• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

CO_Andy

The original Xbox S-Type dpad ought get to some more love round here. It's the only stock dpad since the Saturn to be utterly amazing for fighters.

And no, i haven't used the CC yet.

TreIII

donkey show said:
I wish my Saturn USB pads worked on the Wii. Stupid useless USB ports. =/

Hmmm...weird, I've heard of a lot of people using the USB ports to great avail (including using original NES/SNES controllers for VC).

On the other hand, have you tried riggin' up your controllers through a USB-GC port connector, of some sort? Your problem sounds like something my friend had a while back, and I believed he got around it using something to that effect.

qcf x2

The-Switcher said:
I dunno what you guys are smoking, but I think the PS2 pad is the only one that's any good for 2D fighters.

LOL good one!

Dual Shock is terrible for fighters. Is it usable? Sure. If you've got nothing else you'll learn how to use it (hell, I learned to use the original UFO shaped Xbox controller for SF3). There are no diagonals, and there are only four face buttons. There are no diagonals, and there are only four face buttons. There are no diagonals, and there are only four face buttons. ;P

Proven said:
Is this just because you've first played with the DS3 or similar d-pads and accumilated a bunch of experience before touching the CC or similar d-pad?

Nope. I don't think even think the DS3 has a great D-Pad or anything (although the PSP one is slighty better) and I mainly just think it is an acceptable D-Pad to use. My problem with the Classic Controller is that it is too close to the actual face of the controller and you don't get a good response when making circular movements. CC pad is still great for platformers and most other games, but I just don't like it too much for fighting games. I have my SNES/SFC pad that I will use for TvC unless I am able to get a good stick (hopefully the neo geo one for nostalgic reasons).

I still think that the Saturn pad is the best for any game that requires digital input. Second best, and sadly not immitated, I would say is the Gameboy Micro pad.

TreIII

donkey show said:
Wha? Where does it say that? I totally wanted to try out my Keyboard Controller.

It indeed doesn't have GC controller listed on the Famitsu scan.

Then again, I don't exactly recall RE4's Wii port touting GC controller functionality either. So I wouldn't imagine Capcom leaving it out for this game. I mean, how hard it would be to just add support for one more controller option?

Tenbatsu

Free at work so....

Aerial Rave
5oz0cy.jpg
6jksi9.jpg

Variable Attack
v6kwfs.jpg
17dzpl.jpg

Variable Assist
v2xkcp.jpg
2wr0uae.jpg

Variable Counter
2ryh91j.jpg
x40klk.jpg

Variable Combination
2cqi87r.jpg
vy641v.jpg

Variable Air Raid
5tsvow.jpg
15g0uv.jpg

9tmov5.jpg
2r6jpdg.jpg

Mega Crush
2mwa3oo.jpg
zty81l.jpg

Baroque Combo
2uigjk7.jpg
2zzpxtk.jpg

Misc
4gnu47.jpg
ie05ko.jpg

qcf x2 said:
LOL good one!

Dual Shock is terrible for fighters. Is it usable? Sure. If you've got nothing else you'll learn how to use it (hell, I learned to use the original UFO shaped Xbox controller for SF3). There are no diagonals, and there are only four face buttons. There are no diagonals, and there are only four face buttons. There are no diagonals, and there are only four face buttons. ;P

I disagree. PS2 controller is great for SF. It's like old school SNES contoller. The lights and fierces on the 4 face buttons. The mediums on R1 and R2. I can do kara throws, ex moves and other movement based stuff on that controller. I can also EWGF well on the PS2 D-pad as well. Overall, PS2 pad rocks for fighting games, imo of course.

Tenbatsu

Doronjo + Rockman Volnutt
jfgeo9.jpg

Karas
28sbp77.jpg

OP updated.

Characters
Catchaman | Casshern | Ryu | Chun Li
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298659&page=5

Batsu | Tekkaman
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298659&page=14

Yatterman | Alex + Promotional Art
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298659&page=16

Hurricane Polymar | Morrigan | Soki | Gold Lightan + Game System
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298659&page=22

Game System 2 + Doronjo | Rockman Volnutt | Karas
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12890443#post12890443

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, what? o_O

But how come most of the info is coming from CoJ? Even s-kill said that this was in CoJ.

yurinka

Hero said:
8ing? WTF?

So Castlevania Judgment isn't 8ing?
Yes. And Bleach games for PSP. 8ing worked previously with Capcom in games like Dimahoo, 1944 The Loop Master and Fate : Unlimited Codes.

Ookami-kun said:
Wait, what? o_O

But how come most of the info is coming from CoJ? Even s-kill said that this was in CoJ.
wsippel said:
Maybe they are just doing the Wii version?
Nope. 8ing develops partially the arcade version, too. Like Dimps in SFIV. Capcom of Japan is producing, designing overviewing and supporting the outsourced work, and doing other dev things like character design or some coding / engine stuff.

As s-kill said, Capcom of Japan is the publisher and manages the development of the game. Don't worry about the quality. Even it's outsourced, it's a Capcom game and will have the Capcom standards of quality. Capcom of Japan takes cares seriously of this thing.

Haunted

Karas is in there?

Holy fucking shit. I thought I wouldn't recognise any of the Tatsunoko characters (who the fuck is Tatsunoko was my first reaction when this game was unveiled) and I was determined to buy this for the Capcom characters only, but damn I know quite a few of those.

Awesome.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
wrowa said:
Here are untagged screens of the wii version. maybe some people have a use for that...
and yet the same fuckin disgusting compression level.

i wonder if the joint photographic expert group did had such use in mind when they were developping the standard..

Tenbatsu

Ookami-kun said:
Ah ok, so it was more or less a joint work then?
Actually we can more or less make a guess that its 8ing as those of you that frequent the Japanese Capcom Tatsunoko site, the characters section always had a Fate Unlimited Code promo page for the backcover.

Dali

comedy bomb said:
Fixed for total anarchy.
At first I thought of Topcat, Scoobie Doo, and the Flintstones and said to myself that's just plain silly, like Smash Brothers. Then I remembered Space Ghost, Mightor, and Race Bannon and thought to myself HB has a few serious badasses. Of course they could also toss in characters like Magilla for comedy relief/kiddie appeal.

TreIII

Dali said:
At first I thought of Topcat, Scoobie Doo, and the Flintstones and said to myself that's just plain silly, like Smash Brothers. Then I remembered Space Ghost, Mightor, and Race Bannon and thought to myself HB has a few serious badasses. Of course they could also toss in characters like Magilla for comedy relief/kiddie appeal.

Don't forget the likes of the Herculoids, Young Samson and Goliath (dog that turns into a lion! MAKES NO SENSE!!!! :lol , Birdman, and so many others...

If they really wanted to make such a thing, HB vs. Capcom could work just as well as TC is now.

Any way, interesting that the truth finally comes out about 8ing helping out Capcom with this game. Not that it gives me any reason to doubt the game any less, but in hindsight, it does make a good deal of sense, and one of my older guesses from way back ended up coming true after all.

Also, it's interesting that two of Capcom/8ing's games stand to come out around the same time in Japan. Fate: UC's PS2 port, and TC's Wii port, will be arriving in Japan a mere week apart from each other...

Netto-kun

I am debating whether to get the Hori Fighting Stick or the Neo Geo Stick. The latter was out of stock at Play-Asia, while Yesasia was overpricing it with 8600 yen. :lol Anyone who got either of the sticks who could give some impressions?:D

blu

Netto-kun said:
I am debating whether to get the Hori Fighting Stick or the Neo Geo Stick. The latter was out of stock at Play-Asia, while Yesasia was overpricing it with 8600 yen. :lol Anyone who got either of the sticks who could give some impressions?:D
i too was considering a neo geo one, but currently i'm looking into an x-arcade one.

it connects as a GC controller, though. hopefully TvC will feature GC pad support after all.

blu

_dementia said:
Don't go with X-Arcade. Bad PCB, Cheap Chinese knockoff Bao-Lian clone stick instead of a real Happ one and awkwardly spaced buttons.
thanks for the warning! i'll likely reconsider, but i need first to find a place that still carries the neo geos.

fubarduck

MarkMan said:
Posted this on SRK, but no one replied. ;(

Anyone?

Quick summary:

Unfortunately, there's no way to use this converter to use a PS2 joystick on the Wii. The reason is because this converter only accepts Analog controls, so even on regular Dual Shock controllers, the d-pad is unusable (only the Analog joystick).

They also tried it with an HRAP to confirm and it didn't work.

Sagitario

radcliff said:
According to Iga, Castlevania: Judgement is being developed by the team that made Elebits and Dewey's Adventure.

I remember reading that they were just helping since the team had Wii development experience, but Iga never said that Dewey's team was actually developing it...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But weren't you able to change the title before? I don't recall seeing it with MEGAMAN before.

And looks like Pegas is also in the game!

http://p.pita.st/?m=j80xvzef

ib4SPACELANCE

Also...

STOP TEASING US, CAPCOM OF USA!

(image taken from CoA Whiteboard)

01.jpg

Top Bottom