• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza developers announce "Fist of the North Star" game (PS4, 2018, more at TGS)

TreIII

With RGG team behind this, maybe they can even make Lynn into a more likeable character.

I always thought that Kiryu and Haruka's relationship in the Yakuza games was more along the lines of "Kenshiro and Lynn done right".

Edit: On another note, though...what are the odds we might get Sega's other HNK games included as a bonus?

Arc's HNK fighter playable on PS4 would just make this even better!

Is this coming to the west?

I'd say the chances are high that this will get localized, FotNS is fairly well-known, it'll be a while with 6 and (hopefully) Kiwami 2 on the horizon.

With RGG team behind this, maybe they can even make Lynn into a more likeable character.

I always thought that Kiryu and Haruka's relationship in the Yakuza games was more along the lines of "Kenshiro and Lynn done right".

What's funny is that you can also consider Yumi to be similar to
Yuria

Tizoc

Edit: On another note, though...what are the odds we might get Sega's other HNK games included as a bonus?

I bet the SEGA Arcade will let you play the original MD and Master System games at least XD.

Hag

Maybe there will be an arcade in the city...

with ASW hnk 👀

Almost as if Nagoshi and the RGG team have come full circle, doing an original take on an IP which definitely influenced and inspired the Yakuza series. I'm absolutely on board, and this kind of what-if crossover makes sense for them from a development standpoint as well. So I'm secure about how well this should turn out. Heat moves will hit like never before, Kenshiro will unleash his inner doofus by engaging in minigames/side-stories similar to what Kiryu handles, and that soundtrack will rock hard (the J-metal in the trailer has me convinced).

I need to properly experience this and Jojo at some point, but I'll gladly take a new kind of Yakuza game too.

Crayon

I wonder if this could be the next breakout game for the yakuza series. Y0 did a lot for the general awareness, but this could be bring a new audience.

This looks ace fun and will hopefully make up for the rubbish Mega Drive Game . Just a shame Nagoshi-san doesn't grow a brain and make this truly multiplatform. No doubt it be Japan only too

raven777

BriskRingedJay.gif

Hoping to see lots of cool minigames

EhoaVash

Eh didn't tecmo koei make a fist of the north star Musou few years ago? Well this game looks almost like that game except slightly better visuals.

Not impressed

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Eh didn't tecmo koei make a fist of the north star Musou few years ago? Well this game looks almost like that game except slightly better visuals.

Not impressed

If you're are at all familiar with the Yakuza series and what that entails in terms of this games expected content, tone, etc. you'd realize why everyone is far more excited for this than the musou games.

Aizo

Banned
Holy shit. You know what's crazy?? I had only seen the screenshots when I made the post below. I just now watched the trailer. I had no idea he'd say exactly what I wrote in the trailer. I scare myself.
たたたたたたたたたたたたたたわたー 北斗百裂拳!
お前はもう死んでいる
Tatatatatatatatwataa! Hokuto hyakuretsuken!
You're already dead.

As someone who read the whole manga... fucking hyped.
Should be much better than the two musou games.

Amani

Y'know how people like to say "I never knew I wanted this"? Literally what's happening to me right now. I don't know how this came about, but I'm glad we're in this new world of anime getting into the hands of trusted and good ass developers.

Just warning. At least in my opinion first arc of the anime is by far the worst one. It gets better after that.

If you mean the stuff with Shin, then yeah. I only read the manga but remember feeling the first couple volumes' worth of chapters were rather generic.

Then the rest of the manga happened. Truly a Jump classic.

StereoVsn

Given the series rise in popularity, it probably is.

But let's tweet Gio Corsi just to be safe!

Well, Ishin didn't make it so who knows, but considering even that terrible JoJo game came over, and Sega is trying to expand international audience, the money is that it will come over, if a year or two late.

Playsage

Didn't know that Hokuto no Ken never got popular in the US

Here it (the anime) was one of the hottest thing before Dragon Ball (Italy/Europe)

De_Legend

Banned
The PS4 is becoming more and more the best place to get these kind of games, plus Y2 Kiwami, holy shit.

I'm not familiar with this but I will give it a go for sure!

Everyone saying this is such a great match, I don't see it to be honest.

Yakuza team is good at making small and dense environments. Fist of the North Star takes place in a post apocalyptic world, where there is basically nothing.

Shanaynay

Yakuza team is good at making small and dense environments. Fist of the North Star takes place in a post apocalyptic world, where there is basically nothing.

This game is set in some city inside a giant dome so i'm sure you can expect their usual kind of details. :D

Aki-at

They've got designers who worked on Super Monkey Ball and Jet Set Radio still on the team. You can trust them to adapt.

Besides what makes it a great match is the combat which looks perfect!

Zen Mu

This is like a dream that I had no idea I had...

This is day 1 import, I don't think I can wait for a localization.

Top Bottom