledgehammer spot. There was only one announce table spot.

It is not a Wrestlemania that would have fit very well in the attitude era (and that is a good thing in this case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom