• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Banned
I've not seen RAW yet but i take it there was no Undertaker or Sting appearance ?

I've got some (bad) news for you:

pV9KVzG.gif

No Taker or Sting, but BNB is in a match!

bodine1231

But meh, even if he's really been hitting the gym and doing a lot of cardio I really don't want to see mid-50s out of shape Sting in the ring again.

Bolieve.

Wrestle? No

Come down from the rafters,hit a few people with a bat then Scorpion Death Drop someone? Fuck yes

TnK

if it was an accident they wouldnt have had a 21-1 graphic on hand to use.
Never thought of that, that's true.

The ref would have done one of those weird sticks his hand under the Taker's shoulders and pretends he barely got one up if Taker was hurt but was supposed to win. Then he'd gesture and gyrate for a while with Brock trying to figure out what to do next, most likely a roll-up (lol) or something quick to get it over with.
The more you learn I guess.
Taker was scripted to lose last night, Vince and co just did a brilliant job of preventing the outcome from leaking out before the event. Taker probably realized his body just can't take this kind of abuse much longer, even if it is just once a year. Brock has always been the guy that Taker wanted to lose to. With the burden of the Streak lifted, Taker can now retire or if his health checks out have that one last retirement match against Sting next year, that without the Streak looming over it could be a great feud even if both men are old and battered.
Does that mean his slower movements last night was because him being tired, or losing a but of fighting spirit knowing that he was meant to lose?

The guy really felt the end of an era when he was slowly getting up after his loss.

antonz

Taker fell victim to what Jake the Snake talked about in his speech.

His heart and mind want to go but physically he couldn't but instead of accepting that he went ahead anyways so he could lose the streak.

So fans got to see a sadder sight than anything even in the movie The Wrestler. It was a sad pathetic ending for his Career

bigkrev

I wonder at what point he got it. The match didn't look too impactful(thank you Lesnar), but I guess everything is hard on you at Taker's age and size. Props for him on finishing it up.

There was a double leg takedown on the mats outside the ring in the first few minutes- pretty sure thats where he got it

Patryn

Does that mean his slower movements last night was because him being tired, or losing a but of fighting spirit knowing that he was meant to lose?

It's more likely because he was heavily concussed very, very early into the match. Someone said he actually lost consciousness for a few seconds. After that happened he apparently was telling Lesner to slow down, and Lesner was trying really hard to be really gentle with him, but Taker started taking a ton of bumps wrong and hitting his head a bunch more.

I also agree that the probable original plan was to have Sting debut tonight during a Taker promo about the Streak ending, but Taker's condition prohibited him from showing up. I wouldn't be shocked if there are discussion on-going about Taker just outright retiring and what, if any, role Sting should have in the current product. I could see a situation where if Taker decides that he's done, Sting may just show up to be inducted into the HoF and that's that.

If Taker's off the table, pretty much the only match I can see working for Sting would be Sting vs. HHH to avenge the treatment of WCW during the Invasion. And I doubt HHH would put Sting over, and I doubt Sting would want to lose that particular match.

slit

It's more likely because he was heavily concussed very, very early into the match. Someone said he actually lost consciousness for a few seconds. After that happened he apparently was telling Lesner to slow down, and Lesner was trying really hard to be really gentle with him, but Taker started taking a ton of bumps wrong and hitting his head a bunch more.

I also agree that the probable original plan was to have Sting debut tonight during a Taker promo about the Streak ending, but Taker's condition prohibited him from showing up. I wouldn't be shocked if there are discussion on-going about Taker just outright retiring and what, if any, role Sting should have in the current product. I could see a situation where if Taker decides that he's done, Sting may just show up to be inducted into the HoF and that's that.

If Taker's off the table, pretty much the only match I can see working for Sting would be Sting vs. HHH to avenge the treatment of WCW during the Invasion. And I doubt HHH would put Sting over, and I doubt Sting would want to lose that particular match.

I doubt it. It's not like Taker or Triple H are the only opponents for Sting to have.

I'm sure he'll have at least one match in WWE if for nothing else than because it's never happened.

TnK

Well that explains a lot, thanks.

markatisu

Sting could easily show up and be the manager/head guy of the Shield. With his Crow/justice gimmick fully in tact it would require him to do little wrestling and mostly mic work. If done right it could be pretty epic given the muscle of the Shield behind him against HHH and his cronies

I'm enjoying hogan coming out to little reactions, he's played out

Yes he's a legend but he comes off as a snake. Austin and rock's pop at WMXXX were 10x what Hogan drew

Last night in RAW it was embarrassing how little the audience cared to see hogan doing his same tired shtick

I'm enjoying hogan coming out to little reactions, he's played out

Yes he's a legend but he comes off as a snake. Austin and rock's pop at WMXXX were 10x what Hogan drew

Last night in RAW it was embarrassing how little the audience cared to see hogan doing his same tired shtick

Lol funny how Ultimate Warrior got a bigger pop than him

Raw was great overall

- loved the Barrett pop with 'Engerland' chants
- Adam and Bo woooooo
- great that Paige won the title but that was a terrible terrible way to debut her in honesty
- Cesaro, Bray and the shield are mega over

KissVibes

Banned
Paige sounded like shit on the mic last night. She sounded awkward and nervous, although it's not like she was killing in in NXT either. She better get a million times better if she's going to feud with AJ and eventually, everyone else. Ya'll may be tired of AJ but on the microphone she was running laps around all the other Divas while carrying them on her shoulders.

Her paige turner was also sloppy as shit too.

And obviously she's going to turn heel. The wishing of congratulations and good luck was just a ploy to take down an overconfident AJ. Proving that the 13 other women should be ashamed to call themselves wrestlers, when she did in five minutes what none of them could do in nearly 10 months.

I'm pretty sure they did mention Paige being NXT champion.

Ah, yeah just went back and checked and Cole did mention it as she was coming down. My bad. Probably a good thing she didn't bring the title out with her since it looks so much better than the main roster's Barbie belt.

Wrestle? No

Come down from the rafters,hit a few people with a bat then Scorpion Death Drop someone? Fuck yes

Yeah but would they do the rafters spot? They've stuck to the never doing it again after Owen was killed for almost 15 years now, zip line maybe but I can't see them going back with him dropping down, regardless of it being a part of Sting's Crow gimmick.

Marvel

could never
Meek in-experienced Paige isn't hot, I look forward to her Anti-Diva shtick coming out ASAP so she can kick some serious ass and have me believe it.

Someone just broke into my apartment. Police are on their way. They didn't take anything, at least I can't tell if anything is missing yet. I'm pissed and a bit unnerved.

Damn it :/

Oh posted in wrong thread. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Anti-Diva gimmick has been done before.
zdig3uZ.jpg

Someone just broke into my apartment. Police are on their way. They didn't take anything, at least I can't tell if anything is missing yet. I'm pissed and a bit unnerved.

Damn it :/

That really fucking blows.

My parents' place got broken into. All that was stolen were heirlooms. Didn't touch anything with money value. THAT is frustrating. Hope they ran off.

I can see Undertaker - Sting happening regardless, as long as Undertaker's health isn't just that bad in general. It's not going to be a bump-fest, it's not going to be threatening for either man - it's just a 'once in a lifetime' attraction, like Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon.

I can see Undertaker - Sting happening regardless, as long as Undertaker's health isn't just that bad in general. It's not going to be a bump-fest, it's not going to be threatening for either man - it's just a 'once in a lifetime' attraction, like Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon.

Sting is terrible, hasn't had a good match in years and now is so pathetic he wears a shirt to cover his gut while he wrestles

Undertaker can barely move and has relied on being carried his last 5 matches

Taker/Sting would be one of the worst matches ever

Toki767

Sting is terrible, hasn't had a good match in years and now is so pathetic he wears a shirt to cover his gut while he wrestles

Undertaker can barely move and has relied on being carried his last 5 matches

Taker/Sting would be one of the worst matches ever

Sting has proven that he could get into shape if he really wanted to. Undertaker is probably better off never wrestling again though.

I hate to break it to you marks, but The Undertaker is very obviously going to retire, and Sting doesn't rate a match, even with a streakless one-match-a-year Taker, in the first place.

Sting has proven that he could get into shape if he really wanted to. Undertaker is probably better off never wrestling again though.

Sting has been carried in almost every TNA match he's been in for the last 5 years. Getting in shape (which he won't do) isn't going to give him his speed or quickness back.

Toki767

Kane hasn't had as many injuries as Taker, nor has he been wrestling as long or really had as many grueling matches. He was protected pretty much his entire run when he originally debuted as Kane.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
if it was an accident they wouldnt have had a 21-1 graphic on hand to use.

while i'm sure it was all known beforehand, that graphic could've been thrown together in about fifteen seconds by anyone with a copy of after effects. it's just static text over stock footage. could have even done it live with a mixer.

if anything, it's suspiciously vanilla for a wwe graphic.

KissVibes

Banned
How the hell is Kane in such good shape? The guy is only 2 years younger than old man Taker.

DDP Yoga.

DDP is secretly the greatest person alive and probably the most inspiring dude alive. I think WWE should hire him, if only to just give rookies advice on life and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom