• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboo001

Banned
My Wrestlemania 13 review is ready to go but I'm having trouble uploading my gifs. It seems like the two sites I used (abload.de and imgur.com) seem to increase the size of the images. In abload.de's case, doubles the size of the image and the file size. Do these sites usually do that, if not, what am I doing wrong?

Aiii

So not worth it
My Wrestlemania 13 review is ready to go but I'm having trouble uploading my gifs. It seems like the two sites I used (abload.de and imgur.com) seem to increase the size of the images. In abload.de's case, doubles the size of the image and the file size. Do these sites usually do that, if not, what am I doing wrong?

It uploads as is, unless you've checked on of the resizing options in the dropdown.

Kaladin

My review is going to be gif free I think. I tried doing a few test gifs but A) I'm not that great at it, B) it's time consuming and C) I'm a better writer than I am a gif taker. So yeah, I'm just gathering my thoughts as I watch these matches....these horrible undercard squash and filler matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
My review is going to be gif free I think. I tried doing a few test gifs but A) I'm not that great at it, B) it's time consuming and C) I'm a better writer than I am a gif taker. So yeah, I'm just gathering my thoughts as I watch these matches....these horrible undercard squash and filler matches.

Yeah good idea, in hindsight I should have done my wall of text without gifs instead. I felt I did a pretty good job at making the matches come alive through text alone.

---

WWE Euroshop is best:
emaifgfgfgl_postcard_02.jpg

I noticed something last night-I was catching up on the thread, and since you guys were talking about Fully Loaded, I flipped over to it on my iPad. I had the sound turned off, so I turned on the closed captioning. All references to WWF and World Wrestling Federation have been edited to WWE and World Wrestling Entertainment, even when it's totally awkward to do so. I thought that was interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed something last night-I was catching up on the thread, and since you guys were talking about Fully Loaded, I flipped over to it on my iPad. I had the sound turned off, so I turned on the closed captioning. All references to WWF and World Wrestling Federation have been edited to WWE and World Wrestling Entertainment, even when it's totally awkward to do so. I thought that was interesting.

Huh.

That was a good match though...

mrboo001

Banned
It uploads as is, unless you've checked on of the resizing options in the dropdown.

Right. After removing all the numbers and the ".gif" from the gif's file now they upload normally. Thanks for the help. First part of the review should be up shortly.

Aiii

So not worth it

Their settlement only covers existing footage. So they agreed with WWF (I assume for a nice chunk of money) that they now don't have to edit out WWF and logo with WWF in it on old footage. But, they're not allowed to produce anything new with the WWF logo or mention the WWF. Which is why you don't see it on old school Raw or stuff like that.

I'll assume that includes their Closed Captioning writing out WWF, as silly as that sounds.

You know FallingEdge I hate anime I HATE IT.

.But i'll watch the shit out of Sailor Moon! =D

Like many others, Sailor Moon and DBZ were my first animes. I have a special place for it in my heart.

If only D.Bry looked like that irl.

Edge-kun, what's your fave five sailors?

5. Sailor Saturn (dat silence glaive)
4. Sailor Pluto
3. Sailor Galaxia
2. Sailor Mars
1. Sailor Jupiter

tumblr_lborsrC8Co1qd4ytdo1_400.gif

1) Jupiter
2) Mars
3-5) Don't matter

<3

Sephzilla

Their settlement only covers existing footage. So they agreed with WWF (I assume for a nice chunk of money) that they now don't have to edit out WWF and logo with WWF in it on old footage. But, they're not allowed to produce anything new with the WWF logo or mention the WWF. Which is why you don't see it on old school Raw or stuff like that.

I'll assume that includes their Closed Captioning writing out WWF, as silly as that sounds.

Is it wrong for me to wish that world wildlife fund would burn down and never come back?

jmdajr

Reigns On The Shield's debut and one of the original ideas WWE had for them:

"Yeah, we debuted at Survivor Series &#8212; the coolest part of that is we were supposed to have like shields. It was really..for lack of a better word..it was really lame. We had like, literal riot shields..fiberglass riot shields with the word "Shield" written up it. We were like..'everyone will know who we are..geez'. We just pictured..trying to get into the ring with these things.

Like, for years now..you go into the ring a certain way, and you're not usually carrying a huge, plastic shield. So, we just had this terrifying nightmare of not being able to..like slide in and we're like stuck..we can't get in and we're looking up and there's Ryback standing over us, and we've completely blown the whole debut.

So, immediately, Vince was like 'What, are you guys wussies? You need that?' We're like 'No'. And he's like 'Good, leave them', and we just ran in there and we beat the dog piss out of Ryback and put him through the table."

Bowser

Reigns On The Shield's debut and one of the original ideas WWE had for them:

"Yeah, we debuted at Survivor Series — the coolest part of that is we were supposed to have like shields. It was really..for lack of a better word..it was really lame. We had like, literal riot shields..fiberglass riot shields with the word "Shield" written up it. We were like..'everyone will know who we are..geez'. We just pictured..trying to get into the ring with these things.

Like, for years now..you go into the ring a certain way, and you're not usually carrying a huge, plastic shield. So, we just had this terrifying nightmare of not being able to..like slide in and we're like stuck..we can't get in and we're looking up and there's Ryback standing over us, and we've completely blown the whole debut.

So, immediately, Vince was like 'What, are you guys wussies? You need that?' We're like 'No'. And he's like 'Good, leave them', and we just ran in there and we beat the dog piss out of Ryback and put him through the table."

So was it cool or lame? C'mon Roman, make up your damn mind!

jred2k

Is it wrong for me to wish that world wildlife fund would burn down and never come back?

Looking at the current incarnation of the WWE, it was probably only a matter of time until they introduced "entertainment" in to their name at some point. A company that identifies its wrestlers as "Superstars" and "Divas" and suplexes as "throws" probably doesn't want to be considered just a wrestling federation.

Yeah good idea, in hindsight I should have done my wall of text without gifs instead. I felt I did a pretty good job at making the matches come alive through text alone.

---

WWE Euroshop is best:
emaifgfgfgl_postcard_02.jpg
Shame their Regal shirts are the shits :(

They need to get the new DBry hoodies in as well...

Chilly McFreeze gets me every time.

So was it cool or lame? C'mon Roman, make up your damn mind!

He's just trying to save face saying they were lame, I bet he loved those shields, he'd have thrown it at his opponents, they'd catch it and then he'd spear right through it.

Okay maybe they really were a bad idea.

Sblargh

Banned
Daniel Bryan's latest tweet is actually a retweet from WWF.
There's probably a meta commentary to be made about this, but I can't quite grasp what it would be.

Hasney

Daniel Bryan's latest tweet is actually a retweet from WWF.
There's probably a meta commentary to be made about this, but I can't quite grasp what it would be.

The occupying worked too well. He's now CEO. Taken out of the Wrestlemania matches because he's now got too much to do.

Bowser

Wrestlezone so take with a gigantic grain of salt, but apparently the new Shield WM match being discussed is a 6-man tag:
Shield vs Kane and the Ascension

mrboo001

Banned
Review: WrestleMania XIII: Part I

The twilight of the New Generation and just before the Attitude Era, it was around then when I first started watching wrestling as a child, so this should be fun to watch. I don't quite remember what was going on at this WrestleMania and I did my best to keep myself blind for it.

Vince on commentary with JR and King. Oh shit, a FRENCH commentary team! Never seen one before.

frenchuepse.gif

Blackjacks backstage promo, oh shit, it's Bradshaw!

blackjacksahpsg.gif

The Godwinns vs. The Headbangers vs. Doug Furnas & Phil LaFon vs. The New Blackjacks Team Elimination #1 Contender's Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship

I'm not very familiar with any of the teams, barely remember which Headbanger is which, so I apologize if I mess up the names. Match starts with chaos. Bradshaw starts off with Henry Godwinn. Pump Handle Smash by Bradshaw, after which tags in a Godwinn. Godwinn tags Thrasther, now it's Headbanger vs Headbanger! After goofing around, one of them tags one of the blue guys. Double Flapjack. Snap Sulpex by Blue guy, German pinning attempt to other Blackjack, kick out. Blue tags blue, Hurricanrana! Kickout. Slam and leg drop by other Blackjack, tagges in Bradshaw. Lariat misses, action spills onto the floor. Bradshaw get's his team DQ with a shove to the ref. As Vince wisely says, "That was a stupid maneuver!". Godwinns take over the offense against Headbangers. Godwinn tries to headbutt a Headbanger, doesn't work. Spits in his face, got spit back at!

duelingspitjnrxh.gif

They start throwing punches. Lariat into the corner and the Godwinns tag. Eye rake, and tag by Headbangers. Action goes outside again. A Godwinn on the approach, Flying Cross Body by a Headbanger! Or as Vince says, "What a maneuver!". Headbanger's throw one of them into a Godwinn. Action gets back into the ring, double clothesline by Headbangers. Moonsault attempt crashes and burns, but Headbangers get the tag. Back to back slams by Godwinn. Slop Drop attempt. Headbanger breaks up the attempt, other one flies out the top turn bucket and sits on a Godwinn chest. 1,2,3! Headbanger's win. That match was nothing special, but nothing too terrible either. Fun enough opening match.

The Iron Sultan w/ Iron Sheik & Bob Backland vs. Rocky Maivia (c) for WWF Intercontinental Championship

Honky Tonk Man comes out for commentary. Sultan comes out, Iron Sheik leads the way and Bob Backlund brings up the rear. So much star power for this jobber. Oh shit, a real star, (The) Rock(y)'s 1st WrestleMania! McMahon, King and Honkey keep bringing up that Rocky's a rookie and how he lucky to be champ. JR bring up this potential. Man does he look young. Tony Atlas chews gum. This is apparently a problem for King.

tonyatlaschewsgumlmquh.gif

Match starts with a stare off, Rocky plays to the crowd and Sultan shoves him. Series of punch, irsh wipe by Sultan, shoulder blocks Rocky down. Kip up! Rocky throws punches into the corner and wipes Sultan, counter, doesn't matter as Rocky tries to clothesline then throws Sultan out. Quick start to the match. Sultan talks to Sheik then Backlund. Rocky has enough and attempted to follow, but is pulled out. Rocky don't care, hits him with some punches and get Sultan against the ring post. Goes for the clothesline but hits only steel. Sultan has the momentum. Back in the ring, another clothesline by Sultan. Rocky stuck on the ground. Rocky tries some offense but gets knocked down again. And again. Backbreaker. Honky goes on a rant against Rocky. I'd wish he'd just shut up. He's almost as bad as today's King. Flying headbutt by Sultan, not of the Bryan/Beniot quality.

sultanflyingheadbuttpeou4.gif

Belly to Belly Sulpex. Kickout at 2. Long ass sleeper hold by Sultan. Most of the commentary in this match Honkey and King dissing Rocky. Rocky find's his Fighting Spirit, double clothesline. Pin attempt by Rocky, no good. Sultan throws punches but Rocky fights back. Dropkick. Belly to Belly, pin attempt but a kcik out. Nice Swinging DDT by Rocky, followed by a cross body splash, goes for the pin but Sheik distracts the ref. Nice Kick to the face by Sultan!

sultannicekickp9pyg.gif

This brings Rock down but he kicks out at 2. Piledriver by Sultan, still not enough. Rocky goes for the schoolboy pin, wins! This match start out fast, almost died but found it's energy at the end. Not too bad. JR goes for the post match interview but Sultan hit's him with the belt. Rocky gets ganged up. Iron Sheik put Rocky in Camle cutch, tries to make him humble. Rocky's dad, Rocky Johnson for the save, but get's beaten up by Sultan with the Iranian flag. Rocky fights back and the Rockys' clears the ring. They have a hug to close the segment.

Backstage promo with Ken Shamrock.

He's the guest ref of Austin vs. Hart. Says he'll have no problem controlling the match. Wait... oh shit, this Mania had THAT match? I was a huge Bret Hart mark back in the day, so I wonder how this match would affect me even though I sorta know what happens. Also, I didn't even know that match had a Guest Referee.

Backstage promo with Hunter Hearst Helmsley w/ Chyna

Young HHH! Young Chyna! Middle-aged Michael Hayes! Hunter Herst Hemesly vs Goldust next! Funny that both men are still able to wrestle now.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley w/ Chyna vs Goldust w/ Marlena

Ode to Joy! As Hunter and Chyna out to the ring. That was great theme for a wrestler to be honest. Match starts with a squatting Goldust staring at HHH. Quick clothesline and a series of punches by Goldust and he quickly has control of the match. Corner punches and Intervened Atomic Drop, followed with a throw to outside the ring. Hunter is tied up! Goldust free to punch away. Goldust goes up the apron, a kick to the face, bashes Hunter's head into the ring post and back into the ring. Chyna start downs Melina HHH tries to start some offensive but Goldust with the scoop powerslam. Goldust goes up top and Hunter follows. Hunter drops Goldust off the top, Gold drops straight down. Hunter brings him back in, clothesline, pin attempt, kickout. Hunter unzips his suit and a gives a viscous chop to the exposed skin and then a series of stomps in the concer. Pin attempt, Goldust kicks out. Two whips into the corner and a swinging neck brecker, still not enough. Hunter with the Abdominal Stretch. Menlia uses a cigar as a calming device as Chyna stares her down again. Goldust gets out, but HHH irsh whips and does a flying knee to Goldust. Sleephold on Goldust, he tries to get up but Hunter puts him back down with a sulpex. Goldust tries to get back into it with the crowd's cheers, but gets tossed to the corner. Goldust reveres with punches, but a DDT by hunter! Goldust gets irsh whipped but counters with a series of pin attempts but Hunter survives. Series of running attacks from both men pick up the pace of the match. Double shoulder. Hunter goes to the top rope, but is hilariously block by Goldust ass.

