• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Long War |Let's Play| Invaders Must Die

Memo To Science Team:

After getting up close and personal this mission, I would like to formally request that the next item you requisition be a giant-ass can of Raid. Because fuck those ugly looking bug fuckers.

Memo To Alpha-Bravo:

That was one hell of a ride. I only got to wax one of the ugly SOBs but I'll take it since we all walked out of there alive. I think we all deserve a medal for that rout we just pulled off. If command doesn't agree, then at least a secret handshake or something. Godspeed gentlemen.

Memo to Command:

Next time you guys decide to excavate down below, give me a heads up. I think I have a knack for this demolitions thing and have a few ideas for new 'nade tactics.

Memo to Everyone Else:

HOORAH! War's not over yet, let's keep kicking alien ass!

Damned if you guys aren't the luckiest SOBs on two legs.

God damn

Off the record:
Seriously though, y'all got crazy lucky. I can't go for one mission without having somebody get picked off from behind heavy cover, and y'all barely get a scratch when you keep getting shot at in the open. Jintor, either you're the best in the world at this, or you're stupid lucky. Or cheating.

Jintor

///CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET/// - STRICT PENALTIES APPLY

I've seriously never seen the AI roll so poorly on so many flank shots before. That said, the jumpy legs seriously crippled the Outsider pod- having to go down to engage them would probably have wrecked me. It was pretty risky nonetheless; if they had come up all at once, or if I hadn't been able to kill each of them in a single turn, that could have all gone really badly sideways.

I also think the floater pod bugged out; Hazaro got an OW in because of elevated line of sight, but inexplicably failed to activate the pod. I was then able to spot the pod through the fog of war for the rest of the mission, at least until Tanga and Incend dropped a pair of 'nades on their heads. They inexplicably all chose to OW in place after that though, letting Tanga get his bomb in too.

I spent like twenty minutes trying to angle the AP nades just right and they only killed one floater. At least they softened them for the rest of the team...

McNum

///CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET/// - STRICT PENALTIES APPLY

I've seriously never seen the AI roll so poorly on so many flank shots before. That said, the jumpy legs seriously crippled the Outsider pod- having to go down to engage them would probably have wrecked me. It was pretty risky nonetheless; if they had come up all at once, or if I hadn't been able to kill each of them in a single turn, that could have all gone really badly sideways.

I also think the floater pod bugged out; Hazaro got an OW in because of elevated line of sight, but inexplicably failed to activate the pod. I was then able to spot the pod through the fog of war for the rest of the mission, at least until Tanga and Incend dropped a pair of 'nades on their heads. They inexplicably all chose to OW in place after that though, letting Tanga get his bomb in too.

I spent like twenty minutes trying to angle the AP nades just right and they only killed one floater. At least they softened them for the rest of the team...
You'll be happy to know that inactive aliens have been made much more jumpy in the next version. The OW shot would have activated them there. But otherwise, what a crazy mission to pull off. I find Chryssalids to be very binary to fight until you get better weapons or armor. Either you wreck them like this, or they start invading your personal space in all the worst ways.

Still, while you were pretty lucky, it's awesome to see this mission go so well. Of course, now you'll get less Meld in April. Since you took their stuff. I hope you can live with that trade.

Why did you have people out of cover like that with active aliens around, anyway? Accident, or some clever plan?

The moment of the mission from an outside perspective: Shooting the Seeker off mid-strangle with a sniper rifle. Now there's a sniper who's very confident in his aim.

ProvostZak

Neo Member
TO: COMMAND
RE: OPERATION BLOODY RING AFTER-ACTION ANALYSIS

Commander, please extend the hearty congratulations of the science team to our brave returning soldiers. Thanks to their efforts, we have secured more alien materials and aerospace components from this
"Abductor"
class vessel in one mission than we could have from several of the smaller alien crafts. They will be invaluable to our research efforts in the future.

Our xenobiologists will get to work immediately analyzing the new species encountered as well as ways to counter them. Reviewing the operational data, it seems that the arthropod-like aliens (provisional taxonomy:
CHRYSSALID
) tend to advance rapidly in clusters with little concern for self-defense. As much as it pains me to sacrifice research specimens, it seems that explosives will be the most efficient way to deal with this type of adversary. Please be advised that more details will be forthcoming once we have been able to conduct a full autopsy, and for this we will need more intact corpses.

Of grave concern is the new mechanical cephalopod. Our interviews with Lance Corporal Sober were illuminating, though I regret obliging him to dwell on the experience. These
SEEKERS
appear be designed for surgical strikes on operatives who have strayed from the group. Biometric readings from LCpl Sober during the operation indicate that our operatives will not long survive their strangling attack, and prompt destruction is imperative. Their method of concealment remains unknown to us, though preliminary data indicate that our battle scanner technology can expose them to our fire-teams. Between these enemies and the
DRONES
previously encountered, our enemy seems to have an aptitude for robotics far beyond our current understanding. I fear we have not seen the last of our adversary's mechanical armamentarium.

All available technical and biological data will be presented to the squad leaders at the next Science Briefing.

Dr. ProvostZak
Chief Science Officer

PS
I'm so jealous. My campaign is in August, and I still haven't gotten a crack at a landed Large. Congrats on the huge success. Also, why can't I ever get the roll where two 5-HP chryssalids get hit with an AP grenade for exactly 5 points each?

Sciz

Personal log said:
There is a god and he loves Mississippi.

That's the only explanation I've got, anyway. Six troops wander off on a suicide mission as voted for by a bunch of glory-seeking lunatics, and instead of coming back in body bags, the worst any of them ended up with was a little light bruising around the neck. The other five came swaggering down the ramp like they were the goddamn Ghostbusters. Haz asked one of the staff to polish his armor. I'm pretty sure it was some guy from Science, but hell if he didn't do it anyway because you don't turn down an avenging angel when he tells you to do something.

At least, that's what I thought at the time, before picking through the chest cam and satellite footage.

These men should be dead.

You take a man by surprise with the intent to kill, you don't
miss. And you especially don't miss repeatedly. Any one of those shots connects, the rest of the squad gets overrun for lack of firepower.

If that isn't divine intervention at work, then we're stuck in some sort of deep VR simulation, and either still being trained to fight aliens or they've already won and pacified humanity with these delusional visions of grandeur.

Whatever the case, that's a bigass ship. And it's ours. Who needs fighters? Let's just fly the damn thing ourselves.

note: I noticed the skyranger BELIEVE-1 got a small paintjob. Not sure how some barracks small talk made it up to command, but I'm sure as hell ready to believe anything at this point.

Jesus H Christ, Jintor. Haz could have five natural defense and you'd still be the luckiest SOB around. Can't believe you were getting so many overwatch shots to connect with LCPLs and SPECs wielding basic ballistics, either.

The last landed large I assaulted in my own LW campaign looked like this at the start of turn 2, about ten feet from spawn: http://abload.de/img/exq2n.jpg (not pictured: 5x seekers and a drone, 5x drones and a cyberdisk, 4x outsiders, and a few additional sectoids. I, uh, I don't play ironman.)

!SIGNUP
So uhh, I've been in the base during this whole war sir. You've had me running on the treadmill for nearly a month now, thought you forgot about me.

Read to kill me some invader scum

Jintor

CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET
//ENGAGEMENT REPORT 005 – UFO_005//

11 April 2016

UFO-005 was detected incoming towards the East Coast of the USA at 0914 Local on 11 April 2016. F.Lt. Hekk05 was dispatched.

iwfgl8r70qhGe.jpg

F.Lt. Hekk05 intercepted target over Ohio, but was unable to close to engagement range until target shifted course over North Dakota.

i1pbBYxdZv4go.jpg

F. Lt. Hekk05 fired three Avalanche-class missiles into UFO-005, destroying it utterly. RAVEN-3 sustained minor damage in the exchange.

ibwhANQRmzm5Gb.jpg

Salvage and Retrieval teams were sent to scour the wreckage, with members of Strike Team Omega on standby in case of contact. Deployment was deemed unnecessary.

--- END REPORT ---

XCOM PILOT KILLBOARD

PBAlfredo: 2 [2 x scout]
_Hekk05: 2 [2 x scout]

Jintor

DIRECTOR'S LOG – 13 APRIL 2016

Abductions again. Germany, Hannover. Recon says moderate movement detected. Been spending a lot of time touring the intact alien ship before they take it apart for analysis. Fascinating thing. Dr. Provostzak believes that these “Abductor” class vessels seed targeted areas with Fog Pods to capture humans and alien retrieval teams to, well, haul in the catch. Omega is inbound to hopefully interrupt one such haul.

i9nuU46Ypgijh.jpg

They’ve targeted a roadway again. Alien forces seem inordinately interested in our traffic.

Baalzebup

Huh. This is only the second time that the E.T activity has been estimated as moderate instead of light, where these abductions related sorties are concerned.

Maybe they are pissed that we took one of their big boats away from them? Or is it just a coincidence?

Jintor

CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET
//INCIDENT REPORT_0011//
OPERATION ROTTING JUSTICE
<<HANNOVER, GERMANY>>

13 April 2016

STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
SPEC Raphael (Scout)
SPEC Clevinger (Infantry)
SPEC Aztechnology (Sniper)
PFC NightmareTrigger
PFC Erheller
PFC Adnor

--- AUTHOR: SPEC RAPHAEL ---

Wheels down at 0324 Local on the Westschnellweg over the Leine.

i4c8m8ojl8tSM.jpg

PFC NightmareTrigger spotted a MELD canister almost immediately.

icCPOH2towtJ9.jpg

Squad took cover behind a nearby car while I took point. MELD canister was being guarded by alien pod of [1 x Thin Man, 3 x Seekers].

iUe3GhuTruzJX.jpg

On my approach, Thin Man-A retreated behind far cover, while Seeker-A and B entered ‘stealth mode’ and Seeker-C rapidly approached our position.

ii4TKeq9qatxT.jpg

iy73Vd3TRV3Ip.jpg

Despite preparations, SPEC Aztechnology inexplicably had no line of sight on approaching Seeker-C.

Jintor

isumGJjm9cbO0.jpg

PFC Adnor reacted, shooting Seeker-C and dealing minor damage.

ibeHLw8n1xovst.jpg

Thin Man-A attempted to flank around the central truck, prompting NightmareTrigger to fire shots, but no damage was sustained. Seeker-C, despite or perhaps because of its close proximity, attempted to fire on my position, but missed.

irGUIJKSSk2yu.jpg

Seeker-A decloaked and attempted to strangle NightmareTrigger. SPEC Clevinger reacted quickly but was unable to prevent Seeker-A from grabbing NightmareTrigger by the neck.

igDYDdwCWsdXd.jpg

ibbL4TdaMimhNa.jpg

Adnor continued to fire upon Seeker-C, destroying it, while Clevinger first forced Seeker-A to release NightmareTrigger before PFC Erheller finished it off.

ibeOL7nlTWA8bh.jpg

icnFDjxI53TqI.jpg

io0dKegRQhrbw.jpg

It was at this point that a pod of 4 Floaters rocketed into view.

ibiS65e9Nz8Y7.jpg

Jintor

Aztechnology reacted first, eliminating Floater-A in a single shot.

ibq4SCkjUtHCBs.jpg

Based on recorded MELD Canister audio cues, I determined that the closest canister was about to begin internal disassembly. Therefore I dashed out to stabilise the canister…

ibblJFEte7ZfGg.jpg

…before returning to my previous position before the enemy could react.

iXzw8TSbkAcOp.jpg

Erheller provided covering fire, destroying Floater-B, as NightmareTrigger deployed a battlescanner to obtain greater visual coverage.

ilLFcPuvPsIw5.jpg

ibzcYnaL9K98Bc.jpg

Dr. Provostzak’s surmise regarding battlescanners counteracting Seeker cloaking technology was immediately proven accurate.

Jintor

Enemy appeared routed, rapidly retreating beyond the range of Strike Team Omega.

ibiWhWIqFF7U4I.jpg

Aztechnology managed to wound one, while I attempted to AP Grenade Seeker-B. Utility of AP grenades against robot enemies is limited, but it was worth attempting.

iKCJgmob5sys5.jpg

iBWewsUQdbsUc.jpg

Battlescanner deactivated as enemy continued to retreat into fog of war. Ordered Strike Team Omega to form up on me, with exception of Aztechnology, who was to support from range.

iy1PLbYkfXMCr.jpg

As we pressed ahead, we ran into a rearguard ambush, who may have decided to attempt to delay us from reaching a second MELD canister. I dodged the first shot as Aztechnology and Adnor attempted to target the shooter.

iisXERx7BIBm6.jpg

i9uOdtxxCJB1z.jpg

i0DdRDZJCLfGY.jpg

Floater-C retreated beyond sensor range following our advance.

Jintor

As we approached the canister, Thin Man-A dashed into view, taking cover behind a wrecked car side door. Aztechnology was unable to hit the target due to its unexpected appearance.

iw95rI2OhjxbM.jpg

I stabilised the canister, but revealed a pod of 4 sectoids clustering by the edge of the AO, which scattered, as well as the injured Floater-C. My following attempt to shotgun Thin Man-A failed, but Adnor managed to wound it instead.

ig46mSzc3CADs.jpg

iFHWhGFSyHJb6.jpg

ibcxGaq2WGasBz.jpg

ibiCB42QJ2uJol.jpg

The sectoids bombarded me with purple attacks, but I felt no ill effects.

ibrAXnYxWlVlRB.jpg

iRXx0x9bIDXNw.jpg

Floater-C and Thin Man-A moved to attack, but were eliminated with extreme prejudice by NightmareTrigger and Clevinger. Aztechnology executed Floater-D shortly following.

iLp3BqjHCZCE1.jpg

ibu6JNxIcpJzgq.jpg

iYMRpGBi8OtYy.jpg

Using their fire as cover, I charged the nearest ‘glowing’ Sectoid-A and shot it at near point-blank range, killing it instantly.

il5veHe0uMf1m.jpg

Jintor

Sectoid-B began to glow and began firing on NightmareTrigger’s position.

itNTnJz6amWLe.jpg

Erheller and I immediately flanked and eliminated it in response, while NightmareTrigger moved up and wounded Sectoid-C which was cowering with Sectoid-D in the open.

iIUpn6F6wkE90.jpg

ibipwsNcMwbhSc.jpg

ibg5ZdvfeUmP4C.jpg

Seeker-C, which to be frank we had forgotten about in the firefight, decloaked at this point and attempted to strangle Aztechnology.

iGHPnI2x5OsR7.jpg

Thankfully, Clevinger was on the ball, eliminating Seeker-C without damage to Aztechnology.

iNZugP5nY5ypR.jpg

NightmareTrigger dodged plasma fire and killed Sectoid-C, while Adnor moved up and eliminated Sectoid-D.

ibpoy3QbOnGafa.jpg

ibaafIRHF0Bw1r.jpg

iRJzoD6HYYJh5.jpg

No further contacts were detected. Retrieval team was cleared for approach.

iwcJddO8qEQ4m.jpg

Jintor

ibnIZjenDpCQtO.jpg

RECOVERED: 4 x Sectoid Corpses, 4 x Floater Corpses, 1 x Thin Man Corpse, 7 x Elerium, 10 x Alien Alloys, 9 x Weapon Fragments, 23 x MELD, 3 x Seeker Wrecks

KILLS/MISSION BOARD &#8211; STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
Raphael: 7 | 3 (+2)
Clevinger: 6 | 3 (+2)
Aztechnology: 2 | 3 (+2)
NightmareTrigger: 2 | 1 (+2)
Erheller: 2 | 1 (+2)
Adnor: 2 | 1 (+2)

NB: LCLP Aztechnology has been assigned to Contact Team Bravo.

Jintor

CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET
//ENGAGEMENT REPORT 006 &#8211; UFO_006//

13 April 2016
XCOM SECURE CHANNEL - AUDIO TRANSCRIPT EXCERPT

Radar: There&#8217;s something coming in over Canada&#8230; sir, I think you&#8217;d better take a look at this.

iblLwpb6QHaxDd.jpg

Central: Hmmm&#8230; new contact profile?
Radar: The size is the same as the scouts, but the gravitational distortion is different. If I&#8217;m reading this right, it&#8217;s probably a tad faster than what we&#8217;ve seen so far.
Central: Great.
Radar: Not just that, sir. It&#8217;s emitting&#8230; some kind of signal.
Central: Really? What is it&#8230;?
Radar: The logical deduction would be that it&#8217;s&#8230; scanning for something.

Central: &#8230;it&#8217;s going after the damn satellite, isn&#8217;t it? Shit.
Comms: Shall I get Flight Team in the air?
Central: Better get Appiah and Beagle up there asap. Hekk&#8217;s out of commission for the moment&#8230; Joey and PB as backup. Armour-piercers first. Go!
Comms: Roger!

Jintor

Beagle: [unintelligible excited Australian accent]
Appiah: Roger that, visual upcoming… bingo. Command, new type confirmed, same size, different layout.
Beagle: [unintelligible Australian comment]
Appiah: Yeah, exactly Beags. Permission to engage?
Central: Granted. Be wary – we don’t know its capabilities.
Appiah: Don’t worry Command, I’m the fanciest flier you ever did see. Closing to engagement range…

iHcwpOtMG7Io7.jpg

Appiah: Missile one hit – fuck! Glancing blow – Beags, where are you?
Beagle: [muffled Australian swearing]
Appiah: Take this, you shiny metal tin-can-

ibjXfiPdXMd6nM.jpg

Appiah: Fuck yeah, clear hit!
Beagle: [unintelligible Australian victory cheers]
Appiah: Booooom shacka-lacka! Come in, Central, UFO-006 is grounded, repeat, grounded.
Central: Good work, Raven-2, Raven-4. Come on home. Is Believe-1 ready for deployment?
Comms: Omega is loaded, sir. The HK-47 Autonomous Field Drone is also systems green.
Central: Excellent. You know what to do.

---

XCOM PILOT KILLBOARD
PBAlfredo: 2 [2 x scout]
_Hekk05: 2 [2 x scout]
Appiah: 1 [1 x “small” (currently unidentified)]

Jintor

Okay, Omega, as you know, this op has been earmarked as the test-run of the autonomous Super Heavy Infantry Vehicle. It’s running off a self-correcting engagement algorithm that should theoretically make it slightly more reactive than a piloted drone. This particular version is running… hmmm… says here it’s called Hunter-Killer v47. HK-47.

ivqwboR7sBT9U.jpg

Good name, not sure about its combat capabilities. Anyway, try and stay out of its field of fire, alright? Thing’s only set to target non-humans, so unless you fucked up on the paperwork somewhere, your IFF tags should keep you out of the line of fire, but let’s not leave things to chance.

It accepts audio commands, and the algorithm is set to automatically backup via BELIEVE-1 every two minutes, so don’t be afraid to get the little bugger to tank enemy fire if necessary. Remember: there’s an Outsider on this bird somewhere, and we don’t want another Smurf situation. Alright?

Right. Good luck out there, Omega.

Jintor

CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET
//INCIDENT REPORT_0012//
OPERATION DEVIL&#8217;S PYRE
<<UFO-006 CRASH SITE &#8211; INDIANA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA>>

13 April 2016

STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
LCLP DecoyPlatypus (Assault)
SPEC Feonix (Gunner)
SPEC Moonlight (Scout)
PFC Bassforever
PFC Grexeno
HK-47 SHIV

--- Audio Transcript Excerpt &#8211; STRIKE TEAM OMEGA ---

Feonix: Wheels down&#8230; we&#8217;re good to roll.
DecoyPlatypus: Right. Let&#8217;s see what this thing can do.
HK-47: ** DEPLOYING **

ibl1rjzMRfQmII.jpg

Moonlight: Forget about the playtoy, I&#8217;ve got contacts north!

iXlU07gzZvDe5.jpg

DecoyPlatypus: Ah, cripes &#8211; Omega, take positions!

Jintor

HK-47: **WARNING ** WARNING ** THREAT DETECTED **

[assault rifle fire]
[shotgun blast]

ibdGGHx64D3C5B.jpg

iwSTvf3pevPjE.jpg

HK-47: **FIRING**

[autocannon fire]

iGrGMnAZnNYwG.jpg

DecoyPlatypus: It&#8217;s as bad as shooting as you rooks!
Grexeno: One down, but- shit!

[drone laser fire]

ibpOIrrBsHehTu.jpg

i0TZfb1kz8nUZ.jpg

Grexeno: Arrgh!
Moonlight: Grex!
Feonix: Firing!

[SAW fire]

io4VAbWJe5qMg.jpg

Jintor

HK-47: ** ADVANCING ** ADDITIONAL THREATS DETECTED ** FIRING **

iJ2R0WpbeW133.jpg

ibP6KYY2tbg6o.jpg

itIod1P1GZCwV.jpg

Bassforever: Tank missed again-
Moonlight: The tank can take care of itself! We’ve got a wounded man here!

[shotgun blast]

idkNp6dBgXTCb.jpg

Decoyplatypus: Just keep firing!
Feonix: You got it-

[SAW fire]

ivUmiIqLoL6XV.jpg

Feonix: No effect.
Grexeno: Damnit Moonlight, I’m fine-

[assault rifle fire]
[assault rifle fire]

ibj1iBZxKxd834.jpg

ib2CI42vfe4UlY.jpg

Grexeno: It’s just a flesh wound.
Bassforever: Thanks for the assist, but you sure you’re okay?
Grexeno: I’m not thrilled about it, but I’ll live.
Moonlight: I bloody well bloody hope so.

Jintor

[drone laser fire]

is8cn31wO5rY5.jpg

HK-47: **WARNING ** WARNING ** WARNING**
Feonix: Tank’s taking fire-
Decoyplatypus: That’s what it’s built for! Fire, damnit!
Bassforever: Firing!
Grexeno: Roger!

[assault rifle fire]
[assault rifle fire]
[autocannon fire]

iFLHvQPV74EvJ.jpg

iBU1oCB8c1ia8.jpg

iryxD6IodNiYw.jpg

Feonix: Keeping it pinned-

[continual SAW fire]
[ballistic pistol fire]

iKnWUp89bX0Cu.jpg

ibqdDVUKV9MGJg.jpg

Decoyplatypus: Fucking – goddamn – drones!

Jintor

[shotgun blast]

ivNODRiamIPAZ.jpg

Moonlight: Scratch one-

[autocannon fire]

ighZzIrxntCoc.jpg

Decoyplatypus: Fuckin’ tank can’t shoot for shit!

[assault rifle fire]

iO8m1ezhYrYeU.jpg

[continual SAW fire]

Moonlight: Can’s stabilised-

[shotgun blast]

iOrnZIRMYi3on.jpg

Moonlight: And the drone’s down.
Decoyplatypus: That was the sorriest shooting I’ve ever seen.
Grexeno: Hey, I’ve got a laser burn on my forearm here!
Bassforever: And I got one of them…
Decoyplatypus: Fine, you lot are excused. But that neural fucking network better learn fast, because that thing hasn’t hit a thing in the last two minutes.

Jintor

Moonlight: In position.

isQO9yrAc9JWg.jpg

Decoyplatypus: Hold up – we should sweep the rest of this area first. Hold position until we’re ready.
Moonlight: Alright, roger that.
Decoyplatypus: Grexeno, bring up the rear. Everyone ready?
Bassforever: Reloaded.
Feonix: Ready to rock.
Decoyplatypus: Sweeping- movement!

ipM2M3Ck8Zxfj.jpg

Feonix: Oh, crap-

[plasma pistol discharge]

ipluf7PHVgNUw.jpg

Feonix: Haha! Suck it, ‘toid!
Decoyplatypus: Fuck-

[ballistic pistol fire]

iGCFjluVnyTjl.jpg

Decoyplatypus: My pistol? Fucking adrenaline just took over-
HK-47: ** ADVANCING ** FIRING **

[autocannon fire]

iKo2MTcJjrCp0.jpg

Feonix: Jesus Christ, that thing just annihilated the ‘toid!
Decoyplatypus: About bloody time.
Grexeno: *cough* This rifle’s getting heavy…
Decoyplatypus: You’ve got the medkit, right, rook? Take a shot of adrenaline and get back in here! Feonix, keep us covered.
Feonix: On it-

iDUHWnd87nBop.jpg

[continual SAW fire]

ibtmcVUrymnpIo.jpg

HK-47: ** ADVANCING **
Decoyplatypus: The fuck’s that thing doin-

iItLKCZgs8N43.jpg

HK-47: ** FIRING **
Moonlight: I can’t watch!

[autocannon fire]

ibfrF1b78AvpCz.jpg

Moonlight: Oh, the humanity!
Decoyplatypus: Xenocity. I think that AI's finally realised it's a bloody tank.
Feonix: No kill like overkill.

Jintor

Decoyplatypus: Alright Omega, form up. Area secure?
Feonix: Roger.
Bassforever: Clear.
Decoyplatypus: Alright, prep for breach.

<--timestamp advance +55 seconds-->

iHoVExGzajyAm.jpg

[MELD canister disassembles]

Feonix: Well, there goes the second can.
Decoyplatypus: Whatever, I’m more worried about the crystal... Hey, this thing takes voice commands, right?
Bassforever: I think that’s what Central said, yeah.
Decoyplatypus: Alright – 47! Flank right and breach!
HK-47: ** ACKNOWLEDGED ** ADVANCING **

ibzzoCPbh4T57Z.jpg

HK-47: ** WARNING ** WARNING ** THREAT DETECTED **

Jintor

HK-47: ** FIRING **

[autocannon fire]

iWNfpfMkUMEAC.jpg

Feonix: Holy shit! That thing&#8217;s ferocious!
Decoyplatypus: Get in there, rooks!
Grexeno: Firing!
Bassforever: Firing!

[assault rifle fire]
[assault rifle fire]

ijJelLTzhkqRV.jpg

iZHbnOphtOC9g.jpg

Bassforever: And BOOM goes the dynamite!
HK-47: ** SCANNING ** SCANNING ** SCANNING **
Feonix: That wasn&#8217;t so bad. Tin Can&#8217;s a brave little sonnovabitch, eh?
Decoyplatypus: All in favour of letting &#8217;47 do the rest of the scouting? Though I think we&#8217;re more or less done here.
Bassforever: Sounds good.
Grexeno: Sure, why not.

Feonix: Hope you&#8217;re looking forward to writing the report, Decoy.
Decoyplatypus: Oh, I don&#8217;t mind. If it means I&#8217;m not running straight into plasma fire, I&#8217;ll write all the damn reports the lab boys want.
Grexeno: Even that one on NightmareTrigger&#8217;s cooking?
Decoyplatypus: Maybe not that one.

ib2JtUZYgFx2YK.jpg

---MISSION TRANSCRIPT ENDS---

Sciz

Voice commands? God, don't tell me engineering is using Kinects in these things. No wonder its aim is off.

Jintor

i5vUJktqPz2m0.jpg

RECOVERED: 2 x Sectoid Corpses, 5 x Drone Wrecks, 12 x Elerium, 16 x Alien Alloys, 8 x Weapon Fragments, 18 x MELD, 1 x UFO Flight Computer, 1 x UFO Flight Computer (Damaged), 1 x UFO Power Source (Damaged)

KILLS/MISSION BOARD &#8211; STRIKE TEAM OMEGA
Moonlight: 7 | 2 (+3)
Decoyplatypus: 2 | 4 (+1)
Bassforever: 2 | 1 (+2)
Feonix: 1 | 2 (-)
Grexeno: 0 | 1 (-)

HK-47: 2 | 1 (+2)

NB: LCLP Moonlight has been assigned to Contact Team Alpha.

dkoy

Looks like the tech boys needs to fine tune HK's aerial target aiming algorithm. Still waiting for my turn in action.

Doczu

I might be a little paranoid, but when the boys came back and HK drove down the ramp it looked at me. It felt like that thing was threatening me with a silent "What are you looking at asshole?" when it turned it's turrent and sensors right at me and kept going forward.

I hate robots. They make me uncomfortable...

I might be a little paranoid, but when the boys came back and HK drove down the ramp it looked at me. It felt like that thing was threatening me with a silent "What are you looking at asshole?" when it turned it's turrent and sensors right at me and kept going forward.

I hate robots. They make me uncomfortable...

Man, you're just racist.

Top Bottom