• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December 2012 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes January 7

donny2112

Tonight we will see if the IDC report is to be believed (at least for the US).

If everyone is down at least 20-30% YoY, it's safe to assume that report is bull (because we already have Japan numbers).

The report is bull. Was already clearly pointed out numerous times in the thread you linked to.

Edit:
NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Dec-2012

1. 360 - 1265K
2. 3DS - 887K
3. PS3 - 808K
4. WIU - 544K
5. WII - 445K
6. PSV - 223K

jvm

Gamasutra.
The November 2012 results thread is closed, so I wanted to get this down somewhere.

Nintendo's site here: http://www.nintendo.com/games

Lists "Best-Selling Wii U Games" in the middle. The pop-up (?) icon says this when you hover: "Best-selling titles for the Wii U according to NPD Group Inc. based upon unit sales in November 2012."

I was looking for a chart like the others. Anyway, if the order matters (and not sure it does!) then this is what they have, left-to-right: Edit: I think it's ordered, reporting it as such.

1. New Super Mario Bros. U
  2. ZombiU
  3. Scribblenauts Unlimited
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  5. Just Dance 4
  6. NintendoLand
  7. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  8. Batman: Arkham City Amored Edition
  9. Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
  10. Skylanders Giants

Wasn't there a *cough* list of Wii U titles in the official results thread? I can't find it.

Edit: Ah, found it. Matches this list.

The November 2012 results thread is closed, so I wanted to get this down somewhere.

Nintendo's site here: http://www.nintendo.com/games

Lists "Best-Selling Wii U Games" in the middle. The pop-up (?) icon says this when you hover: "Best-selling titles for the Wii U according to NPD Group Inc. based upon unit sales in November 2012."

I was looking for a chart like the others. Anyway, if the order matters (and not sure it does!) then this is what they have, left-to-right:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • ZombiU
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Just Dance 4
  • NintendoLand
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • Batman: Arkham City Amored Edition
  • Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Skylanders Giants

Black Ops 2 sold around 23K I believe in November.

Pooya

his 2x last time wasn't accurate, but it was 'almost 2x', this time is more than 2x, maybe. that would be a slight drop from Nov for PS3.

jvm

Gamasutra.
For later, y'all:
MS PR said:
Xbox 360 ended 2012 as the best-selling console in the U.S., selling 1.4 million units in December. Xbox 360 was the must-have gift this holiday season with more than $1.27 billion spent on Xbox 360 retail including games, consoles and accessories in December. (Source: NPD Group, December 2012)

December 2012 NPD highlights:
· Xbox 360 sold 1.4 million units in December – more than double the amount of the second place console in the U.S. in the month of December. This marks the 24th consecutive month Xbox 360 has held the number one spot in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, December 2012)

· During the month of December, Xbox 360 held seven of the top 10 console game titles including: “Halo 4,” “Assassin’s Creed III,” “Just Dance 4,” “NBA 2K13,” “Far Cry 3,” “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” and “Madden NFL 13.” (Source: NPD Group, December 2012)

This holiday, Xbox delivered incredible value offerings paired with a strong lineup of entertainment experiences, along with exclusive blockbuster games like “Halo 4,” “Forza Horizon,” “Dance Central 3” and “Fable: The Journey,” as well as new family friendly titles such as “Kinect Nat Geo TV,” “Kinect Sesame Street TV,” and “Nike+ Kinect Training,” and third party titles like “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” and “Assassin’s Creed III.”

Even though the holidays are over, consumers can still get the best all-in-one entertainment experience starting at $99 with a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at $14.99/month. The Xbox 360 Entertainment For All Plan offers access to the best entertainment experiences including TV, movies, music, and sports, plus the hottest blockbuster games – all in one package. *

We expect 2013 will be another big year for Xbox 360 and we’re eager to continue to expand and grow the offerings available on the platform.

Miles X

1.4mill for 360 in December, given recent monthly drops, is such a fantastic number.

I wonder how much over 1.4m it was?

Outside of Black Friday, is the ASP of the PS3 actually up as a result of the new models - iirc, they coincided with a price increase?

The Y/Y for this month seems worse than pre-Super Slim, just off the top of my head.

TheNatural

My Member!
Month #2 after launch for Wii U and it was destroyed by at least double of 360? Maybe triple?

That's atrocious. And no, it wasn't supply constrained or whatever bullshit excuses will be flown in the NPD results thread.

donny2112

Month #2 after launch for Wii U and it was destroyed by at least double of 360? Maybe triple?

Wii was outsold by > 2x its first December, so this statement means nothing. Just FYI. Edit: 360 was outsold 5x its first December. Really need to find a better metric there. :lol

Troll

Banned

That's atrocious. And no, it wasn't supply constrained or whatever bullshit excuses will be flown in the NPD results thread.

How bad was the PS2 outselling the 360 out of the gate?

TheNatural

My Member!
Wii was outsold by > 2x its first December, so this statement means nothing. Just FYI. Edit: 360 was outsold 5x its first December. Really need to find a better metric there. :lol

How bad was the PS2 outselling the 360 out of the gate?

Did I miss something? Is this 2005 or 2006? Why is the standard canned response "well this happened in this year." Wii U is not the Wii, is not the PS2, is not the 360. It's the Wii U.

Did I miss something? Is this 2005 or 2006? Why is the standard canned response "well this happened in this year." Wii U is not the Wii, is not the PS2, is not the 360. It's the Wii U.
People make comparisions using data of previous console launches.
What the fuck else do you want them to do?

Top Bottom