goldustbuttblockshuntourug.gif

Goldust start to take control, HHH with the Fair-ish flip, leads into the Bulldog head lock, 1, 2, KICKOUT!

hunterfairishflop9sofo.gif

Chyna heads to Menlia. Goldust sets up the Curtian Call, Hunter counters into a Pedgree, blocked. Goldust sees Menlia in trobule, picks her up.

goldustgivesaliftkir5h.gif

Distract that HHH needed, pushes Goldust into Menlia and she goes into Chyna's arms for a rough bear hug. Pedigree for the win! Match was actually good. I think Goldust is in better shape today then back then.

Backstage promo with Shawn Michaels and AOL

Shawn Michaels, at his computer.

michaelspcaaopkm.gif

michaelspcba5pyx.gif

Guess he had a hard time figuring out this new Internet thingy. Turns out Michaels has an injury stopping him from competing, but he seems to be doing ok. Oh shit, Owen out next!

Mankind & "Man They Call" Vader w/ Paul Brarer vs. Bristhbull Dog & Owen Hart

Paul :( Owen :( Davey :( So sad that over 50% of the people in this match are dead.

Owen comes out with his Slammys. I think he was the only one to really care about them. This should be a great match.

owensslammiestur07.gif

Owen and Vader starts out, lockup, Vader with control in the corner. Series of headbutts and punches. Vader taunts, allowing Owen to catch his breath and use his speed advantage for a clothes line attemp, but barely moves the bigman. Owen tries again but gets knocked down. Powerbomb by Vader, Bulldog get's Vader's attention. Vader Bomb attempt but Bulldog stops him. Mankind gets in the ring, him and order breaks down. Bulldog gets double irsh whipped but clothesline both Mankind and Vader.

bulldogdoubleclotheslr7pbv.gif

Things clam down with both legal men going to their corners. Ref botches by letting the illegals in. Standing Sulpex to Mankind. Vader gets back but Bulldog sulpexs him too! Back to Mankind with Snapmare and Sleeperhold. JR pimps the Superstar line. Bulldog attemps a running attck but gets flipped over by Vader. Mankind follows, gets the Urn but Bulldog avoids the attack. Vader does it right, pleasing Barer.

paulbarerishappylwrst.gif

Bulldog gets back in the ring, only to be greeted with a Vader sulpex. Pin attempt and kickout. Irsh whip into the corner and Vader swishs Bulldog. Vader slasphs Bulldog from sencond rop but Bulldog still kicks out. Vader tags Mankind in who keeps up the attack. Vader back in, they gan up on Bulldog. Vader goes up in the air, Bulldog turns the attempt into a sulpex! Owen with the hot tage, Missile Drop Kick! Kip up!

owenkipupicrc3.gif

Vader blocks the Sunset Flip attempt, Owen counters the Vader Swash attempt and hits the Cross Body. 2 count. Owen runs into Vader and Vader acts like a brick wall. Owen goes outside; bad idea. Vader follows, backbeaker and Mankind does an elbow drop from the aporchan. Owens struggles to get back in the ring only to be sent back down. Right infront Owen's parents! Stu doesn't react. Owen gets back in the ring and gets into a Sleeperhold by Mankind. DDT by Owen to start some offensive but to no avail. 2 count. Owen's thrown into the corner and Mankind smashes into him. Spinning Heel Kick! Both men down. Another 2 count. Vader tagged back in to stop Owen's movementon. Vader unleshes a lot of punches, sending Owen down. Another Spinning Heel Kick, another Vader attack, another 2 count. Owen thrown out of the ring but Owen counters with a Belly to Belly. This time. the camrea spooks Stu Heart.

stuheartspooked0eqqq.gif

Back in the ring, Enzurgy by Owen! Bulldog with the hot tag! Bulldog handles the other team. Mandibu Claw! Vader's Mask is off! Bulldog and Mankind knocked out of the ring and the Claw is back on. Double 10 count but Mankind don't care. Mankind finally lets go thanks to Vader. Tag Champs retained but the other team won the battle. Good Match.

Part II on the next page (by 100 posts per page).

Kaladin

Jeeeeesus.

I wanted to go see Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss on tour......$234 for a good seat and $58 for a lawn seat in the back of the amphitheater.....yeah no. I wouldn't pay that much for a Wrestlemania ticket anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom