• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj hazuki

Even Punk said Bryan should be in the main event so I don't really know where they gonna go with this but I am excited for RAW in Chicago!

Whenever I search CM Punk on twitter it comes up as coach. How do I fix this

TL21xx

Banned
Totally excited for RAW on Monday, even if Punk does no show. Would make the crowd even more pissed.

Side-note, I finally escaped the Junior ghetto!

Batigol

Banned
Welcome to Wrestlemania 2 guys.

iSr7YrOCnogFd.gif

Lets just cut to the chase.

i7pAXB07bw1mA.gif

Ray Charles comes out to sing a song about America. Lookin' sharp if I say so myself. I'm almost jealous he doesn't have to watch the shit that's about to proceed him

Paul Orndorff faced vs Magnificent Don Muraco

ig9esC7VVPjb8.gif

Horrendous match. If you can even call it that. Both men went outside, Orndoff picked up a chair and shaked it violently

poniB6E.gif

Ref rings the bell. No one knows wtf is going on, not even Vince while the crowd shout bullshit. Muraco casually walks to the back while Orndoff flexes in front of the ref.

Apparently it was a double count out. The more you know!

iW8TEcXLHqpr6.gif

Mr. T is backstage talking while getting a massage from little T and what looks to be Joe Frazier. I can't really hear what he;s saying because stupid Howard Finkel is talking over him about the previous match. He looks angry though

Randy Savage and George Steele

iTJnC6UKYHd2C.gif

iTZpCOViWW5VH.gif

The female commentator really doesn't like Savage here. She's laying into him before he even gets to the ring. Vince ignores her and changes the subject.

ibkt9nf9QPMEkZ.gif

Dirty motherfucker! Biting him! In the middle of the ring. Ref does jack shit while the commentator laughs at Savage.

Steele starts losing his shit and biting everything starting with the turnbuckles. Then he starts hitting Savage with flowers before trying to hit on Elizabeth. Savage throws him in the ring and hits him with the elbow, but the hairy bastard kicks out.

iN7RYW1mqBM9S.gif

Savage has had enough of this shit and covers him using the ropes. Look at the state of the ring!

ibdcqcT4pQWQ7C.gif

Savage leaves while Steele bites more things.

iKt9Cbp5lL6T7.gif

Jake Roberts vs George Wells

Never heard of the other guy, probably a jobber. Jake kicks his ass and hits him with the DDT

iXG2M9HZGaxdM.gif

Then there's like 2 uncomfortable minutes of Jake trying to wrap the snake around him. I guess he has a seizure or something. I don't know what the hell is happening

ieyWUpk0lnMR6.gif

Mr. T vs Roddy Piper.

ipckJPFgxfdf8.gif

This match is better if you imagine T is Clubber Lang and Piper is just some can from Rocky 3.

iQBqzXQLtxisz.gif

Clubber lays a few body blows then hits him in the face while he's down. Ref ain't doing shit, it's madness, but who's going to disqualify Lang?

i6eATXWS2Kh2H.gif

They exchange more blows until Piper pushes the ref and uses an illegal wrestling move on Lang and gets DQ'd

iugq0ezBR1n7Z.gif

Everyone swarms the ring like Rocky 4. It's chaos. Piper walks away flexing.

The Fabulous Moolah vs Velvet McIntyre

I was getting drained by this point. Rubbish match. I'm pretty Moolah was born old.

ibeEFv72mEG9dt.gif

Velvet misses a splash and gets pinned. No finisher or anything. Crowd boos the shit out of Moolah

Corporal Kirchner vs Nikolai Volkoff

Flag match. Sheesh. I've ran out of alcohol at this stage and watching semi-sober.

Volkoff asks for the mic like a gentleman and sings the national anthem of the USSR. I stood up for it.

i1nUfWdkn9nBR.gif

If you were watching this without sound you would never know Kirchner was a face. Not only did this motherfucker purposely knock out the ref, he does this too

icuKePtJh4ju.gif

Should be disqualified, but G.I Joe wins and celebrates.

kiguel182

If Punk comes back and goes to Main-Event Mania I will lose all my respect for him.

This year that spot belongs to one man only, Punk should've main-evented when he was champion, not this year. Not even by a long shot.

Punk is probably me favourite wrestler but I would be pissed if he steals that spot from Bryan. Is bad enough that him leaving took the focus of Bryan a little bit, this would be worse.

I think the best course of action would be for Punk to take HHH with the story being that Bryan should go for the title and Punk finishes HHH for him. That way Bryan main-events Mania and it would insert Punk where he should be.

In other news, lol TNA.

Batigol

Banned
Battle Royale

20 WWF guys vs some NFL guys. I don't even watch NFL in 2014, so I won't even know who these 80s footballers are. Lots of moustaches

Final three is Hart Foundation and Andre. Bret decides here he needs to reconstruct his nose

ibxCwqUJHsE7sb.gif

Andre, who looked gassed the whole match throws Bret over.

i2PAVskxW2L8V.gif

Never wanna watch an Andre match again.

British Bulldogs vs Dream Team

iZQGdh5Tx29zC.gif

Ozzy Osbourne is here with the Bulldogs. I'm pretty sure he has no idea where he is. Also for some reason there is two officials for this match. No explanation is given.

British Bulldog decides half way through the match that he's going to stay perched on the turnbuckle. Luckily for him it pays off

ibiyteOTMunSWH.gif

Ozzy walks into the ring unannounced and steals a tag team title. He probably thinks he's at a concert

iLm2Mg8Ghoo3v.gif

Ricky Steamboat vs Hercules

Sadly, it wasn't Kevin Sorbo. Match would've been far better had it been.

ibys6pFj4bFXVl.gif

He kinda looks like a buff Eugene

Hercules goes for something off the top rope. Probably a splash. Stupid Hercules.

i5lcXiedGrdxM.gif

Ricky hits him with a crossbody for a win. Still disappointed it wasn't Kevin Sorbo.

iK9KVoxaAJQTf.gif

Adrian Adonis vs Uncle Elmer

Ladies and gentleman, the 'adorable' Adrian Adonis

ibztvF7xXmOuzV.gif

I don't know what his gimmick is. Wearing his Grandma's clothes?

His opponent was some hillbilly

inhodtJ1wPr4.gif

You can imagine how bad this match was. Trust me, I had to sit through it.

Adonis won after a splash from the top rope which the cameraman missed. Instead, here's him getting the pin. His clothes fell off during different periods of the match

ircnPO499iyn6.gif

Tag Team Match, playa

This match was bad. Really bad.

ibweKoqv213fun.gif

Terry Funk hit Junkyard with Jimmy Hart's talking device for the win. Thank god it's over. The other Funk was horrendously out of shape.

Hogan vs Bundy

Hogan is all bandaged up in this match because Bundy did this previously

iqrj78OhbWXdE.gif

Hulk wants to prove to Gene and all the Hulkamaniacs that here's good to go for the match. Gene can't stop staring at his nipples.

ibn171m2naWIjy.gif

King Kong Bundy is terrible and makes this match bad. He's just some big fat guy, like most of these 80s guys.

Also, where is his eyebrows? Does he have alopecia???

i5C2T44G77ePd.gif

Hogan won with a leg drop then climbed the cage. Thank God it's over

This was not a good PPV. It was just really random. Crowd seemed dead most of the time. But I finished it. Can never watch it again

Sokantish

If Punk comes back and goes to Main-Event Mania I will lose all my respect for him.

This year that spot belongs to one man only, Punk should've main-evented when he was champion, not this year. Not even by a long shot.

Punk is probably me favourite wrestler but I would be pissed if he steals that spot from Bryan. Is bad enough that him leaving took the focus of Bryan a little bit, this would be worse.

I think the best course of action would be for Punk to take HHH with the story being that Bryan should go for the title and Punk finishes HHH for him. That way Bryan main-events Mania and it would insert Punk where he should be.

In other news, lol TNA.

You can't really steal something that wasn't theirs in the first place!

styl3s

I hope Punk comes back as "Corporate Punk" and gets the main event slot screwing Bryan and Punk wins the title. Even Punk fans in the "wwe universe" would turn on him bringing him back to his glory heel days.

I would take this over Bryan winning 1000 titles. Besides, Bryan isn't going to main event mania this year and he isn't going to win the title. The sooner the delusional Bryan fanboys understand that the less disappointed they will be at mania.

Verendus

Banned
Still the best Undertaker WM promo video:

http://youtu.be/EC7V-ayjorg
It's crazy to me how much better these video packages make the actual program seem. The actual build to the Wrestlemania 26 match between these two was terrible. In the past 10 years, there have only been a select few programs that were built well for Wrestlemania in my eyes.

Batista vs. Triple H - Wrestlemania 21
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 21
Randy Orton vs. Triple H - Wrestlemania 25
Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 25
Batista vs. Cena - Wrestlemania 26
The Rock vs. Cena (and somewhere there was Miz) - Wrestlemania 27

The rest of the stuff was forgettable or truly wasted potential. Both the main events for Wrestlemania 23 for example were booked terribly. That had to be some of the most boring shit I've ever seen. I just don't think they know how to book even the most simple of stuff anymore. The above programs are the only ones I remember actually being somewhat interesting. I didn't even bother catching up with last years Wrestlemania because it just seemed pointless.

Sblargh

Banned
After failing to actually bury him, I think they could spend 2014 pretending to bury Brian so he can get the belt at XXXI and mark the beggining of the NXT era.

Bryan vs Triple H should have been the endgame all along . Bryan has been jerked around by Hunter since summerslam.

Why does he deserve to be in the main event ? . And before you say" the crowd will shit on the main event". They want that at this point . People are paying money to "shit" on tomorrow's raw !

if fans really wanted to shit on it they would sit on their hands.all night

Verendus

Banned
Brotista era gonna begin at Wrestlemania. I have no doubt he's getting that title and riding roughshod on the roster for a good few months. If WWE was smart, they'd milk this shit even more. Brotista is getting amazing heat. They should have him win at Wrestlemania, then do a triple threat for Extreme Rules with Orton and Bryan and make Bryan eat the pinfall. There is finally someone the people genuinely don't like and WWE should begin the milking process.

Sblargh

Banned
Brotista era gonna begin at Wrestlemania. I have no doubt he's getting that title and riding roughshod on the roster for a good few months. If WWE was smart, they'd milk this shit even more. Brotista is getting amazing heat. They should have him win at Wrestlemania, then do a triple threat for Extreme Rules with Orton and Bryan and make Bryan eat the pinfall. There is finally someone the people genuinely don't like and WWE should begin the milking process.

I don't disagree. We have someone we actually like (Bryan) and someone we actually hate (Batista); can't waste all this real emotion.

kiguel182

Baptista is getting X-Pac heat, you can't make money off X-Pac heat.

kiguel182

You deserve the burial for that twitch plays avatar.

You are just not ready for the pidgeot movement. You might try to held me down but the Universe knows I'm the real deal.

Yeah, it's not the 'you are a good heel' kind of heat at all. People just want him to go away.

Exactly, people would rather not having him there.

They could've used Baptista as a real heel and turn this into an actual story where people would pay money to see Bryan defeat him but, in this case, it's clear this is Orton vs Baptista and no one wants to see that.

RyudBoy

Still shocked at Meltzer's scoop on Cena vs Wyatt at mania. He announced that months ago and was spot on. I didn't believe that for a second, but was proven wrong.

Rapstah

X-Pac is unique in the field of X-Pac heat because it's almost impossible to change anything about the guy. X-Pac 1999-2000 did so little in the first place (except have good matches with people) that when people started hating him the only thing there was to hate was the dude himself.

I guess the X-Factor entrance music didn't help either.

Verendus

Banned
Baptista is getting X-Pac heat, you can't make money off X-Pac heat.
I don't know what is, and I'm not sure why it would matter. Batista is money regardless. He's one of the biggest stars they've ever had. The fact that they have someone people passionately hate is a great opportunity to build something out of it. It gives entertaining TV when you actually have a big heel. I know people want to start jacking off to Bryan as soon as possible, but there is nothing there when he gets to the top. And I'm not really interested in seeing the same old boring programs.

I just don't understand why they still went ahead with Batista and Orton if they were fine to turn Batista heel now. I genuinely didn't believe this match could be possible, but I was proven wrong. I still don't understand how it's happened. The obvious match was Bryan and Batista just so they can piss off people even more when Brotista wins. That's the only negative in all of this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People boo'ed X-Pac because he started off pretty good and just never changed anything in the ring. He did the same moves, and the ones he added were stupid(bronco buster). He was basically the same guy for his entire career.

For some reason, Kofi Kingston doesn't get heat for doing the exact same thing

People boo'ed John Cena because he started off pretty good and just never changed anything in the ring. He did the same moves, and the ones he added were stupid(huricanrana). He was basically the same guy for his entire career.

For some reason, Kofi Kingston doesn't get heat for doing the exact same thing[/QUOTE]

So then it was because he was being a heel?

I'm around that time period on my re-watch now where he started to get 'X-Pac Heat' it started off on a few shows where a few people in the crowd would chant 'X-Pac Sucks' throughout. Then that chant just sort of grew and became 'popular' - like the thing you do during his match to be cool.

I agree that nothing changed about him. It's just odd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hercules Hernandez is a great wrestler, great look. Understood his gimmick perfectly.

GQman2121

Banned
Do you think Batista's camp had any idea he would be so loathed upon returning to the ring? Surely being hated isn't a good thing when you're really back to promote a film releasing in the summer, right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also the original meaning of X-Pac Heat meant people hated you out of kayfabe. They didn't boo you because you were playing a character. They booed you because you were a POS irl

Do you think Batista's camp had any idea he would be so loathed upon returning to the ring?

Nope. They thought he would get Rock reactions. Because in their little pea brains, he's as big of a star as The Rock.

kiguel182

I don't know what is, and I'm not sure why it would matter. Batista is money regardless. He's one of the biggest stars they've ever had. The fact that they have someone people passionately hate is a great opportunity to build something out of it. It gives entertaining TV when you actually have a big heel. I know people want to start jacking off to Bryan as soon as possible, but there is nothing there when he gets to the top. And I'm not really interested in seeing the same old boring programs.

I just don't understand why they still went ahead with Batista and Orton if they were fine to turn Batista heel now. I genuinely didn't believe this match could be possible, but I was proven wrong. I still don't understand how it's happened. The obvious match was Bryan and Batista just so they can piss off people even more when Brotista wins. That's the only negative in all of this.

People want Bryan to succeed. I can't see how this is an hard concept to grasp. In August the WWE started a storyline that would, in a logical world, lead to Bryan get the title. Instead they pulled him off it and ignored it bringing Show, Cena and Baptista into it. They replaced Bryan with the kind of guys people were sick off.

Yes, Baptista can be used as a great heel, a big one at that but this wasn't the time or way to do it. It was obvious they wanted him to be a face and, of course that didn't work. They already had an heel, a history and a perfect ending. Instead they brought in Baptista. Why?

Baptista can make money, and he was a big star. But he wasn't needed now and it's obvious people don't want him there.

The story is already ruined anyway, now it's a case of seeing how much they can salvage or how much they ruin things further. They had everything set up to have a great Mania but they blew it. Oh well.

Showaddy

Batista's not actually going to be able to promote the film now everyone hates the bastard, him trying to get people to see Guardians is just going to make everyone think he's showing off and they'll just hate the film by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom