• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure they want to wait on Sami 'cause he's totally gonna be a big deal when they bring him in. they're pushing a lot of big deals right now!

God damn I marked out like crazy when the Shield's music started.
I have been wanting them to get involved in this shit forever, so f'ing awesome.
That entire segment had me on the edge of my seat, then the Shield's music hit, and the "Hounds of Justice" chant started, then that amazing shot of them on the apron, and.....

hitme

Daniel Bryan shows up on TNA Impact...
1396933344840.gif

Rewatching WM, mainly the Taker match and its pretty obvious JBL, Cole and Lawler had no idea the streak was ending. JBL especially, so bout of character for him to be speechless and....humble LOL.

People love Bray Wyatt just because he fought John Cena and lost.

Seriously, if they need any heels pushed, just let them fight Cena and lose. They will become fan favorite.

So did we get through wrestlemania season without a on screen appearance from Vince?

Thats a bummer. I know this was a real Triple H / Stephanie run show but still... I at least expected him on raw to plant the seeds of a Triple H / Mr Mcmahon feud

Edgeward

I really don't need or want a McMahon/Trips feud to hog up the time on Raw. The amount of time dedicated to segments and in ring promos would be painful

I really don't need or want a McMahon/Trips feud to hog up the time on Raw. The amount of time dedicated to segments and in ring promos would be painful

Well I figure we will see Vince coming down and putting Triple H on indefinite leave or something.

Then they can pick it up again at a big PPV

That seems like the end game from the triple H power fantasy storyline. Triple H versus Vince for all the marbles. Triple H wins.

Vince is nearly 70 though. Jeez. Yeah he would probably need a stand in now. When was his last match? That time him and punk beat the snot out of each other?

kirblar

It's been said he has signed a deal with WWE and at a recent Wrestlecon event he said his new favorite number is 31
I would put money on a one-night-only double retirement match with UT. It explains why you'd break the streak now, since it adds actual tension to their matches' outcome.

Seriously, if they need any heels pushed, just let them fight Cena and lose. They will become fan favorite.

The Wyatts have been over since Day 1 and have only picked up huge momentum before Cena was even in the picture in any way. Their match with the Shield was off the charts hot.

Nobody knows.

Its not on the Extreme Rules poster so I guess its not happening soon.

I guess they will do it when the new TV deal is sorted, If they switch networks they can rebrand a little.

When the 'attitude era' logo came out, did they roll it out in a similarly slow fashion? I can't remember.

Trojan X

Banned
damn he loves saying lesnars name
That segment was frigging awesome!! Damn, those mic skills are to be admired. Regarding loving brock's name, no. It's called "drilling", my friend. The name was drilled along with the reality of brock's achievements, and the stance of the undertaker. Frankly, all of that was needed.

Of course the trophy got smashed, I'm pretty sure it's an actual prowrestling rule that if someone is presented with one it has to be destroyed. Nice they debuted Paige, would've been even nicer if they handled it better and didn't hotshot the title on to her, was odd they didn't even make a reference to her being the NXT divas champion, that could've added a bit more to AJ's promo especially since like AJ, Paige has been champion for almost as long at NXT. Rusev is still meh but VMENYAH! Adam Rose vignettes already? Okay then...

If Sting was meant to show up tonight I wonder if it was held off because of the Undertaker being hurt, could still happen next week or something. But meh, even if he's really been hitting the gym and doing a lot of cardio I really don't want to see mid-50s out of shape Sting in the ring again.

Bolieve.

Alucard

Banned

Nope. People love Bray Wyatt because his promos are awesome. They loved him before he faced Cena, although taking on the shitty posterboy didn't hurt.

And smart move not giving Cena a mic last night. He would've been destroyed.

Kaladin

Of course the trophy got smashed, I'm pretty sure it's an actual prowrestling rule that if someone is presented with one it has to be destroyed. Nice they debuted Paige, would've been even nicer if they handled it better and didn't hotshot the title on to her, was odd they didn't even make a reference to her being the NXT divas champion, that could've added a bit more to AJ's promo especially since like AJ, Paige has been champion for almost as long at NXT. Rusev is still meh but VMENYAH! Adam Rose vignettes already? Okay then...

If Sting was meant to show up tonight I wonder if it was held off because of the Undertaker being hurt, could still happen next week or something. But meh, even if he's really been hitting the gym and doing a lot of cardio I really don't want to see mid-50s out of shape Sting in the ring again.

Bolieve.

I'm pretty sure they did mention Paige being NXT champion.

TnK

Brock might have rushed the finish because of how bad taker was hurt, but it was planned that taker was losing.
I see. For some odd reason I thought that taker was planned to win but the referee count to three by mistake. That, or undertaker was really tired/hurt.

It really is quite shocking to see him lose though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I see. For some odd reason I thought that taker was planned to win but the referee count to three by mistake. That, or undertaker was really tired/hurt.

It really is quite shocking to see him lose though.

if it was an accident they wouldnt have had a 21-1 graphic on hand to use.

The ref would have done one of those weird sticks his hand under the Taker's shoulders and pretends he barely got one up if Taker was hurt but was supposed to win. Then he'd gesture and gyrate for a while with Brock trying to figure out what to do next, most likely a roll-up (lol) or something quick to get it over with.

Taker was scripted to lose last night, Vince and co just did a brilliant job of preventing the outcome from leaking out before the event. Taker probably realized his body just can't take this kind of abuse much longer, even if it is just once a year. Brock has always been the guy that Taker wanted to lose to. With the burden of the Streak lifted, Taker can now retire or if his health checks out have that one last retirement match against Sting next year, that without the Streak looming over it could be a great feud even if both men are old and battered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom