• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Long War |Let's Play| Invaders Must Die

Jintor

Tangaroo: Deraldin, grab that can. The rest of you, move up. Doczu, get some height.
Doczu: On it.
Deraldin: Yessir.
Sciz: Reloading…
Lamptramp: On the move.

[meld canister stabilises]

ib1aEaHontvCOd.jpg

<--timestamp advance +56 seconds-->

Doczu: Position set.

ib0TRzFuc7LUFl.jpg

Lamptramp: Aren&#8217;t you a tad exposed up there?
Doczu: It&#8217;s fine as long as you don&#8217;t let any of &#8216;em near me. You&#8217;re not gonna do that, are you?
Sciz: Wasn&#8217;t planning on it.

Tangaroo: Deraldin, you&#8217;re MELD runner for now-
Deraldin: Sir, I hear movement!

i0v4yUfWa9SE7.jpg

Tangaroo: Don&#8217;t see anything&#8230;
Deraldin: IFF patching through to squad sight now.

irT9aI8X2JWK6.jpg

Doczu: Peekaboo, motherfucker.

[sniper rifle shot]

ibhnJi8CJ4sNUA.jpg

Jintor

ib0D4pVlWU89dg.jpg

Tangaroo: Good eyes, Deraldin. Grab the can and get up there.
Deraldin: On it.
Doczu: One more’s scrambling…

[meld canister stabilises]

Deraldin: Where is it?
Ducz: No eyes on from here.
Sciz: Think it went around here… hmmm…
Lamptramp: Nope.
Palehorse: Nada.

Tangaroo: …I think he’s over there.

i9WRs58FWM8qA.jpg

Tagnaroo: He’s moving-
Deraldin: Firing!

[automatic rifle fire]

ibrlUYdy7JbRYF.jpg

Doczu: Tanga, I’ve got a shot.
Tangaroo: Better save it. We can feed these rooks a bit… which of you doesn’t have any kills?
Lamptramp: I’m still on nil, sir.
Tangaroo: Okay, you have first dibs, but after that it’s a free-for-all. Doczu, you clean up if this goes south.
Doczu: Roger.

Tangaroo: I’m gonna pop his overwatch first… get ready to move the second he misses.
Lamptramp: -wait, what?
Sciz: Sir, that’s suicidal!
Doczu: Don't worry, rooks, he’s got training for this kind of thing.
Tangaroo: No time for arguing. One… two… THREE!

[plasma pistol discharge]

ixN2TlAp02Rcg.jpg

Tangaroo: FIRE!
Lamptramp: Shoo-
Palehorse: FIRING!

[automatic rifle fire]

iCGHVzr2FI0yh.jpg

Sciz: Hey!
Palehorse: Oops, sorry.
Tangaroo: Goddamnit, Horse, weren’t you listening?
Palehorse: Finger slipped.
Tangaroo: Seriously? We’re meant to be professionals here.
Palehorse: It’s dead, isn’t it?
Sciz: Yeah, but that was Lamptramp’s shot first.
Palehorse: I said I was sorry, okay?
Lamptramp: Goddamnit.

Doczu: The sad thing is, the way the review board works, Horsey’s gonna get the promotion even though he wasn’t listening to orders.
Sciz: Yeah, that is kind of depressing.
Tangaroo: Central says we’re done and dusted, Omega. Who’s up for Chinese?

iC31kslZ8iK6u.jpg

--- MISSION TRANSCRIPT ENDS ---

Jintor

ibeLRV9Xbb44pX.jpg

RECOVERED: 7 x Sectoid Corpse, 7 x Weapon Fragment, 21 x MELD

KILLS/MISSION BOARD &#8211; STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
Tangaroo: 5 | 3 (+1)
Doczu: 4 | 2 (+2)
Palehorse: 2 | 1 (+2)
Deraldin: 1 | 1 (+1)
Sciz: 1 | 1 (+1)
Lamptramp: 0 | 1 (-)

NB: SPEC Doczu has been assigned to Contact Team Bravo

Sciz

Personal log said:
Shit. They really are grays. Of all the things for the conspiracy nutjobs to be right about... What else is real, the Bermuda Triangle? The Illuminati? Actually, scratch that last one. I don't know who's at the very top of this operation, and suddenly I don't care to find out.

I don't even know where this base
is. Security protocol in case we get captured or something. For all I know we're headquartered in Area 51. I hope we are. The irony would be delicious, and not in the way some crazy bastard in the barracks keeps talking about.

I'm avoiding the subject. No wonder they have mandatory post-mission psych evaluations. Haven't been to mine yet. Got a memo saying I got promoted, though, and I'll be trained in tactical... stuff. Guess I should consider myself lucky to hear even that much with the secrecy and all, but they could at least tell me what my job's gonna be. I've heard command only decides when you show up, though, so it could be-

Right, still avoiding the subject. Maybe I do need some time on the psych couch. I already know what my job is: Shoot aliens. That's why I got promoted, after all. Shot it in the back. What a way to make first contact. Barely even registered at the time on account of Horse being creepy as hell in the comm nonstop, but I wonder if he wasn't doing it on purpose? Trying to keep our minds off the fact that we were shooting - and being shot
at - by honest-to-god aliens and all. Guess it worked. Nobody even ended up in medical, never mind on the Wall. Even with Tanga daring one to hit him. I thought for sure he was dead, but green fire flying at his head didn't even make him flinch. Duke Nukem wishes he had balls of steel that big.

I don't think I'm that brave, but I can at least cover the guys who are. Wonder if it's too late to ask for the biggest gun we have. If it's my job to shoot aliens, I'm gonna shoot some goddamn aliens.

note: Maybe ask engineering for a tinfoil hat, too.

As head psychologist for this operation, I can assure you that the mantatory post-mission psychiatric evaluations are nothing more than standard protocol. We have no reason to believe that any of our fine men are brittle enough to crack under the pressure of battle, and we definitely have no reason to believe that the enemy has weapons/technologies/unfathomable cranial powets that are capable of altering one's mental state.

No, this is purely ceremonial. No cause for worry at all.

Jintor

DIRECTOR&#8217;S NOTES &#8211; Budgetary Notes re: Council Monthly Report

It&#8217;s been a good first month of active operation, with a number of successful operations with only one casualty (very surprising considering the initial analyst projections). The oversight committee seems to be largely satisfied with our progress, and is releasing funds as promised.

We&#8217;ve also got another team of scientists being shuttled in from god-knows-where; as long as they&#8217;re security cleared, I&#8217;m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I've also authorised Dr. Provostzak's additional labs down on LVL-3 with this round of funding, as well as a Workshop by the Repair Bay for Dr. Mindlog to play with. Next up is another power generator, then an additional satellite nexus to attempt to get coverage over the entire North American continent.

iZ4zcJWpizms4.jpg

Hopefully the next month goes this smoothly. Somehow I doubt it though.

Lamptramp

Bloody Hell horse that's the second time your hair trigger has come between me and mine, and lets not forget that waitress in Quebec.

Beers on horse guys, one more toast for smurf!

*edit* several beers later and clearly still bitter, "and another thing what happened to Guns for show, knives for a pro?"

Baalzebup

Fantastic opening so far, really.
I mean apart from my arm.

What? Your arm, buddy? You maybe forgetting someone? Who was here just a fucking week ago? Cuz if you're saying that your arm getting burned is worse than Smurf buying a farm, you'll be eating a fist right quick and those studs of yours won't do shit.

Jintor

About time for some action! Sounds like we’re going to Japan for this one.

Japan, huh? I’ve always wanted to visit Japan. We gonna stop by Akihabara?

No such luck. Yokohama, not Tokyo. Some kind of Expressway, I think. No shopping.

Nuts.

Yeah, well, it sounds like we’ve got another milk run to deal with. Who’s in charge?

Says here Decoyplatypus is our shotty on this one. Overall command is… oh, man.

What?

Coolasj19.

That sniper guy. Thinks he’s hot shi-

STAY ALERT, rooks! I want you geared up and on that Skyranger in three minutes or less or you’ll be washing out the bio-labs again with a toothbrush and your gosh-darn spit if the plasma hasn’t burnt your face off first! Look alive!

SIR!

ibjSXCmlPBsvBS.jpg

Jintor

CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET
//INCIDENT REPORT_0009//
OPERATION BROKEN FATHER
<<YOKOHAMA, JAPAN>>

7 April 2016

STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
LCPL Coolasj19 (Sniper)
SPEC Decoyplatypus (Assault)
PFC Lamptramp
PFC Verbatimo
PFC Mupod
PFC Feonix

--- AUTHOR: LCPL COOLASJ19 ---

ibuR02Awm5zoGy.jpg

Strike Team Omega landed at the AO at 0220 AM local. Landing site was poor. Recommend Flight Lieutenant Bigsky be taken out back and shot. Seriously? Almost no cover. Total bull cacky.

ibkzt6e1wyXIf7.jpg

Directed Strike Team to cautiously proceed to nearest cover points. Cover points largely worthless, but better than nothing. No contact made within first 2-3 minutes of operation.

ibkIHtB93SJotO.jpg

ibu0IBmyfy1jLf.jpg

At T+213 seconds, a pair of sectoids blundered out of the fog and PFC Feonix shot one for its troubles. Partner escaped over a fence.

Jintor

Target was out of visibility range, so ordered Omega to overwatch for the moment while Decoyplatypus attempted to get a visual from the left flank. Almost immediately rewarded, but Platy’s no sniper, especially not with a pistol.

iOau5Qkc1KAcc.jpg

ib0my9FB3uMqUb.jpg

Feonix was a better shot, but couldn’t repeat her earlier feat.

imnxh5BahFlxx.jpg

In moving to a new position, PFC Lamptramp revealed a new type of enemy contact; some kind of floating monstrosity of turbines and claws. And guns, of course. Dang things hovered in place. Formal request to call them ‘Hoverers’. I want naming credit.

ipQwLHrZFZRSp.jpg

ibwUVAvRnac8St.jpg

iZhm0hAMCXrSO.jpg

My reaction time, naturally, was instantaneous.

Jintor

Hoverer exploded in flames. Rest of Strike Team, inspired by my feat, raced into action. PFC Mupod ‘naded two of them…

icb9u1OtOro33.jpg

And PFC Verbatimo filled one of the survivors with holes.

ibkdVy2st6ZQUg.jpg

First contact fled the battlefield…

ibqOhIv5uz8SPH.jpg

…while the surviving Hoverer appeared confused by the sudden turn of events.

ibtFKJQeWpY2oh.jpg

iWFwjlEXGkvxV.jpg

dkoy

Coolasj leading the team AND writing the mission report. This is totally going to be an objective unbiased report.

Let's hope he gives the other rooks a chance this time.

Jintor

Mupod missed a clear shot, but Verbatimo was more than happy to clean up.

ittwbv2GpCCzp.jpg

ibmcb5JXzhvJmp.jpg

Following, we regrouped and attempted to search for our missing friend. Platypus spotted it skittering behind one of the pillars.

inU5AY06neZwG.jpg

We were debating on the best way to take it out when Mupod made up for her atrocious miss earlier with a trick shot on 50/50 odds.

ibdPQacJRKeV4u.jpg

iSEm3lKDh0B3G.jpg

Feonix heard a MELD canister, but also discovered a pair of &#8216;bots.

ibzRZYl7XspX5H.jpg

I graciously let Lamptramp have the first shot, with Verbatimo cleaning up, again.

iso2VXn9CgslS.jpg

ibdEcrNwqNH6bv.jpg

No further contacts were detected in the course of artefact retrieval.

ibe4EDg52kFEbH.jpg

---REPORT ENDS---

Jintor

iBGl15lDkE7Pi.jpg

RECOVERED: 2 x Sectoid Corpse, 3 x “Floater” Corpse, 2 x Drone Wreck, 5 x Elerium, 5 x Alien Alloys, 7 x Weapon Fragments, 13 x MELD

KILLS/MISSION BOARD – STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
Coolasj: 8 | 3 (+1)
Verbatimo: 3 | 1 (+3)
Decoyplatypus: 1 | 3 (-)
Lamptramp: 1 | 2 (+1)
Mupod: 1 | 1 (+1)
Feonix: 1 | 1 (+1)

Doczu

In the mood for some character building, if shitty, then report me to the CO

first letter home said:
I don't know where to start. To be honest, i don't know what to write to you. I'm affraid this letter will be
REDACTED
. But i feel i need to say something...

Do you remember the day all this started? I do. I was sitting in a
REDACTED
shitty war. Once again politicians were
REDACTED
their stupid games and young guys and girls were fighting for
REDACTED
But just when we thought we would get the order to shoot we were told to put our weapons down. The war was over.

But another one started...

I know, when i called you i promised
REDACTED
. You may be mad at me for not keeping my promise, but
REDACTED

I was asked to attend a
REDACTED
- that's what they said. We sat in a
REDACTED
came. Instead, two
REDACTED
entered the room and asked if we would give them
a hand in the battle against the invaders.
I'm pretty sure you know what i'm talking about, it's propably all over the news now. At first i didn't believe a word they said. But then they showed us videos, photos of the
REDACTED.
I
REDACTED
. Not because i wanted to fight, but becasue of what would happen if i
REDACTED
. When you're fighting a war against a other nation you at least know what will happen if you lose. Enemy occupation, maybe some restrictions. But the ocupant is still a
human being who can be reasoned with, talked to. But these... things. They know no mercy, they REDACTED.
At least this time the world stands united against
a common enemy.

A few days ago
REDACTED
They give us the best possible weapons, armor and utilities, but
REDACTED
long war. One that will be hard to win and will have a lot of casualties.

But i will come back. And when i'm back i will
REDACTED
By the way -
how is it? Still kicking hard? I'm sorry
i won't be there for you when you'll be giving birth. But i'm sure
REDACTED
when he grows up.

Just remember:
REDACTED

With
REDACTED
Doczu.

Jintor

I don't know where to start. To be honest, i don't know what to write to you. I'm affraid this letter will be
censored or even won't leave the base.
But i feel i need to say something...

Do you remember the day all this started? I do. I was sitting in a
ditch in Eastern Europe and awaited orders to fight. Back then i didn't want to fight in that
shitty war. Once again politicians were
playing
their stupid games and young guys and girls were fighting for
things that didn't matter to them. We saw the advancing enemy troops.
But just when we thought we would get the order to shoot we were told to put our weapons down. The war was over.

But
another one started...

I know, when i called you i promised
i would be back home before the week ends.
You may be mad at me for not keeping my promise, but
all what i'm doing is for you.

I was asked to attend a
meeting. Only for the best of the best -
that's what they said. We sat in a
field briefing room, i think 5 of us, awaiting the higher-ups. But no military office
r came. Instead, two REDACTED entered the room and asked if we would give them
a hand in the battle against the invaders.
I'm pretty sure you know what i'm talking about, it's propably all over the n
ews now. At first i didn't believe a word they said. But then they showed us videos, photos of the REDACTED and the rampage
they caused.

I d
rafted.
Not because i wanted to fight, but becasue of what would happen if
i DIDN'T fight. I did it for you darling.
When you're fighting a war against a other nation you at least know what will happen if you lose. Enemy occupation, maybe some restrictions. But the ocupant is still a
human being who can be reasoned with, talked to. But these... things. They know no mercy, they REDACTED.
At least this time the world stands united against
a common enemy.

A few days ago our
REDACTED came back from a mission in REDACTED with one soldier less. She was shot by a REDACTED.
They give us the best possible weapons, armor and utilities, but
it's just REDACTED. That's the moment when we knew this will be a
long war. One that will be hard to win and will have a lot of casualties.

But i will come back. And when i'm back i will
do everything to make it up for you... and the baby.
By the way -
how is it? Still kicking hard? I'm sorry
i won't be there for you when you'll be giving birth. But i'm sure
you understand, and the kid will understand
when he grows up.

Just remember:
i do it for you. I do it for our child.

With
love,
Doczu

Jintor

CLASSIFIED MI4_OMNICRON_ROMERO // PRIORITY ONE EMERGENCY BRIEFING >> RE: UFO-004 //
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS >>
ALL

At 0347 Zulu 9 April 2016 XSAT-RECON_A2 detected a quantum gravitational wave field emanating from an unidentified object flying NOE just off the coast of the Alaskan-Canadian border, subsequently designated UFO-004. This field was several orders of magnitude larger than the gravitational wave fields detected from UFOs 001 to 003. Appiah and Beagle were dispatched to investigate.

What they found was not pretty.

icdqbnuMHtvMr.jpg

This new contact UFO-type is much, much larger than previous UFOs encountered and has the armaments to match. Appiah was ordered to pull out after getting basic telemetry and a visual; Beagle, reconfirming this data, managed to evade a dual plasma blast Science Team estimates might have utterly annihilated RAVEN-4 had it managed to hit.

idoYSF76vYtF5.jpg

As of this report UFO-004 has crossed the Canadian border, thankfully swung far wide of Gaming Side and has been hovering over the state of Mississippi, USA for the past two and a half hours, engaged in what I can only call an aerial war of attrition with various wings of the US Air Force. Operations has made several phone calls over the course of the past three hours and has secured authorisation for XCOM forces to assault the alien craft if it is either forced out of the sky (unlikely) or makes a landing (possible).

iLpfvrOnfXgxS.jpg

However, as XCOM personnel now comprise the majority of people on this planet with first-hand experience with alien life forms, Operations would like to canvas the opinions of our active soldiery as to whether such a mission should even be undertaken. There are substantial risks but also several substantial possible benefits to taking on this operation; Analytics has compiled a brief list below.

PROS:
  • Chance to recover intact UFO-type previously unseen along with associated artefacts and resources
  • Chance to recover multiple corpses of alien life forms (possibility of live captives?) for further research and autopsy
  • Likelihood of dealing significant damage to overall alien strategy (or to recover further information that may lead to developments on alien strategic analysis)
CONS:
  • &#8220;Scout&#8221; type UFO-001 recorded 8 occupants; UFO-003 recorded 6 occupants. According to Appiah&#8217;s telemetry, UFO-004 is at least four or five times as large as a Scout. This naturally leads to the assumption that UFO-004 has at least four times as many crew on board, a minimum of twenty-four armed and dangerous aliens at conservative estimates.
  • A UFO of this size and make has not been encountered before; we have no information regarding the type and composition of aliens on board, nor if the weapons we currently possess will be effective against any new types encountered.
  • We do not have any information, tactical or otherwise, regarding the layout of the ship.
  • Judging by UFO-001 and UFO-003, a &#8216;command pod&#8217; of at least one Outsider will be encountered protecting the bridge of a UFO. Outsiders have proven to be the most formidable threat faced by XCOM field operatives yet, possessing a high degree of accuracy, higher-tier weapons than most other alien types, and regenerative powers. An Outsider was responsible for the only loss suffered so far by XCOM forces. It is highly probable that a large craft such as UFO-004 will contain more than one Outsider.
  • As a consequence of these disparate factors, there is an extremely high risk of injury or death for any operatives deployed, as well as the possible loss of XCOM assets and resources.
Please make your opinions known with either a !STRIKE or !CAUTION notification, as well as any reasoning supporting your opinion (if applicable). The clock is ticking on this one; please respond promptly.

--- END COMMUNICATION ---

Clevinger

!CAUTION

That is one big-ass ship. I don't think we're ready yet.

We gotta figure out a way to bring more troops on a mission like that.

Sciz

I appreciate the consideration, Command, but I can't believe you're even thinking about it. Quick thinking gets us by against small units, but we're not ready for an extended engagement on their own turf, not against several of those pilots and god knows what else. I'm sure it's got all sorts of stuff that would make R&D happy, but from what I hear they've already more than got their hands full.

Let the military frag it.

!CAUTION

Baalzebup

!CAUTION

Sir, I don't think anyone here is actually unwilling to take the fight to the aliens, but we need to call our shots while we're learning what these guys are about, what kind of resources they can bring into the field and what are they capable of, both on an individual level and where the larger picture is concerned. The risks are too great, especially since if we don't pull through, it will all be for naught.

!STRIKE

First contact with a ship this unknown is daunting, but the reward for a sucessful operation can give humanity a major advantage in this war, the invading forces would never expect us to strike this operation, and my not be prepaired to deal with a loss of this caliber.

Worst case, if forces are deemed too strong the forces pull back and evacuate.

!STRIKE

First contact with a ship this unknown is daunting, but the reward for a sucessful operation can give humanity a major advantage in this war, the invading forces would never expect us to strike this operation, and my not be prepaired to deal with a loss of this caliber.

Worst case, if forces are deemed too strong the forces pull back and evacuate.

Easy for you to say. By the time "forces are deemed too strong," I'm already in kissing distance.

McNum

This is an amazing opportunity, but it is the Operations Officer's opinion that the risks here are immense. It is a tantalizing prize, landed right next door, but we have no idea what is on one of those, and losing some of the few men and women who have combat experience against these aliens in a desperate Hail Mary while we're still gaining a foothold seems foolhardy at best.

However, the Operations Officer would like to suggest a different approach to this conundrum.

!RECON

Send in a highly mobile team, not to engage, but to watch. Use Battle Scanners, try not to provoke the aliens, and stay close to the LZ. Get an upclose look at this ting and then get the hell out of there. Do not attempt to capture, but we are so in the dark about the aliens that a sneaky eyes on, then bail out run seems worth the minimal risk.

But, and I must stress this, against something THAT big "minimal risk" is still very dangerous. I want all operatives to stay within sprinting distance of the LZ and ready to get out of there as soon as it becomes dangerous. Do NOT get reckless. That is a direct order. We don't want a firefight, we don't want to see a team pinned down and overrun by a platoon of angry aliens.

Eyes on, confirm the target, and get the hell out. We'll relay the coordinates the the military and ask for aid if need be. If the word is run, you RUN! Not just because of the aliens, but because of what else might be headed there.

OOC Long War spoiler, do NOT read unless you've seen this situation for yourself in the game:
If you're amazing at the game, or a heavy save scummer (like I was), you CAN pull one of these off... but you really, really, REALLY shouldn't. the command pod is SIX outsiders with a boss Outsider leading them. And you get aliens up to and including Chryssalids on there. For the sake of the story, though, I want Jintor to just show everyone how HUGE one of these UFOs are... Hence !RECON. We are so not in shape to do this.

!CAUTION

Boss, I want these aliens off our planet as much as the next guy, but this ship...we haven't seen anything like it before. We haven't even been able to capture a live alien from the small ships yet - who knows what's going to be waiting for us if we take that ship down. We recently lost one of our own, too - I'm afraid if we go in we might be too aggressive, or too gunshy, to properly deal with an opportunity of this magnitude.

dkoy

Command, I appreciate that you ask us grunts for our opinion. However, I am a mere private, with no battle experience against the
REDACTED
except for reading the battle logs in the archives and even if we were to strike, I would not be one of the few to head in.

With all due respect, I suggest that you ask for any SPEC rank or higher members of the force to volunteer instead of leaving it to a democratic vote. With that being said, I abstain my vote.

Moonlight

Banned
!RECON

Not sure if picking a third option is 'allowed', per say, but as far as plans of action go, it's probably the most reasonable compromise. I'd rather not kiss my ass goodbye on a suicide mission, and I think I speak for the majority opinion, but we still want to know exactly what it is we're dealing with.

Scepta

Neo Member
!CAUTION

I would err on the side of caution on this one sir. I haven't been in contact yet with whatever the hell is out there, but from the stories the other soldiers have given me it isn't pretty. Something being 5 times less pretty sounds.... well... not pretty to me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Way I see it, letting a UFO get a foothold this early is just one more nail in a rapidly closing coffin.

We need to consider the ramifications of playing cautiously here. We have no idea what kind of tactical advantages a successful landing could provide them nor the potential damage they could end up causing in both the short and long game. There are civilians, real folk, that will end up paying the price for our negligence.

Permission to speak freely, sir?

With all due respect, I didn't join no Pussy-COM. I joined the goddamned X-COM. That's X as in: "eXterminate". That's X as in: "Crossing us was the worst decision your bulbous gray mind made."

I say we have a good and crazy enough team to pull this off. I say we got brains to outsmart a bunch of intergalactic snot monsters. I say we roll out the lead welcome carpet and tell 'em "Come on in". I say !STRIKE

Raphael

!STRIKE

Prepare the best. This is too big of an opportunity to know more of those sobs and possibly hinder their plans. Who knows what this fucker will do if we leave it.

I second !Recon. We should get a good look at it, but our ops to date haven't prepped us for this scale an assault yet.

That said, if we do go in, I'll volunteer for the job.

ProvostZak

Neo Member
As exciting as it would be to examine a large, intact alien craft, I will defer to the consensus of our combat troops. Several of them owe me money. They know who they are.

OOC:
If you do end up running this mission, Jintor, I look forward to loading the 2-3 GAF pages worth of images from what will surely end up being a 3+ hour mission

Lamptramp

Sir, I appreciate the confab with the rank and file in such a way, previous commands have never dared to see how the common soldiery feel about an OP in such a direct way.

Though every part of my heart wants in on a strike to bloody the [REDACTED] noses, I would too, favour caution, given the intel from Appiah I don't see how we could possibly survive the OP without a significant boost to personnel or ordinance.

If at this early stage of the fight with the [REDACTED] we need to consider missions with such little chance of success I fear the war will be over before it has begun.

As ever, I will fight at your command, SIR!

!CAUTION

*Checks who owes money to whom.

Feonix

!Caution

With all due respect sir, I think we need some better equipment before we take on that many grays. Considering how vulnerable we are to their advanced weaponry at the moment, I worry that whatever team we send in to deal with this UFO will end up way over their heads, and I'd hate to be the one who votes 'yes' on a suicide mission.

If we do end up engaging the enemy, we will do our best to take them down. But a quick escape may be in order if things look grim.

Hopefully it's not as bad as we think...

- SPEC. Feonix

I would advise we take !CAUTION for now. Maybe if we had a live specimen to examine and experiment on we'd better understand how to approach a situation of this calibre, but alas. As it stands, the best course of action would be to avoid contact and hope for the best. We're simply not prepared.

Jintor

!STRIKE
PFC Grexeno | ??? TheLostBigBoss | SPEC Doczu | SPEC Screaming Meat | SPEC Raphael | Fl.O Assiah (6)

?RECON
Brig. McNum | SPEC Moonlight | SPEC Zod the Bear (3)

!CAUTION
SPEC Poodlestrike | SPEC Clevinger | SPEC Sciz | SPEC Baalzebup | SPEC Incendiary | PFC Scepta | SPEC Lamptramp | SPEC Feonix | Dr. Diablos (9)

NB: ?RECON is effectively a !STRIKE vote but with less enthusiasm

-------

"Command, be advised, UFO-004 has made landfall. US National Guard will move in in 15 hours, repeat, 15 hours. Do not expect UFO-004 to remain earthbound beyond that time, one way or another."

-------

NB: "Whoever has successfully signed into GAFCOM under TheLostBigBoss callsign, please report to the barracks for your immediate induction into the XCOM project. This is not a request."

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
!STRIKE
Hit em' hard, be ready to pull out at any moment. Really, just engage from a distance the entire time.

Top Bottom